+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 33 of 59 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
Like Tree133Likes

Topic: Chevron Nigeria Ltd: Grads & Experienced

Re: Chevron Nigeria Ltd: Grads & Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by Triple-C View Post
    I dunno if its a glitch or a philosophy or if Dragnet is right/wrong...but I remember my very first Dragnet test, the guy in the hall kept stressing, "DO NOT SUBMIT THE SESSION EVEN WHEN YOU HAVE FINISHED, ALLOW IT TO AUTO-SUBMIT" I don't know how correct that is or if it a system glitch, and if yes it is...I also dunno if it has been corrected. However every single dragnet exam I have written after listening to him stress that point, I always "sat-out the time" for any session I manage to finish ahead of time.

I am aware some other testing bodies grade how much time you have left after you have submitted a session, and if one waits for it to auto submit the fellow losses the "mark" if any for submitting before time elapsed. Another fellow may come with another position that he has always submitted ahead of time and always makes it through, so I dont really understand this part of Dragnet grading system, but the one I do understand is that Dragnet grades all three sessions and uses what ever statistical tool available to them to normalise the score of each session, with each session equally weighted. Thus one has to have a good grade for all three (verbal, numerical and spatial) irrespective of where our strength lie, as I for one tend to prefer numerical to the other two, with verbal down the pecking order.

I have heard a few people say they finished dragnet numerical only to go back before the time elapsed to discover that all the answers they clicked had been wiped out as the system had no record of them, so within that 3 - 5 mins left they re-click the answers they had already solved for, others didnt even have the time to re-click these (who knows if it has happened also happened to any of the other two sessions where the time is never sufficient). Upon complaining to Dragnet officials after the test, they were assured that the system captured their answers...but alas the system did not as the invites for the next stage of that particular process showed...and this did not in any way mean that those who were invited were better of, or prepared more, as some of the other guys are first class grads from diff schools/courses in and out of Naija. just that these anomalies are beyond us and could have happened to anyone.

There are a lot of permutation and combination, arguments and counter-arguments to Dragnet's test and most especially grading and normalising pattern, some of which are still unclear as at now, unlike SHL and Kenexa which we kinda understand a little about their grading and normalising system. Norm scores I understand are based on the number of people a person out performed for that particular exam, so a norm of 89% means the candidate performed better than 89% of those who wrote and not that he had a score of 89%. But again we understand that we as individuals have high and lows, good and not so good days...as a popular axiom says that exams/tests are not the true test of knowledge.

I recall last year during ESSO PG Scholarship, I met someone who made it tru to d next stage (and eventually got the award), and he told me he only answered 10 questions in verbal, and yet he made it tru to the next...upon inquiring further he obviously did better in the other two sessions based on the number of questions answered. It may still follow given that the average I have heard people do in Dragnet verbal is 14-16 questions (and one has to be sure of both answers to claim the point for a question), 10 doesnt seem far away (as at last year's standards oh!!! looool, I dont know of this year).

Considering that only 26 people (out of God-knows-how many that wrote that test) made it tru to the interview stages for ESSO PG, then the performane in the three sections have to be considered together but yet distinctively. I have never received the score of any dragnet test I have written, however those who have received will agree with me that Dragnet reports scores per session independently.

I am not drawing any conclusion, nor inferring anything I am only dropping a line of observation after meeting with Dragnet on test basis a few times and alo meeting other "Dragnetees" on NHJ. I think we can choose what works for us at times like these, and hope it works on that day!

You may observe I ommitted the prayer, favour and faith thingy out of these, it was deliberate, this is so we can have more notes and observations dropped in without too much of the spiritual...though that side is a major, but I think it is talk for another day, as it doesn't seem to have a hard or fast rule.

One love peeps, we will keep doing it till we get it right this year
    Boss, loooooolllllll at 'Dragnetees' (y)

@ Triple C, i sent u a PM pls advise me oh.....

Quote Originally Posted by dynamo1 View Post
    @Edgar, what you've said has a lot of truth in it, but some are not absolutely correct. As at last year's recruitment for the same position, I know of 3 people who not only have non-petroleum engineering 1st degree but also have no 2nd degree. As I already mentioned earlier in this thread, the test covers a wide range of subject matter (pet eng, chem/process eng, mech eng, and basic physics). This (IMHO) was the reason why a lot of pet eng graduates (even postgraduates) did not pass. So if you do not have a pet eng degree, you are not totally disadvantaged. All you need to do to increase your chance is work on the areas @Edgar has mentioned.
    The denominator here is GOOD PREPARATION. Last year there were two categories: Petroleum and Petroleum (Drilling), I meant just petroleum

Quote Originally Posted by EdgarG View Post
    Petroleum Engr and Earth Scientist, As you guys have one week to your test. I wish you the best.

For Petroleum Engr position: I hope you guys are preparing hard, especially the non-petroleum engineers. I have a truth to help you prepare even harder, in the last year PE recruitment, I don't think any non-petroleum engineer made it past the skills test. Please, get a basic petroleum engr'g book, study it well and understand the application of basic formulas (the formulars will be given to you). It's not for you to read the books line by line, just pick basic things like the oil and gas in place (the 7758Ah thing, 43560Ah thing, Boi), know the API gravity (131.5 thing), understand fully the Material balance application (I can bet my certificate on that one coming out for you), how to eliminate some terms from the long complete formular, voidage replacement by ware injection, gas injection, production data, gas-oil-ratio (GOR), solution gas forming gas cap, etc. In drilling engr'g, understand pressure gradients, hydrostatic head, mud weight (the 0.052 thing), perhaps the equivalent circulation density. Porosity, permeability, fluid saturation, viscosity, formation volume factor, bubble point pressure, compressibility, gas deviation factor (Z), etc should be like food for you before that day. MAINLY CALCULATIONS O!

In addition, there should be questions in maths, process, mechanics, engines, and other typical engineering questions. Plus (perhaps) two bonus questions, but most guys don't even have time to get to those bonus shaa. All the best, and pls don't go there with the idea that "they should know you didn't study petroleum", na o.y.o be dat.

Thanks dear for d info. But i will like u to also give me a detailed info concerning d skill test for Process Engineer (graduate trainee) i.e if u know shaa. I applied for it and am expectant. thanks and God bless u.......

This has been an interesting read. First things first, congrats to all who made it to the skills test. To those who didn't make it, don't be discouraged, keep preparing and your time to shine will surely come. Passing dragnet has a lot to do with preparation and experience. If you were not contacted, it doesn't mean you are not good, it just means you are competing with the best brains in Nigeria and you've got to step up your game. To clear the air, most times oil companies (Mobil, chevron, total, shell, etc) don't compromise on the quality of people they employ. They compete against each other and therefore want to have the best brains working for them. I have my sources, so please believe me. Anyone telling you it's "man no man" is telling you lies from the pit of hell and is trying to rob you of your destiny.

For the ones writing the skills test, follow to the letter all the instruction guys like EdgarG and triple C have laid down. It's beyond your preparations after you pass the skills test. Just pray harder from now on.

@gzl: Blake of NHJ. I HAIL OOOOOOOO.
    @eznira: away runs don over?

Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by piitaub View Post
    for those invited for the skill test, congrats and if u need reading materials to prepare, i could send you the material i have for the Mobil skill test.....i am sure they could be similar..............jst drop ur mail adds (personal msg).......wud get back to u asap
    plz send (Electrical/Electronics) to [email protected]

Thanks and God Bless You!

Hi has any who applied for Facilities Engineer been called for the skilled test? all those asking for skill test materials please reply if you are one.
    Thanks

Hello house. i will appreciate any guide material for the Facilities Eng(Elect/Elect) to prepare for the skill test.

Regards

Hello Guys,

I do know that the facilities engineer job said 0-5 years experience but so far the invites hear seems to be only for the graduate opportunity. Can someone please tell me If chevron has called for the experienced category of the facilities engineer position?

It is NOT TRUE that no non-petroleum engineering graduate in the 2011 recruitment process made it beyond skills test. I know 4 candidates that made it. But you are right in saying you have to have basic reservoir engineering knowledge. Also, you need to know a bit of mechnanics, centre of mass/gravity calculations, friction calculations, rate of change, etc

Chunaf, i sent u a PM, kindly reply as soon as possible pls

Quote Originally Posted by bizelli View Post
    Hello Guys,

I do know that the facilities engineer job said 0-5 years experience but so far the invites hear seems to be only for the graduate opportunity. Can someone please tell me If chevron has called for the experienced category of the facilities engineer position?

Please can someone out there reply me. Thanks.

Guys I need materials O

I have been invited for skills test. for Facilities Engineer

+ Reply
Page 33 of 59 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast