+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Topic: Chevron invitation Protest

Re: Chevron invitation Protest

My learned friends.. it is pertinent to draw your inferences from a broader perspective before you give your misguided verdict and cruxify the multinationals. BLAME the government. A company is not a school that admit en mass.. but employment in based on "as need arise" basis... just to break it down and save you the grammar..... please UNDERSTAND that (1) GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS have "employment quota" from all multinationals in Nigeria.... (2) Exploration and field development is at its low (3) Community and indeginous considerations play a part... (4) GOVERNMENT NO SEND YOU!

Now, when MOBIL has some vacant positions for 3 graduate engineers... and they put an advert (transparency policy) and SENATOR obama bin Ladin has a slot as per lobbying levels... his son is a graduate from Stanford UNI and an MSC holder from MIT my dear brothers ..wetin go be the fate of common Nigerians from Nigerian Universities, Polytechnics and colleges of education?.. the point is that we don't run a labour policy in Nigeria ... go to Libya and see things for yourselves.. you'll weep. I've gone around and seen it all... Blame our Govt and PUT YOUR TRUST IN GOD!!!... ITS WELL

Quote Originally Posted by orbaxy
    My learned friends.. it is pertinent to draw your inferences from a broader perspective before you give your misguided verdict and cruxify the multinationals. BLAME the government. A company is not a school that admit en mass.. but employment in based on "as need arise" basis... just to break it down and save you the grammar..... please UNDERSTAND that (1) GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS have "employment quota" from all multinationals in Nigeria.... (2) Exploration and field development is at its low (3) Community and indeginous considerations play a part... (4) GOVERNMENT NO SEND YOU!

Now, when MOBIL has some vacant positions for 3 graduate engineers... and they put an advert (transparency policy) and SENATOR obama bin Ladin has a slot as per lobbying levels... his son is a graduate from Stanford UNI and an MSC holder from MIT my dear brothers ..watin go be the fate of common Nigerians from Nigerian Universities, Polytechnics and Colleges of education?.. the point is that we don't run a labour policy in Nigeria ... go to Libya and see things for yourselves.. you'll weep. I've gone around and seen it all... Blame our Govt and PUT YOUR TRUST IN GOD!!!... ITS WELL
    you are better of as a Minister of information with this your fluid statement.
    the issue here is not about uniport or havard, we are talking about deceiving people by bringing out multiple adverts @ least 3 times every year and ending up doing nothing transparent. Are they the only oil companies we have- they Addax and Agip are big time culprits - no transparency at all. I think the time to scream out has come. I suggest we do multiple petitions to the office of President GJ, and follow it up with facebook petitions. If you are with me say aye!

@ORBAXY : Oh boy u don finnish work!!! U've said it all!!!! lol U are really informed! i dont bother applyin for those scam jobs, all i seek is the connection itself through GOD!!

The truth of the matter is that for some years now Chevron has not been recruiting as they use to do before. I remember those days when they use to advertise in the national dailies like PUNCH, THISDAY, GUARDIAN et al. And they call people within a short space of time. Really I don't understand them these days.
    What I want you guys to bear in mind is that none of us should be discouraged. GOD can actually help anyone to succeed. Every year it gets worse. But we can actually succeed by God's grace.
    TRUST IN JEHOVAH THE GIVER OF EVERY GOOD GIFT AND PERFECT PRESENT.HE IS SURELY THERE FOR YOU

@Bordeaux, please don't be naive. In what contest where you deceived? can you prove that no recruitment exercise actually took place? you don't just put a petition without substance. just keep sending your CV, one day, favour will smile on you. Save Mr President your petition, if you feel you have a case, take it to the ministry of Labour.... They'll definitely give you a visitors form to fill and munch on doughnuts... lol

is good we make our grievances known to the goverment at centre. In my opinion we can channel through mr P resident on facebook. many times he has answered questions raised by nigerian youth on fb.also the issue of casualisation should be permanently dealt with enough is enough. thank you fellow naija.

I know for a fact that they actually recruit just that they do not invite so many people. There was one position they recruited for in early 2009 which was for an audit officer. They called for test maybe we were about 200 and a lot of them were from the big 4 auditing firms. Then for the interview, they were just 7 people shortlisted for the interview and then they only recruited one. The guy was from my office and i know the guy is an orphan as his dad just died the year b4 so i doubt it would av been the influence of his folks. He is actually very intelligent so i believe that it was free and fair.
    God is good

It is been said that 'the voice of the people is the voice of God'.
    My brothers... @Chiefjoe, Orbaxy, Bordeaux, Maxweber, Kunle4u, Zinwa etc ...you guys have spoken sensibly.
    To conclude, may i draw your attention to my summary below:

CRUX: Apparently, our voice is loud enough to be heard but the 'folks' in charge are not listening and won't ever listen.
    CONCERN: Who are these 'folks' and how do we - either as individuals or group - make them listen?

...pls ponder and act responsibly at your discretion! PEACE.

Nigeria is an abnormal country to be frank with all where almost everythings are done abnormally. For those who want to protest, where will they protest to? To National assembly, Presidency or Ministry of Labour and productivity. Don't be deceive as nothing will come out of it.

Just keep on applying as one day luck will shine on you. this is because if 10 people are to be employed and 9 are taken through the backdoor process, you may be the last person to be employed on merit.

cheer up and don't be discourage.
    Have you consider inviting Jesus to your life today?

@ St George, Let me give you some hit about a lot of this oil companies. Do you know that most people that pass a test are people who are already working with oil company but they just want a move for personal reasons. They are the ones that makes it look like the companies are not doing anything. Another thing is that our Graduates need to develop themselves, do you ask yourself why is it that Nigerian Graduates go thro a lot of training b4 starting the real job. I once met with a 1st class Graduate, who can not write a formal letter and he will say he is a Graduate!!!!

for the requested addy go to:

www.machine-gun.com

then proceed to 2 chevron drive, lekki.

The following monday morning you shall surely be reporting for duty with immediate effect!

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12