+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: CHEVRON INVITATION:CAN THIS BE SCAM?

CHEVRON INVITATION:CAN THIS BE SCAM?

I received a message supposedly from Taraba state government, where i served about 3 years ago, stating that in line with their promise to help corpers that served in their state, i should send my CV to [email protected]. I did that and a response came that i have been invited for an oral interview on Tuesday at Chevron office Portharcourt-Trans Amadi Industriak Layout (Admin Hall). They stated that the interview is in various destinations but mine is PH and i am in Lagos. They further stated that i should come with 4 passport photos and application letter addressed to the Human Resources department, Chevron Nigerian Plc. Please is any body aware of such recruitment? is it real or scam, pls?
    N

Re: CHEVRON INVITATION:CAN THIS BE SCAM?

why should Taraba state government be more concerned about a foreigner when it's indigenes are without jobs? i can't call this a scam though.

, use ur head (1). The email address u sent ur cv too look suspicious,a reputable company like that wil nt use such.(2) the other young man ve said it,they ve nt sort out that of their own people and the are interested in 3yr ago corper, suspicious (3) Suddly u are jst invited 4 an interview just like that witout a writin test,note,this is oil company we are talkin about nt a one man business. (4) They got ur infomation through the Nysc photo album which they (scammer) might ve also sent to others ex corper too. Bcos u ve sent ur cv to them(scammer),u ve now givin them an opportunity to know more about u, such as ur present location and Job status e.t.c. Never mind it is not to late, Dnt ever try to send them any processing fee or u tryin to go there. U ve been warned. If u do so own your own. Tkia

Discard It...It's A SCAM!
    No One Will Know You Are Honest Unless You Give Out Samples!

@poster, u said d invited u 4 interview at chevron office in ph @ trans Amadi. Son, d r many possibilities 2 dis situation. But threading on d part of caution, u may want 2 find out if actually it is frm chevron- for u knw not which fish ur net(working) cud catch.
    I advise geting more info, if its scam u can work out

I smell S-C-A-M
    ..Diff btw here and there is "T". T for time

Re:

Pls dnt bother to go,u will either be duped or be kidnapped for ransom.since dey hav d data of yr referees. In short na SCAM!!!

Hey go for it,dont mind what anyone says.as long as they dont ask for money.i have a friend who works for chevron yet rhe never attended any interview and guess wat,it was not long leg at all,rhe just applied and when it was time rhe was called.you may doubt but you do so at your peril.be prayerful and cautious but GO FOR IT

@joyafoma Why not google chevron ph customer care number and call to find out if there is such b4 u waste ue time and money travelling to ph?
    If u only believe then u can be what u desire.

I agree with @micseas but rather than customer care, contact their human capital cos sometimes some sections may not be fully acquainted with other sections programmes as at when necessary.
    U

@azelin, pls do u stay in Nigeria precisely Lagos? Dnt u know what's happenin in town, u sounds as if u dnt realy know whats goin on this days in the country partanin to scammers .why wil u tel her to go and waste her transport fare, time & jeopadize her life. Ve seen such b4,it's a big scam. Did u go through the story she quoted very well b4 askin her to embarkin on the succide mission. Others ve spoken well,tellin her to contact chevron for confirmation. Beside that ur friend story u quoted sounds incompletely,if realy so,ur friend did nt tell u the full truth. Ordinary persons can'nt just get a Job in a reputable company witout beign interviewed, beside, it is only rarely possible wen it gat to do wit long legs. Dnt believe 2much in sme stories people tell u,only believe the once u withnes wit ur eyes. Cheers

Scam. Chevron Nigeria Limited (CNL) NOT chevron nigeria plc

@All, thanks for ur pieces of advice. i really appreciate. My opinion was and is still that it is scam but i wanted to get the advice of my friends in this forum before i jump into hasty conclusions. Thanks once more and God be with and help us all.
    N

+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast