+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: HEEEELLLP: PTDF DISQUALIFIED ME WRONGLY

HEEEELLLP: PTDF DISQUALIFIED ME WRONGLY

After waiting for PTDF's invitation for so long, I decided to call their customer support. I was shocked when I was told that I was disqualified because I did not pass English in WASSCE! But that is not true. I explained to them how terribly wrong that was. They sympathized with me but said it was not their department that handled the selection process and so they could not help me!

House, please advise me. Who has inside information about PTDF? Who in PTDF can I talk to?

gzl

Re: HEEEELLLP: PTDF DISQUALIFIED ME WRONGLY

@Sir Neyo, there's nothing u can do. I'll advise u accept fate & try ur luck next time.
    I contacted them thru email & they replied that my credentials are not legible, that was d reason they gave for not shortlisting me. The truth is: they can't shortlist everybody cos there're too many of us qualified for the scholarship. They had 2 give one excuse or the other. So, they can't pick everybody. Me don accept my fate o.
    "You don't win the Silver, You only lose the Gold"...ENGR-GENERAL OF THE FEDERATION (1ST)

@Sir Neyo, there is really nothing to be done just as @gzl has said, we have so many qualified candidates, but truth be told they cannot pick everyone, they gave the same reason as that given to @gzl, credentials not legible, my brother they just have to give one reason to back up their actions

Well i think the fact is that the current crop of ppl doing the selection are grossly incompetent & bereft of abilities........ how can u make a mistake abt someone's result and then all you can say is " it was not their department that handled the selection process and so they could not help"?.....Is there no organisation there?......Or disqualify someone based on legibility of credentials?.......then why did they ask ppl to fill forms online, put fone numbers or emails if they dont know what to do with them?

In time past it used to be more transparent.....publishing in the dailies and all that.....but now......i wonder

The truth of the matter is they already have 90% of candidates to be sponsored, and a good example is a friend whose dad is a politician ( ex-governor) that got called up even without purchasing the form?
    That explains why I never gave out my money to those guys in charge in buying a form and only a few of the 'masses' get the chance of the ptdf scheme, so plsssss just take heart boy!

I think i just might agree with you famuchie, cos the reasons they have given so far have been very very lame to say the least. Only God knows what other reasons they'll come up with......

Take heart
    Never Give Up In Pursuing Your Dreams...

gzl

They should have included that the money I paid to purchase the scratch card is not "Legible" and therefore return my money.(vexing)
    "You don't win the Silver, You only lose the Gold"...ENGR-GENERAL OF THE FEDERATION (1ST)

lol.. abi oh....the money legible and person credentials no come legible......wetin dey annoy me sef na d stress of getting transcript and reference letters

gzl

Exactly. Travelling all the way 2 school 2 get the ref forms signed.

I know you all must be very bitter. That they are using flimsy excuses as reasons is not at all fair. However, it is also your responsibility to make sure such issues as legibility and the like do not occur. They should have stated it during the application process - I'm not sure they did. One sensible thing to do is to contact you about the legibility of your documents but you can still not hold them on that one. Such contacts are usually made when you are very close to getting the offered package and in this case where they still have a large number and still at the early stages, I doubt that will come to mind.

To all of you that were not invited, it is not the end of the road for you. Actually, if you are a child of God, you will know that "all things worketh together for good". I got kicked out from a scholarship test I had high hopes for last year because I was not invited even when I submitted my application and all requirements personally at their office. There was no single ground for disqualifying me, infact I will say I was over qualified. I cried but you know what, I got another scholarship which i even thought was more difficult. The initial scholarship which I hoped for, nothing was heard about it after the test till today. So, cheer up and expect the best from God. HE IS ABLE

gzl

@sbmee, na consolation. Anyhow, I believe it is to God's glory that I wasn't shortlisted. But that still doesn't remove the fact that PTDF are incompetent.

When a child is beaten you never hold him/her back from crying; otherwise you will get more than you bargain for.
    F

+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast