+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Topic: Dangote Cement PLC Graduate Engineer Trainee Programme

Re: Dangote Cement PLC Graduate Engineer Trainee Programme

Dat 0.01 is a big mark cos it does nt fall frm heaven.it can push a 2.2 to a 2.1. 4.49 is a strong 2.1 and 4.5 is a weak ist class.

0.01 is a big mark cos it does nt fal frm heaven.it can turn a 2.2 to 2.1. 4.49 is a strong 2.1 and 4.5 is a weak ist class.so if ur lectures denied u dat point it is a big deal.

A time is coming in this country when 2.1 graduates will no longer be qualified enough to get a job.

@brotherly, i can feel ur pains but be rest assured dat u're not d only victim.

Engr. Ann, You do not get my point. 0.01 will not and will never fall from heaven. I AGREE. My point is this, I tell you what happened in the late 90's in a University in Nigeria. Two students from a particular engineering department were to be given a FIRST CLASS grade. The department disapproved it. The simple reason was that there has never been a first class in that department. These boys went to court. It took the High Court to rule in favor of the student that they be given the first class before they were given.

Now they had money to go to court abi, what of those who did not have money to go to court. They will leave with 2.1 and be faced with this kind of limitation. My brothers, I believe that those who even decided to the criteria for this recruitment did not make a first class. So as I said before, Let us look at all sides of this story. There are better ways of testing intelligence. Examination has never been the true test of knowledge. Be that as it may. The decision as to who they will take is theirs.

Solomon1king, thanks for your post, I'll like to let you know that I am not in pains at all. I am just airing my view. I am not a victim either. My certificate is not for restricted to any one company. If Dangote no take me, took bad. THEY JUST LOST AN ASSET IN ME. Other companies are there.

If you can't apply for this, i think you can apply for management trainee dat requires other grade also. Guys be wise.

I dont care if they need 1/2 class, i am applying for this job.......nonsense pple. there is no harm in trial

Half class abi, Maybe First class UPPER... I laugh again

If our own indigenious firms can go this mile what do we expect others to do and they say things will get better with the promotion of local content. Naija we hail thee!!!
    Keep Moving.

In the field of engineering ,we can't count up to one thousand Graduats having FIRST CLASS throughout the federation in every section. The management of Dangotecement should therefore answer whether he/she has second class upper for his/her first degree let alone first class. In my school,we were 137 students in d dept of Mechanical and only 22 graduated with 2:1 . NO single FIRST CLASS. Are you saying dat those guys shouldn't get a job?

Wonder y u guys are all disturbing urself with this Dangote of a thing. Dangote does not pay it trainees for this trainee program more than 25K except it has changed. the only tin u gain is that u have free accommodation.

Quote Originally Posted by naijahotjobs1111 View Post
    Wonder y u guys are all disturbing urself with this Dangote of a thing. Dangote does not pay it trainees for this trainee program more than 25K except it has changed. the only tin u gain is that u have free accommodation.
    no bro, the ones recently employed are collecting 80k with free accomodation though they wer required to sign 2 year bond.

I just hope they are true to this recruitment. The level of unemployment in the country is alarming.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast