+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Fuel subsidy: your opinion

Fuel subsidy: your opinion

What really is your opinion for me this subsidy is really a torn on my flesh.

Re: Fuel subsidy: your opinion

its a good initiative but bad timing...

Gud thinking,Gud timing but many are ignorant of the whole subsidy issue cos communication wahala..

Initially I was vehemently opposed to the fuel subsidy removal. But later I awoken my economic sense and letting out the initial suspicious emotional outburst. The fuel subsidy is a bitter pill for us Nigerian to swallow but promising soothing effects on the economy. Yes, the timing is bad but there can never be a good time in Nigeria. Since we have taken the steps, it best we Nigerian pray and support the Government for a better Nigeria for all us.

Gud idea, bad timing n lack of trust cos of d past experiences.

wats d benefit.we nid 2 cut down on honourables allowances and expenses 2.he knows d corrupt kabals and yet they r nt behind d bars nw they wnt 2 turn our country 2 paradise wit fuel subsidy money unda 6months wat a joke.wat is our govt doing 4 us.i tink he shld remove d corruption nt d subsidy n wen d time n oda facilities r there then he cn kip his subsidy.

I took time to assess this subsidy removal and came to a conclusion that: IT'S A WRONG DECISION. What the govt should do now is to REVERSE the pump price to N65 so as to avert the impending doom on the country.

Subsidy removal has caused untold hardship on Nigerians. Skyrocketed transport fares, increased food/commodity prices, even pure water now N10. And we all know the poverty level of the country, people can no longer afford basic needs. Consequently, they are crying to the govt to reverse the price. The govt have to be a LISTENING govt.

To me, i will say the President is confused at present. The palliative measures is bringing now are late already. He ought to have introduced them before this period. Also, he must know Nigerians are following things up with him critically, there are some guys that contributed to his election and fully engage in importation of fuel. He must first cut off with & expose them, reduce cabinet members salary by 50% (and not 25% as earlier announced which is too meagre), and roll up his sleeves with strong determination to govern very well.

am in support of the fuel subsidy removal, hard times need hard decision. Again govt should cut down unneccesary expenditure and allowances. Give licence to other marketer and above all FIX NNPC for once. Shalom

as far am concern our main problem is CORRUPTION and not fuel subsidy even if they recover billion of dollars nothing will still happen. What happened to the foreign reserve account?

The removal of fuel subsidy sounds good but we cannot rely on their promise until corruption is dealt with. Mr President promised to bring down the prices of Cement, Kerosine and even made himself the minister of Power at some point yet nothing good has happened. He has not achieved anything tangible since he assumed office.I refuse the removal of Fuel Subsidy because we have not tackled corruption. The Governors and Local Government Chairmen will enrich themselves, their Families and girlfriends with subsidy money as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Original Kings View Post
    Gud idea, bad timing n lack of trust cos of d past experiences.
    U said it all.

+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast