+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 26 of 59 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
Like Tree133Likes

Topic: Chevron Nigeria Ltd: Grads & Experienced

Re: Chevron Nigeria Ltd: Grads & Experienced

d sharp shall inherit d offer letters

@storckTL87 stop being delusional. they have finished with the invites. my take? if u don't score at least 95% in dragnet test. then forget it. now how to make that 95% legally without cheating is a question for the gods. I am sure some of their children can also help. I would advice u start making friends with those that were invited along with their friends.

...because a friend of mine got through to the HR manager and he explicitly stated that they contacted all the successful candidates and that there would be no batch wise or periodic invite.... wetin sure pass na to move on.

I was very vexed initially when Triple-c was just running off on the powerful preparation...mantra. As if we no prepare too. What even ticked me off further was that Dragnet repeated my first Exxon mobil aptitude test to me for this Chevron's so I was pretty sure of doing excellently well. I am sure they had other reasons apart from the Test score in cognizance whilst selecting the candidates for the next phase. But its all good. Everybody wont get all the jobs.

I hope you guys do well sha. As for now, I'd be making investigations as to how a sect of friends got the invite whilst a coterie of other first class guys didnt. That doesnt go without saying that i believe Triple-c fully deserves the inclusion in the shortlist:if for anything his posts here in have been very enlightening and mature.

Quote Originally Posted by Oblongatar View Post
    ...because a friend of mine got through to the HR manager and he explicitly stated that they contacted all the successful candidates and that there would be no batch wise or periodic invite.... wetin sure pass na to move on.

I was very vexed initially when Triple-c was just running off on the powerful preparation...mantra. As if we no prepare too. What even ticked me off further was that Dragnet repeated my first Exxon mobil aptitude test to me for this Chevron's so I was pretty sure of doing excellently well. I am sure they had other reasons apart from the Test score in cognizance whilst selecting the candidates for the next phase. But its all good. Everybody wont get all the jobs.

I hope you guys do well sha. As for now, I'd be making investigations as to how a sect of friends got the invite whilst a coterie of other first class guys didnt. That doesnt go without saying that i believe Triple-c fully deserves the inclusion in the shortlist:if for anything his posts here in have been very enlightening and mature.
    I really think you guys need to stop the castigation because you will only succeed in making people keep quiet. Triple C could have kept quiet without letting anyone know that he succeeded (i'm sure there are other people keeping quiet as well as people who don't even know this site exists). I think he deserves to be commended for even putting out his invite letter so that everyone knows that they've called.
    Yes there are people who may have cheated, but you can't confidently say that everyone that got called cheated. Who knows, maybe you scored 92%. Maybe those selected scored 92.5% meaning they did better than you. Only a few are called for the skills test. I can bet they called less than 100 and will probably select maybe 5 candidates. May even be 2 candidates sef. You have to consider this is just for petroleum engr. They still have other roles for facilites and what have you.

The blame should be on dragnet's lazy . If you are complaining, what is the plight of the North American candidates? Some people flew in from Canada on their own "PAY" to houston to take the test. Thats like some $500 or more wasted. Most of them saw the dragnet questions for the first time and i hardly did anyone finish more than 15 questions in the verbal. Of course, you'd expect people who have been taking several dragnet tests to fare better.

As i said before, it's Chevrons loss because they have lost a number of good potential recruits at this early stage.

Guy, I assure u they used solely only the score from the test. nothing else at this stage. It is very simple to understand. When u are good and were at ur best in a test, u should normally expect between 65-75%. exceptional persons may get more than that. with dragnet tests, there are other factors besides being good and well prepared. If u wrote the test 2-3 times and ur memory is good, u will boost ursef from a 65-75% to around 70-85%. if u are good, well prepared and happen to have expo, u will sky-rocket ursef to 75-95%. the question everyone should ask himsef is what category he belongs to. of course those that are not too good and perhaps have no experience of dragnet at all should consider themselves lucky if they re not blacklisted by chevron (just kidding). It is unfortunate chevron either choose to ignore this fact or isnt aware if it at all. the wise thing to do is choose a lower cut-off and skill-test more no of ppl. However, there is a possibility that more candidates will be invited eventually (if my theory is correct. unless they need a very few no. of grad). I no truly bother mysef cos I'm not invited. I find solace in the fact that I might be dropped in any of the other numerous steps I have to go tru and believe, they are much more fierce than dragnet's bread and beans.
    9jah and EdgarG like this.
    he who leaves everything in God's Hand shall surely see God's Hand in everythin he does

@denass u wicked sha. blacklisted? lmfao..well. naija youths. una too like oyel work. go and start farming joor or business. make our country move forward

Quote Originally Posted by remoranger View Post
    @denass u wicked sha. blacklisted? lmfao..well. naija youths. una too like oyel work. go and start farming joor or business. make our country move forward
    @ Oyel - LMFAO
    But seriously, they can blacklist someone oo..lol. Imagine if you're doing this test for the first time and you get a score of 60-75 which ideally should be an excellent score for a first timer considering the timing is gangster, and they see other scores of 90 and above, them go think say na "guguru and epa you go sell for school na"..lol
    By the way guys, there is no shame in this thing oo. If you didn't make it, it doesn't mean anything. It means you are good but they just chose people who did better than you. it doesn't mean you failed so don't loose confidence.
    denass, Triple-C and Vely like this.

Quote Originally Posted by remoranger View Post
    @storckTL87 stop being delusional. they have finished with the invites. my take? if u don't score at least 95% in dragnet test. then forget it. now how to make that 95% legally without cheating is a question for the gods. I am sure some of their children can also help. I would advice u start making friends with those that were invited along with their friends.
    Delusional? Ok

Quote Originally Posted by 9jah View Post
    I really think you guys need to stop the castigation because you will only succeed in making people keep quiet. Triple C could have kept quiet without letting anyone know that he succeeded (i'm sure there are other people keeping quiet as well as people who don't even know this site exists). I think he deserves to be commended for even putting out his invite letter so that everyone knows that they've called.
    Yes there are people who may have cheated, but you can't confidently say that everyone that got called cheated. Who knows, maybe you scored 92%. Maybe those selected scored 92.5% meaning they did better than you. Only a few are called for the skills test. I can bet they called less than 100 and will probably select maybe 5 candidates. May even be 2 candidates sef. You have to consider this is just for petroleum engr. They still have other roles for facilites and what have you.

The blame should be on dragnet's lazy . If you are complaining, what is the plight of the North American candidates? Some people flew in from Canada on their own "PAY" to houston to take the test. Thats like some $500 or more wasted. Most of them saw the dragnet questions for the first time and i hardly did anyone finish more than 15 questions in the verbal. Of course, you'd expect people who have been taking several dragnet tests to fare better.

As i said before, it's Chevrons loss because they have lost a number of good potential recruits at this early stage.

I read through my post two times just to ensure that I didnt unwittingly make any castigative statement. I do not contend with the fact that the lot that were contacted probably did better than I did. I do not also contend with virtually everything you posted there. When i said "investigations" I just meant trying to understand their technique of passing with such high scores beyond the "I prayed" and "worked hard" part. For example, could it be that if one doesnt submit the section before the time elapses one loses that section? This is an example of a variable I was considering. I read in the Nigerian breweries thread that "workforce" whose operations share some proximity with Dragnet employs this tactics. If that is the issue let one know so that future errors (if need be) would be effaced.

I would like to belabor here that I do believe Triple-C and co made it legitimately. I also commend him for posting a sample of the letter and providing info when asked. Theres no shame in not being shortlisted like you or someone else said "maybe God was saving us from further heartbreak by passing this phase and maybe being dropped in another". I have written one cowbell maths exam were out of like say 5000 students only one person was selected. Even after I bragged that I finished work in the exam and that if anybody was to pass me the person would have to score 100%. looool.

@denass...well said, ur view is on-point.
    denass likes this.

for those invited for the skill test, congrats and if u need reading materials to prepare, i could send you the material i have for the Mobil skill test.....i am sure they could be similar..............jst drop ur mail adds (personal msg).......wud get back to u asap

... When i said "investigations" I just meant trying to understand their technique of passing with such high scores beyond the "I prayed" and "worked hard" part. For example, could it be that if one doesnt submit the section before the time elapses one loses that section? This is an example of a variable I was considering. I read in the Nigerian breweries thread that "workforce" whose operations share some proximity with Dragnet employs this tactics. If that is the issue let one know so that future errors (if need be) would be effaced...

I dunno if its a glitch or a philosophy or if Dragnet is right/wrong...but I remember my very first Dragnet test, the guy in the hall kept stressing, "DO NOT SUBMIT THE SESSION EVEN WHEN YOU HAVE FINISHED, ALLOW IT TO AUTO-SUBMIT" I don't know how correct that is or if it a system glitch, and if yes it is...I also dunno if it has been corrected. However every single dragnet exam I have written after listening to him stress that point, I always "sat-out the time" for any session I manage to finish ahead of time.

I am aware some other testing bodies grade how much time you have left after you have submitted a session, and if one waits for it to auto submit the fellow losses the "mark" if any for submitting before time elapsed. Another fellow may come with another position that he has always submitted ahead of time and always makes it through, so I dont really understand this part of Dragnet grading system, but the one I do understand is that Dragnet grades all three sessions and uses what ever statistical tool available to them to normalise the score of each session, with each session equally weighted. Thus one has to have a good grade for all three (verbal, numerical and spatial) irrespective of where our strength lie, as I for one tend to prefer numerical to the other two, with verbal down the pecking order.

I have heard a few people say they finished dragnet numerical only to go back before the time elapsed to discover that all the answers they clicked had been wiped out as the system had no record of them, so within that 3 - 5 mins left they re-click the answers they had already solved for, others didnt even have the time to re-click these (who knows if it has happened also happened to any of the other two sessions where the time is never sufficient). Upon complaining to Dragnet officials after the test, they were assured that the system captured their answers...but alas the system did not as the invites for the next stage of that particular process showed...and this did not in any way mean that those who were invited were better of, or prepared more, as some of the other guys are first class grads from diff schools/courses in and out of Naija. just that these anomalies are beyond us and could have happened to anyone.

There are a lot of permutation and combination, arguments and counter-arguments to Dragnet's test and most especially grading and normalising pattern, some of which are still unclear as at now, unlike SHL and Kenexa which we kinda understand a little about their grading and normalising system. Norm scores I understand are based on the number of people a person out performed for that particular exam, so a norm of 89% means the candidate performed better than 89% of those who wrote and not that he had a score of 89%. But again we understand that we as individuals have high and lows, good and not so good days...as a popular axiom says that exams/tests are not the true test of knowledge.

I recall last year during ESSO PG Scholarship, I met someone who made it tru to d next stage (and eventually got the award), and he told me he only answered 10 questions in verbal, and yet he made it tru to the next...upon inquiring further he obviously did better in the other two sessions based on the number of questions answered. It may still follow given that the average I have heard people do in Dragnet verbal is 14-16 questions (and one has to be sure of both answers to claim the point for a question), 10 doesnt seem far away (as at last year's standards oh!!! looool, I dont know of this year).

Considering that only 26 people (out of God-knows-how many that wrote that test) made it tru to the interview stages for ESSO PG, then the performane in the three sections have to be considered together but yet distinctively. I have never received the score of any dragnet test I have written, however those who have received will agree with me that Dragnet reports scores per session independently.

I am not drawing any conclusion, nor inferring anything I am only dropping a line of observation after meeting with Dragnet on test basis a few times and alo meeting other "Dragnetees" on NHJ. I think we can choose what works for us at times like these, and hope it works on that day!

You may observe I ommitted the prayer, favour and faith thingy out of these, it was deliberate, this is so we can have more notes and observations dropped in without too much of the spiritual...though that side is a major, but I think it is talk for another day, as it doesn't seem to have a hard or fast rule.

One love peeps, we will keep doing it till we get it right this year
    Nevel and iamtheprincipal like this.

Triple-C, you have been immensely generous with info & in-depth analysis (solicited & unsolicited). I wish you success in leaps and bounds.

The God of Isaac shall see you duly rewarded. One luv bro!

+ Reply
Page 26 of 59 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast