+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Govt Job VS GTB Job

Govt Job VS GTB Job

House, we all know how difficult it is getting the desired jobs in these hard climes. However, which would you prefer; a job with a government agency (current) , pay of about 70k, or a new entry level offer with GT bank. Please note that the person in question is an electrical engineer ( 2-1!).

Your responses are well appreciated.

Re: Govt Job VS GTB Job

What is the GTB pay?

It all depends on what the person wants in his or her career path... The Bank may pay better but might not be security guaranteed but the Government own might be secured. So decided on what you want... Ask for God's direction.
    TRUST IN JEHOVAH THE GIVER OF EVERY GOOD GIFT AND PERFECT PRESENT.HE IS SURELY THERE FOR YOU

I believe the bank pay would be better than the government pay. If u are determined to succed in your job, through hardwork and dedication I think the bank will be better for you. The financial knowledge and contacts you make while working with the bank will also be valuable to you in the future. For the government job, how often would you be promoted? find out and weigh your options. Goodluck

@webstradamus...The GT job after training is about 171k
    @maxweber...True, but self development is also important. One of the benefits often said about government jobs is 'u have time to your self'. But the question is 'time for what?'. I feel as recent graduates this is the time to knuckle down, get busy and challenge ourselves.

@tbone...Like you know, the govt job is essentially a lounging job. Promotions are every three yrs or there about and aren't necessarily dependent on performance, just dependent on TIME spent

The world as we have it now is gradually loosing every sense of the word "job security", I believe that one should choose a career path and plan that career path in such a way that he guarantees his own security, you have to be in control, even if it is a pseudo sense of being in control of your life rather than leaving it to your employer, if not, you may wake up one morning to realise that your access badge has been disabled and the security man would inform you that oga wants to have a chat with you upstairs...the rest like they say is history

Govt vs GTB...both start with G...thus lets look beyond the physical...lol
    in as much as I cannot shy away from the fact that the xtra 100k no be beans, my question would be where is this fellow heading to where does he want to be in let's say 10 years, career-wise, professionalism and competency level, net-worth level, etc. which of these two(GVT vs GTB...lol) would take him there, in one piece, dept free, in record time, and with great job satisfaction and a sense of fulfillment...seeing that he is an EE grad

... most importantly, look upwards to God for direction, He's got the best plan for your life, ask Him for direction as to which of these two would be instrumental for Him to use in your life

Govt job Vs GT bank

I beg ur in d name of GOD not 2luk in d way of bank. Bank job is a destiny killer cos it wil kil, steal & destroy ur tym. Som1 said wat do u nid ur tym 4 as a youth, i shake my head. Am a victim of ds same issue. Am a Pet & Gas engr. I optd dBank, while my colleagues optd for technical xprienz. Today, am regrettin. I lost an oil job rcently not bcos i faild @ interview bt just bcos my CV had no engineering/science relevance. I tel u dt evn one of my friends who teaches Physics in a secondary sch ws considerd. Today he is in UK undergoin training. If u go 4d govt job u wil hv tym 2acquire gud engineerin certificate. Pls dont b deceivd by dt GT salary, infact info @my disposal said GT halved her staff's salary recently b4 ZB and odas follow suit, so dt 171k s a big lie. Dea s also notin lik job security dea. As a marketer u wil NEVA meet ur target cos dmoment ur cabal gets clos 2ur target, target s rviewd upward. And if u r in operations, u wil work 4ova 11hrs evry day witout any overtym alawee,if u r un42nate 2hv shortage in ur cash balance,ur acct wld b debitd. My guy, u hv a vry gud choice, 70k in a govt agency is a gud bargain dt can catapult u 2a greta height. Dbank blongs 2my fellow colleagues who went 2d higher institution 2study wat relate 2bank's operation.

@Tripple-C...So which would you choose?
    @fioyegold...I fully understand what you mean as I served in a bank. But, you've also mentioned experienced gained. What if there is no experience gained or the little gained has absolutely nothing to do with electrical or engineering in general?

Pray abt it and let God direct u. However, gov job is mor secured dan bnk job. Also as some1 said it depends on wat u want 2 achieve in life, if u ar planning 2 establish ur own firm (self employed) in d future is better u take d bank job bcos u wil acquire money on time 4 self investment. Wish al d best.

Quote Originally Posted by Stalingrad
    @Tripple-C...So which would you choose?
    Quote Originally Posted by fioyegold
    I Am a Pet & Gas engr. I optd dBank, while my colleagues optd for technical xprienz. Today, am regrettin. I lost an oil job rcently not bcos i faild @ interview bt just bcos my CV had no engineering/science relevance....................Dea s also notin lik job security dear..............................My guy, u hv a vry gud choice, 70k in a govt agency is a gud bargain dt can catapult u 2a greta height.............
    For the record, everything I say is my personal opinion, based on some of the things I consider as priority in life;
    1. I look forward to being a business owner very soon, this therefore affects my choice of jobs considering the fact that I need experience; I mean RELEVANT experience to enable me get a job that will further improve my wealth of experience in the direction of landing a bigger (pay and package) job and also further entrepreneurial and management abilities....this may entail picking a lower paying job that will keep me on track

mind you, what I may refer to as being relevant may not be relevant to you, because in life our definition, concept and perception of the same thing differs gr8ly, and thus our priorities per time differs

based on this lil point to back up my conclusion I will opt for the govt job, not for security(It does not exist in the world economy as we have it now; it is only a mirage) but for the relevant experience no matter how lil,

tomorrow I may opt for the bank, that is after I have gotten lots of relevant experience I want to gain entrepreneurial and managerial skill relevant to business, and also for the pay to help me with immediate capital...that is if by then their pay is still attractive and the interest rates don't make one bankrupt even before he floats the biz

Chiefoooo choose one out of the two jobs after all u will not need our opinion to make ya final decisions...

hmm, i'll go for the govt job cos of stability ^ d advantage of time to which development can be achieved. what do i mean? If u are a graduate applying its easier for you to start your masters without being distracted if you are going for a full time course, but in a bank aw u wan take do am?!
    b

+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast