Transocean is the world's largest offshore drilling contractor, provides the most versatile fleet of mobile offshore drilling units to help clients find and develop oil and natural gas reserves. Building on more than 50 years of experience with the highest specification rigs, our approximately 18,000 employees are focused on safety and premier offshore drilling performance.

We are currently recruiting for the position of:

Job Title: Chief Electrician - Nigeria Nationals

Job ID: 2000808
Job Location: Lagos

Job Description
Maintenance Department - Chief Electrician Reporting:

• Reports to the Electrical Supervisor or Maintenance Supervisor/Chief Engineer

Supervision:

• Supervises the Electrician

Key Function

• Responsible for the installation, maintenance and repair of all electrical equipment onboard the rig

Duties and Responsibilities

Operations/Maintenance:

Authority I

• Ensure daily inspections and maintenance on electrical equipment are carried out.

Authority I

• Ensure that the permit to work system is in place and followed.

Authority I

• Participate in the effective management of the Rig Maintenance System (RMS) and Inventory Control System (ICS) - ensure all records are maintained on a timely basis.

Authority I

• Carry out periodic maintenance according to the RMS guidelines and coordinate same with supervisor and other department heads.

Authority II

• Operate, maintain and repair power generation and distribution equipment, i.e. generators and engine controls, SCRs, switchgears, transformers, etc.

Authority I

• Maintenance and repair general rig equipment such as HVAC system, refrigeration plants, power and communication systems, lighting, etc.

Authority II

• Carry out maintenance and repair on electrical components of drilling equipment, i.e. Driller's console, DC drilling motors and auxiliaries, Top Drive System, drawworks, mud pumps, etc.

Authority II

• Carry out maintenance and repair on electrical components of marine equipment, i.e. thruster motors and auxiliaries, ballast pumps, control panels, cranes, etc.

Authority I

• Perform and interpret power calculations, power factor, insulation tests, and positive relay tests as require.

Authority I

• Study and understand electrical schematics and logic diagrams as required

Authority II

• Gather data from instruments, interpret past and present performance to understand trends and ensure problems are solve.

Authority I

• Maintain an adequate supply of spares in order to fulfill maintenance requirements and facilitate a safe and efficient operation - generate requisitions as required

Authority I

• Inform supervisor and other department heads of any technical problems or limitations that may affect the safe operation of the rig.

Authority II

• Implement the outstanding recommendations from audits, as issued by Clients, Regulatory Authorities or rig management

Authority I

• Ensure that reports for repair and maintenance of equipment are accurate and complete

Authority II

• Assist in supplying information for maintenance and repair budget.

Authority II

• Communicate equipment problems or breakdown information via direct supervisor to Technical Field Support

Requirements

• Electrical Engineering degree or High school diploma.
  • Work experience and demonstrated ability of oral and written communications may be substituted in lieu of formal education
  • Valid medical examination and vaccination certificates
  • Knowledge of all technical calculations required for electrical operation of the drilling unit and basic computer skills

Mode of Application: Click here to apply online

Closing Date: 30th May, 2014.