+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 26 of 42 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Topic: Diageo has started sending mails

Re: Diageo has started sending mails

Quote Originally Posted by oyepumpin1 View Post
    I heard frm a reliable source dat they ve nt called Graduate-Finance folks for interview, but dnt knw abt Supply folks. I stand to b corrected if dis is contrary.
    I hesitate to divulge this information, but when i went for the one-on-one interview, at the reception i saw a list that included my name and several other invitees. Some were already ticked, meaning perhaps that they've done theirs because when she asked for my name and i replied, she ticked mine too. That was at exactly 7.45am.

On that list the procurement heading had 10 names, the legal heading had just 2 names, the supply heading had 15 names, for HR, i cant really put a figure because i m not too sure, but i m sure it didn't exceed 13. There was a heading for Finance, even one other one, but i couldn't get those because the lady covered it after ticking my name. You can be sure that I am certain about the details i m revealing here because i saw it.

Perhaps one could argue that the list i speak of was for that days interview. well maybe, but i m doubtful about that.
    The most surprising one sef was legal..just 2 names.
    Naija. God help us!
    I

@Dennizzman, apparently u applied for a procurement role, what is ur discipline?

Hmmm... Na wa o
    "Today is the Yesterday of Tomorrow, by Tomorrow it would be impossible to make Yesterday phenomenal. So take Today more important than yesterday, then only would Yesterday cling to Tomorrow". Kainos_k...(2009)

Quote Originally Posted by EON DIGEST View Post
    @Dennizzman, apparently u applied for a procurement role, what is ur discipline?
    Chemical Engineering! Where u shortlisted for the A.C too!
    I

Guys,

I use to check the posts on this thread but I have been so passive all the while... I applied for Graduate-Supply, but got bounced yesterday afternoon...after the LONG WAIT!
    I felt so bad and just had to send Diageo this mail immediately:

To the Human Resources
    Diageo Graduate Program

[I][I][B]Dear Sir/Madam,
    I applied for the graduate supply function and I just got a rejection mail, still I wish to express my indignation as regards your current Graduate Management Program.

On July 25th 2011, you shortlisted all the other graduate functions for telephone and one-on-one interviews except those that applied for Supply and Finance functions. Yet, as if that was not worse enough, you sent successful mails to those who made it through at the interviews to get ready for your “Assessment Centers”, whereas graduates for the other 2 functions (Supply and Finance) still wait in agony…always having to check their mails every now and then in anticipation that they’ll get a mail from Diageo. But the long wait was at our peril!

PLEASE why does this recruitment program have to be like this? Instead of interviewing some graduate functions and leaving some 2 other functions that make up the majority behind, it will have been a lot better if you had carried everybody along from the start. Imagine someone like myself who had to wait a whooping 2MONTHS just to get a rejection!
    But now that the deed is already done, you can still ameliorate the situation by notifying those still waiting for feedback by indicating to them the particular reason(s) responsible for the delay and then give a particular date when you wish to finally contact them…that to me will be a fair treatment to the unemployed youths in this country, an attribute which I believe a reputable company like yours should exhibit.

Sincerely,

END OF MAIL

Must confess things ain't done the right way in this country. I mean, I schooled in the UK and must tell you that I find things really different here. You want to recruit graduates and you don't give an overall time-table of the processes involved?...that's really sick!
    I've been thinking all the time while patiently expecting their feedback that's it's gonna be a positive one...so I was really shocked when it eventually turned to be a rejection.
    @dennizzman : I'm still wondering about the List you said you saw at your one-on-one interview because according to this thread, nobody that applied for Supply or Finance have yet been interviewed. However, there's a possibility that those names you saw are the successful ones for the functions who will soon be contacted.

Wish all you guys the best of Luck....

@babadee, well said. I'd say this shld be a wakeup call 4 d employers in Nigeria to be fair on we job seekers.
    But guy u re really analytical about d whole process o & i really feel ur post. Aluta Continua! lol

Quote Originally Posted by dennizzman View Post
    Chemical Engineering! Where u shortlisted for the A.C too!
    Yes I was....

Quote Originally Posted by babadee187 View Post
    Guys,

I use to check the posts on this thread but I have been so passive all the while... I applied for Graduate-Supply, but got bounced yesterday afternoon...after the LONG WAIT!
    I felt so bad and just had to send Diageo this mail immediately:

To the Human Resources
    Diageo Graduate Program

[I][I][B]Dear Sir/Madam,
    I applied for the graduate supply function and I just got a rejection mail, still I wish to express my indignation as regards your current Graduate Management Program.

On July 25th 2011, you shortlisted all the other graduate functions for telephone and one-on-one interviews except those that applied for Supply and Finance functions. Yet, as if that was not worse enough, you sent successful mails to those who made it through at the interviews to get ready for your “Assessment Centers”, whereas graduates for the other 2 functions (Supply and Finance) still wait in agony…always having to check their mails every now and then in anticipation that they’ll get a mail from Diageo. But the long wait was at our peril!

PLEASE why does this recruitment program have to be like this? Instead of interviewing some graduate functions and leaving some 2 other functions that make up the majority behind, it will have been a lot better if you had carried everybody along from the start. Imagine someone like myself who had to wait a whooping 2MONTHS just to get a rejection!
    But now that the deed is already done, you can still ameliorate the situation by notifying those still waiting for feedback by indicating to them the particular reason(s) responsible for the delay and then give a particular date when you wish to finally contact them…that to me will be a fair treatment to the unemployed youths in this country, an attribute which I believe a reputable company like yours should exhibit.

Sincerely,

END OF MAIL

Must confess things ain't done the right way in this country. I mean, I schooled in the UK and must tell you that I find things really different here. You want to recruit graduates and you don't give an overall time-table of the processes involved?...that's really sick!
    I've been thinking all the time while patiently expecting their feedback that's it's gonna be a positive one...so I was really shocked when it eventually turned to be a rejection.
    @dennizzman : I'm still wondering about the List you said you saw at your one-on-one interview because according to this thread, nobody that applied for Supply or Finance have yet been interviewed. However, there's a possibility that those names you saw are the successful ones for the functions who will soon be contacted.

Wish all you guys the best of Luck....
    Hhhmmmm. I hope they got the mail. It it is a feedback that they will need to take seriously.

Good job.

nice one babadee...a well composed mail I must say..
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul

@nedunaija, did u or any of ur folks that applied for Graduate-finance get any mail watsoever?

Yes I was....
    For which of the positions? And what did u also study!
    I

Procurement. I studied Chemical Engineering also...

Procurement. I studied Chemical Engineering also...
    guess that makes me your brother in engineering and in procurement. And hopefully in the diageo employ! Goodluck bro.
    I

+ Reply
Page 26 of 42 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast