+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Topic: Very Important for Nigerian Graduates

Re: Very Important for Nigerian Graduates

Quote Originally Posted by nedu4ocfon
    Thanks to all patriotic naija guys who love what we do here. You've read all you need to read.
    You are against the use of abbreviations ,yet you did use such in your essay. e.g 210+ , CV.
    Points you need to note:
    The standard of living here isn't stable nor is it equal. Therefore not everyone has enough cash to go online and spend all in posting a job with fabulous ENGLISH! Therefore abbreviating a word remains the best form of communication, in forum's like this. After-all communication is sending encoded massages' or am i rung?
    dude, u still try sha. But me i like d pidgin broken abeg...
    Cheers
    Your point is well noted. Not everyone has money to always browse at the cyber cafe. You see, we tend to forget the real situation of things when we are not in the place where those things normally take place, and this exactly is one of the limitations of human memory. I could remember what I went through before I got my first job in Nigeria. God dey!

@ighoeve....Am not going to write to impress you....But save your English Crap 4 urself....I av only 2 mins left on my timer so i no get time dey write grammer...This is a forum where Unemployed Graduates communicate....and attimes abbrevation and pidgin english passes the msg....If you no like my Flows..Go boil rock drink...Jor ooooo...
    Shey you fit follow German speak english....U come dey give use bobo for here...I no believe ur Nestle STORY....You no get job thats why u fit write long post d analyse CRAP....

@Poster, do u expect smone posting from his/her cellphone 2 be obeying those ur grammatical stuffs? u beta take it or ..
    An expert was once an ammature!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NeversayDie
    @ighoeve....Am not going to write to impress you....But save your English Crap 4 urself....I av only 2 mins left on my timer so i no get time dey write grammer...This is a forum where Unemployed Graduates communicate....and attimes abbrevation and pidgin english passes the msg....If you no like my Flows..Go boil rock drink...Jor ooooo...
    Shey you fit follow German speak english....U come dey give use bobo for here...I no believe ur Nestle STORY....You no get job thats why u fit write long post d analyse CRAP....
    Ah bros, I think you are correct. Considering the fact that I just finished my thesis on gilt-edged/Yankee markets and am waiting to join an organization in Bielefeld, Germany, I really don't have what to do. But from your post, I can definitely see that 'some' of us in Nigeria still have a long, long way to go. This is not the first time that people have been advised on this forum not to directly or indirectly abuse one another. Anyway sha, God bless you. I wish you more than the excellent things that are currently happening to me outside our Nija. I really do understand unemployment and what it can turn people into . I also suffered it for at most four weeks after NYSC before I landed my first job while in Nija. I left Nigeria because my gross salary per year was somewhere around 850k-1 milla and fortunately for me I got a fully funded offer to do graduate studies. I am saying all these to let you know I understand every every that is happening in Nija.

CAN YOU SEE AGAIN? LAST IME A MEMBER FROM UK POSTED A SEEMINGLY POMPOUS RHETORIC, I TOLD HIM UNAPOLOGETICALLY TO GO AND KISS TRANSFORMER. HE TOLD ME THAT I SHOULD NOT HAVE COMMENTED INSTEAD OF EMBARRASSING HIM. WHY WOULDN'T YOU PEOPLE FROM UK BE EMBARASSED WHEN YOU TAKE US FOR FOOLS IN THIS FORUM? ARE YOU PEOPLE TAUGHT TO BE MERELY POMPOUSN IN LIEU OF REASONING? IGHOEVE, YOU KNOW THIS IS AN INFORMAL FORUM ALLOWS INFORMAL LANGUAGES BUT YOUR INTETION TO BOAST AND NARRATE A FICTIOUS SAGA BECLOUDED YOUR SENSE OF JUDGEMENT. WHAT A FALLACY YOU HAVE CARELESSLY PROVED TO THE HOUSE HERE THAT YOU ARE IN BEREFT OF WHAT IT ENTAILS. INSUNUITIVELY, YOU TOLD THE HOUSE THAT SOME OF US HERE CANNOT EXPRESS OURSELVES IN FLAWLESS ENGLISH. AT LEAST I PICTURED AN IRONY FROM THE BLUNDERS IN YOUR SYNTAX.
    YOU ARE INCONSISTENT AND FEARFUL. YOU TEND TO COME DOWN LITTLE BIT HAVING OBTAINED THE INSULTS YOU DEMANDED FOR, BY TELLING US THAT YOU TOO UNDERSTAND PIDGIN AND STARTED USING THE CONTRATIONS AND ABBREVIATION YOU INITIALLY CONDEMNED. PERMIT ME TO SAY IT: YOU ARE SHAMELESS AND INDECISIVE.
    OH!HAD YOU BEEN BETTER THAT WE ARE, YOU WOULD HAVE BEEN OFFERED A JOB EARLIER THAN US EITHER IN UK OR HERE IN NAIJA. THOSE INFORMAL EXPRESSIONS YOU CONDEMNED ARE IN USE BY THE WHITES WHOSE LIFE STYLES YOU THINK IS BETTER. WHAT CAN YOU SAY ABOUT WORDS LIKE :'YEAP', 'LOL',ETC?.
    I DONT CARE IF YOU ARE ANGRY WITH ME TO HAVE TAKEN THIS PERSONALLY. THINKING THAT WAY WOULD BE A FLIMSY DEFENCE, RATHER ACCEPT YOUR DEFEAT.NO MATTER HOW ANYONE HAS USED LANGUAGE, TO AVOID FALLACY OF IMCOMPLTED ASPECT ON MY PART, KNOW THAT IT MIGHT BE DELEBERATE AND THAT DOES NOT PRESUPPOSE THAT WEAR E POOR IN EXPRESSING OURSELVES CORRECTLY. YOUR APOLOGY WILL BE WELCOME.

Ighoeve, already sent you a mail as requested and waiting patiently for your reply . . .
    Hope to hear the good news you have for finance guys . . .

Quote Originally Posted by ajoratiyani
    CAN YOU SEE AGAIN? LAST IME A MEMBER FROM UK POSTED A SEEMINGLY POMPOUS RHETORIC, I TOLD HIM UNAPOLOGETICALLY TO GO AND KISS TRANSFORMER. HE TOLD ME THAT I SHOULD NOT HAVE COMMENTED INSTEAD OF EMBARRASSING HIM. WHY WOULDN'T YOU PEOPLE FROM UK BE EMBARASSED WHEN YOU TAKE US FOR FOOLS IN THIS FORUM? ARE YOU PEOPLE TAUGHT TO BE MERELY POMPOUSN IN LIEU OF REASONING? IGHOEVE, YOU KNOW THIS IS AN INFORMAL FORUM ALLOWS INFORMAL LANGUAGES BUT YOUR INTETION TO BOAST AND NARRATE A FICTIOUS SAGA BECLOUDED YOUR SENSE OF JUDGEMENT. WHAT A FALLACY YOU HAVE CARELESSLY PROVED TO THE HOUSE HERE THAT YOU ARE IN BEREFT OF WHAT IT ENTAILS. INSUNUITIVELY, YOU TOLD THE HOUSE THAT SOME OF US HERE CANNOT EXPRESS OURSELVES IN FLAWLESS ENGLISH. AT LEAST I PICTURED AN IRONY FROM THE BLUNDERS IN YOUR SYNTAX.
    YOU ARE INCONSISTENT AND FEARFUL. YOU TEND TO COME DOWN LITTLE BIT HAVING OBTAINED THE INSULTS YOU DEMANDED FOR, BY TELLING US THAT YOU TOO UNDERSTAND PIDGIN AND STARTED USING THE CONTRATIONS AND ABBREVIATION YOU INITIALLY CONDEMNED. PERMIT ME TO SAY IT: YOU ARE SHAMELESS AND INDECISIVE.
    OH!HAD YOU BEEN BETTER THAT WE ARE, YOU WOULD HAVE BEEN OFFERED A JOB EARLIER THAN US EITHER IN UK OR HERE IN NAIJA. THOSE INFORMAL EXPRESSIONS YOU CONDEMNED ARE IN USE BY THE WHITES WHOSE LIFE STYLES YOU THINK IS BETTER. WHAT CAN YOU SAY ABOUT WORDS LIKE :'YEAP', 'LOL',ETC?.
    I DONT CARE IF YOU ARE ANGRY WITH ME TO HAVE TAKEN THIS PERSONALLY. THINKING THAT WAY WOULD BE A FLIMSY DEFENCE, RATHER ACCEPT YOUR DEFEAT.NO MATTER HOW ANYONE HAS USED LANGUAGE, TO AVOID FALLACY OF IMCOMPLTED ASPECT ON MY PART, KNOW THAT IT MIGHT BE DELEBERATE AND THAT DOES NOT PRESUPPOSE THAT WEAR E POOR IN EXPRESSING OURSELVES CORRECTLY. YOUR APOLOGY WILL BE WELCOME.
    As I earlier said, 'some' of us lack understanding and I owe you no apology, okay. I wish you good luck in your search for a great job. I understand frustration is not good. You will succeed!

Quote Originally Posted by chakaz
    @Poster, do u expect smone posting from his/her cellphone 2 be obeying those ur grammatical stuffs? u beta take it or ..
    Hi,
    No, I don't expect. Read through my previous posts and you will see that I am just against wrongly spelt words, not correctly contracted words or pidgin. You see what I mean. Some of us (see the post after yours) don't even know what contraction is in the English language. Please, tell me, are these things below contractions?

xpect for expect
    c for see
    kompany for company

It never cease to amaze me when i read some response to Post on this forum. Why do some people takes pleasure in abusing other guys because they posted some info on this forum? you don't have to agree with what others says; but you must have the courtsey to keep your mouth shut....Besides the gentleman is making a very important point and you're abusing him for it.

I think i know why some of you behave in this manner; most of you felt guilty of what was being said and you were trying to cover up for your grammatical bankruptcy(otherwise, why would anyone be against what that dude said??)
    I'd like to admonish my fellow gradutes; Please, stop acting like illitrates(you can politely keep your mouth shut if you don't have valuable things to say..)....You know, there is a common saying in my office "You can take the man away from the bush, but you can't take the bush out of the man"
    on a lighter note, Guys! let us learn from ourselves and stop condemning others.....

@Ighoeve, the moment i saw your post i knew it would raise a lot of dust. But the sad truth is that you are right because most of us got use to using these abbreviations in text messages, and its becoming part of us. They may not want to admit to it, but believe me sometimes i find myself abbreviating before correcting myself even when writing formal stuffs. My advice, you have passed your message people like us would listen and others wont. Most Humans generally do not like to be correctd expecially in public places, instead they on the defence. The truth must be told and if you have any say it. For those who feel inferior to our u.k. studying mate there is no need to, you are here because you have decided to be here in Nigeria. And they are in the u.k. because they wanted and fought to be there. So let them be. I pray we all find our dream jobs so we can at least have a reason to be happy and stop all this anger.

Oopsie! It got hot! We have those who possess an enviable mastery of the language just as there are those whose command is faulty, to say the least. But I believe this is typical of any complete society not a special Nigerian ailment. Even in England, I'm sure u have a complete spectrum of varying communication abilities. But c'mon guys (ladies too)... we are all entitled to our opinions and there's freedom of speech here. If u don't like it here, u have ample options to express ur dissension without getting nasty. U don't have to take in everything u hear but if u do listen, u just might pick a few helpful nuggets in the process. Learning never ends... BE OPEN!

And oh, Ighoeve, it's N-A-I-J-A!
    Aal izz well...

God is good

@Ig, u can c dat lotsof guyz wryt well here!! If u no like my Broken english/abri., u better come back naija com conduct SEMINAR on......'lol'
    Cheers dude u try.
    N

+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast