+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Topic: HELP GUYS! MSC in HERIOT WATT VERSUS ROBERT GORDON

Thumbs up HELP GUYS! MSC in HERIOT WATT VERSUS ROBERT GORDON

Please, I'm a PTDF scholar for the 011/012 session and I'm in a dilema now to choose between Heriot Watt (Petroleum Engineering) and Robert Gordon (Oil and Gas Engineering). I need clarification on the following:
    1. what are the differences of both courses
    2. Which school is regarded better
    3. In terms of graduate jobs and recruitment days, which is better.
    4. Finally, WHAT is the probability of securing a multinational job in the UK - those companies that have their sister company in naija OR other companies?

Please all kinds of intel is welcome here. Gracias as u do so.

Re: HELP GUYS! MSC in HERIOT WATT VERSUS ROBERT GORDON

RGU is regarded as the best school in oil and gas.That is where most oil companies all over the world take their problems to for research and solutions.I bet you a RGU certificate is sure to land you a rewarding career.I can't say 4 Heriot Watt.CONGRATS BRO

Heriot is Better, cos is one of the best school in the world, in terms of Petroleum Engineering, they are know for petroleum Engineering, I will advice you to take Heriot watt. RGU is good, but intems of rating in the world and job opportunity go for Heriot watt. guys that finish from RGU are still searching for job, is not by presences of oil and gas companies in His location that determines the job prospect. companies prefer Herriot graduate than RGU, but naija guys are used to RGU, cos of the course " oil and Gas Engineering"

all ur questions can be easily answered by google check the ranking for the both on google, u can even find out which of d courses has more prospects and every other thing u know on google

Gone are the days when people attend a university becos of its name. What matters is the viabiliy of your course and its demand in the work environment. as well as the skills you acquire studying there. There are people from those two universities you mentioned that applied for the same job with someone from a mid-table university in the Uk. but couldnt demonstrate the relevance of their course to the role, while the mid table guy did and got the job. Enjoy your course at an affordable price and the rest will come to you.

Ajoma...Congrats i must say......
    Gone are the days like can do said........But what i must tell you is that for the name Heriot watt beat RGU but also for the course in question RGU beats HW. Taking Nigeria as an example we are just trying to tap in the knowledge of our GAS reserves which will be a good thing if u can have good understanding about it but foro pet. eng...thats wat they have been into al the while. A brother once told me that OIL and GAS degree will be good to have this time because that's what these oil majors are focusing on now in our dear country........
    Take RGU....opportunities are everywhere even outside naija..... ALL DA BEST

Congrats bro!!! Go for rgu...am betting the course content for oil and gas would be much wider....

In my opinion, I will recommend Heriot Watt since it is among the top 10 petroleum engineering schools in the world. That cannot be said of RGU even though the oil and gas course is very popular with Nigerians, especially the new graduates interested in doing an oil and gas related masters in the UK.
    The lord is in total control...<br />If you put your trust in him, you will never be disappointed

Don't even bother thinking it out. Oil and Gas is just a synonym for Petroleum.The only course in RGU that comes close to ranking with HW is Drilling and WELL. No even think go near RGU o! No say I no tell you.

Heriot's better

Guy, better go to Heriot Watt. RGU used to be highly rated before but it's rating has dropped drastically; Heriott Watt is currently rated better than it. I have a friend who was in this scenario 2 years back (Sept 09), he went to RGU and he told me that it was a bad choice he made then cos the Heriott Watt folks have better opportunities and oil firms go their to recruit.

Oil and gas is the same with petroluem.rgu just chose to call it a stylish name for marketing purposes.petroluem is actually oil and gas.
    That said hw is better rated than rgu especially in terms of petroluem.herriot watt is second only to imperial in the uk for petroluem.for grad jobs here that one get k leg.uk has withdrawn the post study work visa which guys used to use to get grad jobs in the uk.i hate to burst your bubble but i have to be straight with you.from 2012 no more of the psw.so its better you cast your sights home after your studies.this is the present reality.i rest my case!

in ranking Heriot Watt is higher than RGU and they are well known in the world of Petroleum Engineering. RGU is not a bad place too and by general sampling and personal experience RGU have a kind of strong connection in fixing their students up when it comes to employment... If you want to go by international recognition Heriot is better...but I must confess, anyone you pick is good bcos you are coming to a world where the name of your school might not really count so much but your personally ability. Although some companies have special interest in some schools than others. my candid advice is that you get the best out of where ever you choose to go.

+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast