+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Chevron invitation Protest

Chevron invitation Protest

House,
    Am of the opinion that we should formally report Chevron Nigeria Limited to Federal Government of Nigeria for playing with Nigerian employed youths that after advertising for jobs and all of us we make every effort and do the application,we will not hear from them again.Check from the jobs they advertised last year,this year march and the one that just ended.Does it mean that they have taking their people and then go to publish the job advert to fulfill the process? ot that their HR guys are not capable and confused?Who knows the email one can use to make this complain to FG or the ministry of Petroleum and the ministry of labour and Productivity.Enough is enough for Chevron,they have taking us for granted so much or the prefer our brothers remaining in the creek when Federal Govt has already giving Amnesty?

Re: Chevron invitation Protest

guy cool down.....

I support Chiefjoe. My bruv you have a point! Besides, not just Chevron but also Addax. I suggest we make inquiries about how to bring these clowns to book. We Nigerian educated youths need to protect our image this time!

Dont mind the companies. They recruit at the backdoor and advertise based on the qualification of their new employee.

That was what happened to the two companies. The info is from an impeccable source.

the only thing I can say for now is,
    I am not sure if any action has been taken concerning the last EGTL application we sent around March ending this year 2010.

Communities are mounting serious pressure to be fully involve with operations and they have overwhelming numbers of qualified graduates. this can even affect the resent applications we sent

The truth of the matter is that most of these AD are internal ADs and they make us believe that they are external.

Is a good idea but to what end? What use is it? Is it not the same Government who created this situation.
    I am a slow walker but I never walk backwards.

@ chiefjoe, I strongly share your view, is so sad that a company like Chevron would advertise and after receiving application, nobody would hear from them. I must confess, I have been following Chevron advert in Nigeria for close to 2years, they have been following a status quo of advertising without inviting people openly. To me I have concluded that Chevron advertised for formality sake.

Is such a shame that Nigeria is a country where Chevron can do what they like, and our leaders are not helping matters. In UK Chevron have a Graduate development programme for facilities design engineers, where they recruit fresh engineering graduate from all engineering discipline and train them. My candid advice to every job seekers in the house is, take heart, beleive in God, keep applying and preparing. One day Almighty God will surely wipe our tears.

Mine is just to adumbrate.
    You see, when we say Chevron or Addax we refer to those misguided individuals/employees with an original mandate to recruit - transparently - the Nigerian youths like them, if not more educated. Sad enough, they (misguided individuals/employees) think crumbs accrued through their unwholesome practices pose them in a better stead than what any reputable and integrity-driven practice could do for them. In amusement i say 'it is unfortunate'; because at that point they had kissed their genuine pride goodbye!
    Supporting Alleluya: If you're seeking employment i suggest you don't relent and be diligent in what you seek (with sincerity of purpose). Above all, make God your arrow head.
    Brothers and sisters success is ours, in Jesus Name! Amen!!!

I do understand your views but we should all understand something, when a company places Ad for a position that they need just a person for and over 100,000 people apply.... How do you start to break it down to just 5 people E.g Chevron Ad on Technical Assistant since April or so, they needed just 3 people but they got over 190,000 applications.......

@pope5656... My broda your point is spot-on but let me enlighten.
    Conversely, recruitment for these same Oil companies in America, Canada, Norway and UK has risen as a strategic measure to consider opportunities for people in their operational environment - the unemployed educated Nigerian youths in our case - which makes them have annual Graduate recruitment as part of their operational policy (nothing less than 15 openings). I think, for instance, a response of over 150,000 thousand for the last Chevron few openings must have been expected, especially in an environment with an alarming unemployment record.
    Then one question emerges: Why create a job opening for just 3 people?

Having read this, maybe you should read again my previous comment.

@All-We all have very good tots & opinions but i beleive Mr. president wld b very much interested on dis subject matter

Thanks 2face book, we can now talk to Mr. President directly. I've seen him address so many issues like dis via facebook

Dnt mine them,they are advitising the company

+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast