Transocean is the world's largest offshore drilling contractor, provides the most versatile fleet of mobile offshore drilling units to help clients find and develop oil and natural gas reserves. Building on more than 50 years of experience with the highest specification rigs, our approximately 18,000 employees are focused on safety and premier offshore drilling performance.

We are currently recruiting for the position of:

Job Title: OIM Offshore Inst Mgr - Nigeria Nationals

Job ID: 2000815
Job Location: Lagos
Reporting to: Rig Manager

Job Description
Supervision:

• Supervises the Senior Toolpusher/Toolpusher, Master/Barge Supervisor, and Maintenance Supervisor/Chief Engineer.

Basic Function

• Manage the manpower and resources of the rig to achieve optimum performance so as to ensure the well program is carried out in a safe, efficient and productive manner.
  • Promote and ensure that all Company Policies and Procedures are communicated and understood by personnel on the rig.

Duties and Responsibilities

Operations/Maintenance:

Authority I

• Manage the planning and efficient execution of the drilling program in coordination with Client Representative and rig department heads.

Authority I

• Hold daily operations meeting with Client Representative and rig department heads.

Authority I

• Ensure pre-job meeting is carried out for hazardous situations and non-routine operations.

Authority I

• Ensure that reports for repair and maintenance of equipment are accurate and complete .

Authority I

• Monitor all onboard equipment and systems usage, supervise testing and inspection of critical equipment and systems, and ensure operational parameters and limits are observed.

Authority I

• Monitor the application of the Company Preventative Maintenance System program. Ensures equipment and systems are operational by setting priorities on equipment repairs.

Authority I

• Organize and supervise the activities of drilling, marine and maintenance departments and ensure rig specific procedures are understood and observed by all personnel onboard.

Authority I

• Responsible, along with Client Representative, for all third party services on the rig.

Authority I

• Promote and maintain a good working relationship with Client Representatives, department heads, and third party personnel.

Authority I

• Ensures rig complies with Flag State and certifying Regulatory Bodies requirements.

Authority II

• Maintain proper communication with shore based Field Support group and rig management.

Authority I

• Maintain daily communication with the Rig Manager on all relevant activities regarding the rig's operation and needs.

Authority II

• Plan operations with the Marine department as related to rig moves, mooring, station keeping and stability. Ensure guidelines of the rig's Marine Operations Manual are understood and followed.

Authority II

• Supervise and perform jacking operations for jack-up drilling units.

Authority I

• Promote and maintain effective working relationship with other departments, third party personnel and Client Representatives.

Requirements

• Valid OIM Licence.
  • University Degree or Equivalent.
  • Work experience and demonstrated ability of oral and written communications may be substituted in lieu of formal education.
  • Valid medical examination and vaccination certificates.

Mode of Application: Click here to apply online

Closing Date: 30th May, 2014.