Transocean is the world's largest offshore drilling contractor, provides the most versatile fleet of mobile offshore drilling units to help clients find and develop oil and natural gas reserves. Building on more than 50 years of experience with the highest specification rigs, our approximately 18,000 employees are focused on safety and premier offshore drilling performance.

We are currently recruiting for the position of:

Job Title: Chief Engineer - Nigeria Nationals

Job ID: 2000811
Job Location: Lagos

Job Description
Reporting to:

• Reports to the Offshore Installation Manager (OIM), Maintenance Supervisor, or Senior Maintenance Supervisor.

Supervision:

• Supervises the Mechanical Supervisor, First Engineer, Electrical Supervisor, Chief Electrician, Electronics Supervisor, Chief Electronics Technician, Information Technology Supervisor, and Subsea Supervisors

Basic Function

• Responsible for the installation, maintenance and repair of all electrical equipment onboard the rig

Duties and Responsibilities

Operations/Maintenance:

Authority I

• Ensure that all subordinates have the necessary skills and experience to fulfill their assigned tasks in a safe and efficient manner.

Authority II

• Maintain control over the rig’s Rig Maintenance System (RMS) and associated computer database.

Authority I

• Plan the service and maintenance of equipment according to the RMS guidelines.

Authority I

• Ensure that reports for repair and maintenance of equipment are accurate and complete .

Authority I

• Carry out classification society surveys as part of continuous survey of machinery .

Authority II

• Liaise with the marine department regarding the loading, ordering and use of fuel, potable water, and drill water in consideration of the rig's stability.

Authority I

• Ensure that the permit to work and isolation systems are strictly adhered to in the maintenance department.

Authority II

• Coordinate maintenance activities with the OIM and other department heads.
  • Inform the OIM and other department heads of any technical problems or limitations that might affect the safe operation of the rig.

Authority I

• Maintain an adequate supply of spares in order to fulfill maintenance requirements and facilitate a safe and efficient operation.

Authority I

• Supply information for maintenance and repair budget.

Authority II

• Maintain proper communication with shore based Field Support group and rig management.

Authority II

• Liaise with the OIM to ensure that all third party equipment is fit for purpose, certified, correctly installed, and maintained while on the rig.

Authority II

• Implement the follow-up requirements to audits, as issued by Clients, Regulatory Authorities or rig management,

Authority I

• Approve maintenance department requisition purchase orders.

Authority II

• Supply rig management with maintenance statistics of the vessel.

Authority II

• Recommend ways of making improvements to the inventory kept on the rig.

Authority II

• Document any and all changes to the RMS system and provide reasons for making these changes to Rig Manager via direct supervisor.

Authority I

• Provide input in the Survey of the vessel and ways to reduce the out-of-service time of the vessel

Authority I

• Exercise fiscal responsibility with regard to maintenance budget

Authority II

• Train personnel on the use of the RMS system to reduce error in the system

Authority II

• Communicate equipment problems or breakdown information via direct supervisor to Field Support Group

Requirements

• High school diploma or equivalent. Work experience and demonstrated ability of oral and written communications may be substituted in lieu of formal education.
  • Valid unlimited Chief Engineer License (Class 1 Motor above 3000kW)
  • Valid medical examination and vaccination certificates.
  • Knowledge of all technical calculations required for the safe operation of the drilling unit and basic computer skills

Mode of Application: Click here to apply online

Closing Date: 30th May, 2014.