+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 247 of 401 FirstFirst ... 147197237245246247248249257297347 ... LastLast
Results 3,199 to 3,211 of 5202
Like Tree617Likes

Topic: DPR Interview; How did it go, guyz?

Re: DPR Interview; How did it go, guyz?

Bringing it forward... These days... i seem to searching for this forum...
    Any meaningful update?

We have been working behind the scene. I needed to explore all available options before I present to the house for a final decision. Today in particular was very hectic for me as I had meetings in both The Guardian and Punch which are in 2 opposite directions in Lagos. I met with the advert controller of Guardian Mr Henry Onifade in his Rutam House office, Oshodi-Isolo Expressway and thereafter proceeded to another meeting with Mr Martin (Business Editor) and Mr Oni (News Editor) both of Punch newspapers at Punch head office in km 14 Lagos-Ibadan expressway. I had already spoken with the Thisday guys before now. All the papers can give us a discount but we still cannot afford a half page advertorial with them which is ov er N200k after the discount plus 5% VAT.I have N75k with me, I contacted Martin today and he said he will transfer the amount with him to me as soon as he can.So we need about N50k more to pay for a half page advert conveniently.We also have the option of forgetting about the advertorial if we can't afford it and focusing on getting as many papers as possible (say about 5 major papers) to do a story on the recruitment and publish on same day or within same week for impact to be felt. This will cost less or nothing apart from phone calls and logistics.The ball is in your court guys...
    MEKS190 likes this.

@debrown, a job well done. God bless u bro

Beautiful job Mr Debrown well appreciated. But d issue of gettin more than 5 papers to capture dis preocess for publication all on d same day or week @ a cheapen rate seem a perfect but confusing issue to me jst yet. Tnx

@all, we need to raise the remaining 50k. Having raised almost N190K, I don't see 50k being an obstacle to this publication.

Getting as many papers as possible to do the story on the recruitment and publish on the same day or within same week is more better than spending large amount on just a half page of a single daily. my suggestion please..

why are you not considering a press conference?we dont need the paid advert
    Quote Originally Posted by debrown View Post
    We have been working behind the scene. I needed to explore all available options before I present to the house for a final decision. Today in particular was very hectic for me as I had meetings in both The Guardian and Punch which are in 2 opposite directions in Lagos. I met with the advert controller of Guardian Mr Henry Onifade in his Rutam House office, Oshodi-Isolo Expressway and thereafter proceeded to another meeting with Mr Martin (Business Editor) and Mr Oni (News Editor) both of Punch newspapers at Punch head office in km 14 Lagos-Ibadan expressway. I had already spoken with the Thisday guys before now. All the papers can give us a discount but we still cannot afford a half page advertorial with them which is ov er N200k after the discount plus 5% VAT.I have N75k with me, I contacted Martin today and he said he will transfer the amount with him to me as soon as he can.So we need about N50k more to pay for a half page advert conveniently.We also have the option of forgetting about the advertorial if we can't afford it and focusing on getting as many papers as possible (say about 5 major papers) to do a story on the recruitment and publish on same day or within same week for impact to be felt. This will cost less or nothing apart from phone calls and logistics.The ball is in your court guys...

RoZ

@Debrown, I as well as every member of this forum highly appreciate the selfless effort u have put into this struggle from the inception. Secondly, some of us will want to know if the half-page publication is going to be a FRONT PAGE publication. If no, then we should go for multiple publication within a week using 5 major papers for maximum impact to be felt. As for the press confrence, it might come after the publications. we still need to know how cheap it is and how many media majors will be present at the press conference, bcos the aim of the struggle is to bring to the fore our plight and by so doing our letters can be released. I believe the FG through the MPR truely wants to ensure that DPR is up and doing, hence the reason for the 2010 recruitment process which was appropriated for in 2012 budget. the delay, which we all know is not healthy for our dear country, might be attributed to dynamism and challenges being faced by MPR lately.

@All, I suggest that if by Friday 31st August 2012 we are unable to raise additional N50k, we will use the option of getting our story to be published in some 5 major papers (not as an advert). Since money is an issue for us, we might also try to lobby a lawmaker to raise the issue as a motion. Don't worry about this, we have some good contacts to do it.

If we talk of press conference, hw many of us will b der considering d fact that we r dispersed across the country? And how can we gather d media houses together? @debrown I think d latter option u gave is a good one, let's embrace it. Juma'at Kareem to ol

@debrown,may Godin his mercy bless you and give us a successful struggle.AM realy in support of t6hat story in the dailies because it will have more infact in the struggle when the government is struggling to clear it self opf so many allegation of manouvres in the country,they will not like this one to join,but make sure the issue be soft so as not be we are in confrontation with the MPR,just like the letter we draft,after if nothing we go to world press conference in abuja or lagos.i think we have waited enough,we should start to unveil all the avenues we have.you know they may think no one will talk because that is how nigerians are,we will be cheated but no body will talk,but when they notice we are still waiting and made our plight known to the world they will respond.is high time we stop this silence.WORLD PRESS CONFERENCE IS THE NEXT AFTER THIS STORY IF NOTHING COMES OUT. BUT PLS TELL THE GUYS TO MAKE THE CAPTION FROM FRONT PAGE.MAY GOD HELP US.WE SHOULD INTENSIFY PRAYERS FOR GOD TO REMOVE ANYBODY BLOCKING THE CONCLUTION OF THE RECRUITMENT.

@debrown, nice idea! all ur suggestions above are welcome. justgo ahead with the good job. God go bless u 4 ur effort.

Only Jah Knows Our Future.. Not even DPR or the anyone.

So relax and enjoy the Groove while it last.. Life is more of the present than the future.

Only the living can praise and work at DPR or still see tomorrow.

Gd morn The Good and The Bad.

+ Reply