+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 25 of 59 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
Like Tree133Likes

Topic: Chevron Nigeria Ltd: Grads & Experienced

Re: Chevron Nigeria Ltd: Grads & Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by juan mata View Post
    @ Tripce C, No be only you Prepare for this test abeg, no just the talk like say na your Preparation make them invite you for the skill test, just go write you test without making those that did not make it feel bad joh as see na by preparation.

Quote Originally Posted by Triple-C View Post
    Bros dem (@Kwenby et al), abeg oh! me na just another guy in the b lock, nothing special abeg, just human depending on the Almighty for his enablement and power for "by strength shall no man prevail".

.... so the conclusion of the matter is that God brought the increase...but in this case it came by grace oh! looool

Many of us have been sowing good seeds of hard and sincere labours, the gestation period of these seed differ, yours may be that of an elephant (or a Cedar/iroko) for e.g, and some others theirs that of a goat (or maize/mellon)...the difference is very clear when eventually the harvest is delivered.

Your harvest may not have come now, keep on keeping on, never stop preparing yourself, for in due time the harvest will come bountifully.

One love peeps...and please it is all about GOD alone

my brother ou are very correct oh! please pardon my write up if it in any way suggests that I am the most prepared...I did not want to insinuate this in any way. Please i am sorry if it came off that way.

The places I highlighted actually showed that in no way is it my own making, and I stressed that God who brings this increase choses the time and size for all of us, so please for those who were not invited for skills test, please keep on keeping on, your harvest may be bigger than this...and mind you this is just skills test, there is certainly one more stage after this one, so it is not even the end of the process for those who made it past stage one.

Once again, I am not in any way saying I am d most prepared, please pardon me if it came off that way, it is d grace of God and I did my best to point that out.

thanks for accepting my apology.
    iluobe_bo and 9jah like this.

Those that did not make it shouldn't feel bad. They probably chose the best candidates from the results. Not too sure they needed that many people anyway. My guess is that the number of people called for the skills test is probably less than 100. They probably need a max of 5 people for the job anyway. Also, i don't think they considered centers at all. That's probably why the UK guys initially got the email scheduling them for Lekki. I think it's their loss sha. Enough experienced guys wey write test for yankee na. Abi chevron dey talk say yankee guys no get brain ni...lol

@ Tripce C, No be only you Prepare for this test abeg, no just the talk like say na your Preparation make them invite you for the skill test, just go write you test without making those that did not make it feel bad joh as see na by preparation.
    Guy, i feel and SEE your pain..lol. You know see as i dey use style talk say "abi yankee guys no sabi book ni" cos i expected to be called oo but apparently i be first class OLODO...LMFAO.

my brother ou are very correct oh! please pardon my write up if it in any way suggests that I am the most prepared...I did not want to insinuate this in any way. Please i am sorry if it came off that way.

The places I highlighted actually showed that in no way is it my own making, and I stressed that God who brings this increase choses the time and size for all of us, so please for those who were not invited for skills test, please keep on keeping on, your harvest may be bigger than this...and mind you this is just skills test, there is certainly one more stage after this one, so it is not even the end of the process for those who made it past stage one.

Once again, I am not in any way saying I am d most prepared, please pardon me if it came off that way, it is d grace of God and I did my best to point that out.

thanks for accepting my apology.
    No point apologising my guy, is no easy progressing to next stage in a test written by those adjoured Best in nigeria and Beyond, i just want to let u know that there were somemany peeps who prepare well yet did not make, i too made to the next stage, but i just want us to still be focus on the skill test instead of making others feel bad, my frnd who did not make it prepare more than i do and he even have a first class with an Msc, so you can imagine. wish you all the best in the skill test

@Tripple C, go write your skill test and no make boys vex oh!!! Lol . Everyone prepared as you did and there is no way you will prove that you prepared more than them. People were favoured somehow to scale to the next stage and others will receive themsame favour in other recruitment process according to the way God wants it.So getting to next stage is not only determined by the level which someone prepares. Goodluck to everyone.
    Triple-C likes this.

No point apologising my guy, is no easy progressing to next stage in a test written by those adjoured Best in nigeria and Beyond, i just want to let u know that there were somemany peeps who prepare well yet did not make, i too made to the next stage, but i just want us to still be focus on the skill test instead of making others feel bad, my frnd who did not make it prepare more than i do and he even have a first class with an Msc, so you can imagine. wish you all the best in the skill test
    Thanks bro, you sure are very correct, I hope spirits have been lifted cos that is the essence of this site and not to downcast anyone..once again, thanks bruv...wish u d very best in d next stages

@All... in any way my post may have made u feel bad, discouraged or even to doubt God's abilities to see us tru all of this naija job stress...pls pardon a brothers flaw (it was a sincere mistake please, never meant it in that light, this goes on to show that we need each other to survive, I may not have seen the other perspective to this post had Juan Mata not pointed it out...I owe a lot to him)

thanks all, and lets keep on keeping on!

@ALL...please pardon an errant brother, I never intended to hurt, but alas that is what I seem to have done, please I am very sorry.

Thanks bro, you sure are very correct, I hope spirits have been lifted cos that is the essence of this site and not to downcast anyone..once again, thanks bruv...wish u d very best in d next stages

@All... in any way my post may have made u feel bad, discouraged or even to doubt God's abilities to see us tru all of this naija job stress...pls pardon a brothers flaw (it was a sincere mistake please, never meant it in that light, this goes on to show that we need each other to survive, I may not have seen the other perspective to this post had Juan Mata not pointed it out...I owe a lot to him)

thanks all, and lets keep on keeping on!
    My guy no worry your self. If there's anyone out there that can't handle dissappoint at this stage, they're in for a big shock. The industry itself will pose a lot of challenges and dissapointments when you get in so there is no need for anyone to be bitter. Guy hope say u don sabi fvf "kakaraka".. Your API to S.G should be on point. OOIP and all. Since this is a pet engr position. I expect the bulk of it to be focused on basic reservoir and production. PVT analysis and so on. Make sure you sabi your bubble point pressure interpretations and lastly your basic chemical/mechanical college material balances and fluids..
    Triple-C likes this.

ol boy excuse my "ibon" with "dissappoint" above.......chei... Maybe thats why i didn't pass the verbal sef......LMFAO

Quote Originally Posted by 9jah View Post
    ... Guy hope say u don sabi fvf "kakaraka".. Your API to S.G should be on point. OOIP and all. Since this is a pet engr position. I expect the bulk of it to be focused on basic reservoir and production. PVT analysis and so on. Make sure you sabi your bubble point pressure interpretations and lastly your basic chemical/mechanical college material balances and fluids..
    brother thanks for sharing, I guess its time to get this thread back on track, I have caused enuf strain for all...what to expect as some of us do not have petroleum engrg background

Someone recommended L.P.Dake, but that book is big and narrowing it down to some specifics seems to be a herculean task...please can you recommend any other easier to assimilate pet/res eng book for non-pet engrs?

much appreciated bruv, thanks

brother thanks for sharing, I guess its time to get this thread back on track, I have caused enuf strain for all...what to expect as some of us do not have petroleum engrg background

Someone recommended L.P.Dake, but that book is big and narrowing it down to some specifics seems to be a herculean task...please can you recommend any other easier to assimilate pet/res eng book for non-pet engrs?

OOPs, i assumed you were Pet for some reason. Most of the books i used in school are pretty lengthy too and almost similar to Drake. I think what you really need to do is focus on the most important aspects. You should be able to calculate OOIP (original oil in place). You should know what formation volume factor (fvf) is and how to calc. You should be able to determine whether you have oil/gas reservoir based on the parameters above and the pressure anaylsis. You should know gas oil ratio. etc. I have an ebook but its like 40mb. I don't know what your connection is like over there. PM and i'll see if i can send it to you or something
    Triple-C likes this.

You can just seach for things like petroleum engineering Handbook, Important Calculations in Petroleum Engineering, Common terms in Petroleum Engineering. I think these will help a bit. I dont think you need a text book at this stage.

Also, if you know of anyone in Chevron, you ask the person to help you get Petroleum Engineering Department Procedure (or something like that) from Chevron.

Goodluk, as we await our own result - Facilities Engineer!
    Triple-C likes this.

Why is everyone under the impression that Chevron is done with the skills test invites for Earth Scientists / Petroleum Engineers?
    Triple-C likes this.

+ Reply
Page 25 of 59 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast