+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Topic: Union Bank Aptitude Test

I fink d only time they sent results tru text was 4 dat skyebank test, otherwise d last gsk test we wrote wit dem,notin has bn communicated 2 those who did d test til now,so they wil knw if they faild or nt. I dnt tink dats gud enof 4rm dragnet. Lets hope they'w send dis!

Re: Union Bank Aptitude Test

Was invited too but never went....they r nt real....

make una cool down success is ours that believe and God by our side

I am happy you all are alive to the huge scam doctored by this so called consulting firms. Nigerians are intellectually endowed and can hold their own in any intellectual contest, but these consulting firms would make a mess of applicants intellectual capacity, i enjoin you all to remove the blindfold and preach the poetry of departure from this evil with the nomenclature of consulting firm, they are never real, only an insignificant few would be extraordinarily lucky to get this job by dint of luck, the vast majority of successful hopefuls would get there because they have political long legs. Nobody should even try to tell me banks employ purely on merit, the bitter truth is that the consulting firms are still the judge in their own case, dont forget that they have children, nephews, cousins, niece ,classmates, brothers, kinsmen, neighbor, church members, school sons or daughters from alma- mater e.t.c and the test result you will have is a function of what they decide to give you, you will fail if they want you to fail and you will pass the test if they so wish, again dont even try to tell me it is a computer based test (CBT),as a CCNA, CCNP, CCSP certified professional, i very well over sabi that there are ways you can programme the delivery router through telnet sessions with the over ride command, and specific login Id of some applicants would be programmed to fail even before they take the test, while some can be programmed to pass even if they fail. the huge number of applicants invited by this consulting firm never had the original intention of justifying fairness and equity but rather it is meant to boost the CV of the consulting firms with statements like "we have conducted aptitude test for over 100,000 000.000 applicants" and statement like this is a CV booster. Though i am currently employed in a federal university, but i still share in the pains of the unemployed Nigerian youth. My most admired forumite prof salvage has once raised this issue of "computer based tests being the latest cloned robotic monster, it has taken the pen off the hand of the intelligent, it is a nightmare of the scholar, and the bane of intellectual showmanship". My submission therefore is in line with the argument of prof salvage, that recruitment should be a serious business, and all stake holders must discharge their onerous responsibilities with with an unalloyed integrity of unprecedented historical proportions, and the submissions are (1) a prototype of the test taken and the answers chosen should be sent to the inbox of all the test takers after the conduct of the whole test session, this is essentially to prevent undue advantage to those whose date and time is not early enough, the bottom line here is that at least a week after the whole test session all test takers must have an exact copy of the questions and the answers they have chosen in their inbox (2) the marking schemes should be sent to the inbox of applicants, and this marking schemes should not be bereft of explanations and logic of arguments, as to why a particular answer is chosen. (3) the test result of each test taker should be sent to their inbox. My anger sprouts from the fact that very intelligent Nigerian graduates only "fail" when it is an employment test but they perform excellently when it is not a recruitment examination, it is indeed a vexing conundrum. this game of deceit must end and we should employ legislative means to bring it to an unceremonious end, we cannot continue to be slaves in our fatherland, several intelligent Nigerian graduates have lost their lives in the course of traveling through the length and breath of Nigeria to write scams, deceit and charades known as test, and several others have wasted the few resources within their disposal to finance this unfortunate trip. though those who would be lucky would be lucky, but it is not fair enough to the intelligent Nigerian graduate who has paid his/her dues at the shrine of knowledge, things must change and the the time for change is here.

Yea rite...typical Nigerian sayings. We all knw dis stuff exist, d question is who will take d stand? I am sick and tired of peeps just goin on and on writing and speakin plenty oyibo on web pages.

Quote Originally Posted by zeus007 View Post
    Yea rite...typical Nigerian sayings. We all knw dis stuff exist, d question is who will take d stand? I am sick and tired of peeps just goin on and on writing and speakin plenty oyibo on web pages.
    It is a call for collective action, the first phase is awareness which should be followed by a concrete drive for implementation, the irony of this is that some graduate are not even aware of the malfunctioning in the consulting system, they only think they have lost intellectual form, Zeus007 i am not happy when you sound like this, i write with vitriolic and my anger seethes. it seems you are employed and doing fine, i am also currently employed and doing fine, but what you see on this page are hard experiences of the hapless Nigerian graduates. i am disturbed when you say "plenty oyibo" nothing has been written so far, it is just an introduction to the main essay. we lost the best graduating student in one of the engineering department from a top notch federal university, this dude finished with an intimidating CGPA of 4.91, he died in an accident in the course of attending one of the scam aptitude test which we confidentially learnt has been concluded even before the test data, and anybody can be a victim of this sad circumstance, and Zeus007 what stops you from taking the bull by the horn ?

Quote Originally Posted by seunlove View Post
    I am happy you all are alive to the huge scam doctored by this so called consulting firms. Nigerians are intellectually endowed and can hold their own in any intellectual contest, but these consulting firms would make a mess of applicants intellectual capacity, i enjoin you all to remove the blindfold and preach the poetry of departure from this evil with the nomenclature of consulting firm, they are never real, only an insignificant few would be extraordinarily lucky to get this job by dint of luck, the vast majority of successful hopefuls would get there because they have political long legs. Nobody should even try to tell me banks employ purely on merit, the bitter truth is that the consulting firms are still the judge in their own case, dont forget that they have children, nephews, cousins, niece ,classmates, brothers, kinsmen, neighbor, church members, school sons or daughters from alma- mater e.t.c and the test result you will have is a function of what they decide to give you, you will fail if they want you to fail and you will pass the test if they so wish, again dont even try to tell me it is a computer based test (CBT),as a CCNA, CCNP, CCSP certified professional, i very well over sabi that there are ways you can programme the delivery router through telnet sessions with the over ride command, and specific login Id of some applicants would be programmed to fail even before they take the test, while some can be programmed to pass even if they fail. the huge number of applicants invited by this consulting firm never had the original intention of justifying fairness and equity but rather it is meant to boost the CV of the consulting firms with statements like "we have conducted aptitude test for over 100,000 000.000 applicants" and statement like this is a CV booster. Though i am currently employed in a federal university, but i still share in the pains of the unemployed Nigerian youth. My most admired forumite prof salvage has once raised this issue of "computer based tests being the latest cloned robotic monster, it has taken the pen off the hand of the intelligent, it is a nightmare of the scholar, and the bane of intellectual showmanship". My submission therefore is in line with the argument of prof salvage, that recruitment should be a serious business, and all stake holders must discharge their onerous responsibilities with with an unalloyed integrity of unprecedented historical proportions, and the submissions are (1) a prototype of the test taken and the answers chosen should be sent to the inbox of all the test takers after the conduct of the whole test session, this is essentially to prevent undue advantage to those whose date and time is not early enough, the bottom line here is that at least a week after the whole test session all test takers must have an exact copy of the questions and the answers they have chosen in their inbox (2) the marking schemes should be sent to the inbox of applicants, and this marking schemes should not be bereft of explanations and logic of arguments, as to why a particular answer is chosen. (3) the test result of each test taker should be sent to their inbox. My anger sprouts from the fact that very intelligent Nigerian graduates only "fail" when it is an employment test but they perform excellently when it is not a recruitment examination, it is indeed a vexing conundrum. this game of deceit must end and we should employ legislative means to bring it to an unceremonious end, we cannot continue to be slaves in our fatherland, several intelligent Nigerian graduates have lost their lives in the course of traveling through the length and breath of Nigeria to write scams, deceit and charades known as test, and several others have wasted the few resources within their disposal to finance this unfortunate trip. though those who would be lucky would be lucky, but it is not fair enough to the intelligent Nigerian graduate who has paid his/her dues at the shrine of knowledge, things must change and the the time for change is here.
    I luv ur writing,more grease to elbow.
    Though sum of them re fair enough bt its stil go down to what u outline.

I Couldn't agree more to what Seunlove said concerning the various scam CBT. My first experience with dragnet gave me the suspicion on their scam and i gave up on them after that day(even though I sat for their latest test invite).

I think we should create a new thread, and work out modalities on how me can fight these menace going on most especially Dragnet!

Pls permit me guys 2share dis short xperience.i v dis neighbour who is a gud frnd f mine n she wrks wit dis small recruiting firm on d island.thou i disturb ha al d tyme 2fill me into any vacant post bt she alwaz tells me dt she knws d kinda job dts gud 4me n she wont calme wn she knws iwont fit in.den she tldme f dis guy who lives in Niger state n ws invited 4a test.an oil servicing firm in ikoyi needed a trained accountant f nt mre dan 26yrs n d guy fit so wel.wn he did d test he didnt do wel at al.n my neighbour felt so bad den she cald him n tld him dt she personali dsnt biliv dt recruitn shld only b based on test alone.she den tld d company dt dey shld put d guy on a 3month probatn n c hw he fared.trust d guy he workd his .dt ws hw he gt a job.Wat am sayn is it dsnt v2 b jus test alone iknw test is dne 2reduce crowd bt y nt dwnsize 2d bearest minimum 2only dose u rli need instead f caln d whole multitude wn u knw u nid jus 3 or 4 pple?i knw sme pple wld say so y r dey venting on dis platform bt dey 4gt dt wn u share ideas n tots jus mayb we r on our way 2 redemption.much lurve guys!

Quote Originally Posted by zeus007 View Post
    @zeus007, pls sir i send you a PM. kindly read and get back 2 me. thnx

Quote Originally Posted by seunlove View Post
    It is a call for collective action, the first phase is awareness which should be followed by a concrete drive for implementation, the irony of this is that some graduate are not even aware of the malfunctioning in the consulting system, they only think they have lost intellectual form, Zeus007 i am not happy when you sound like this, i write with vitriolic and my anger seethes. it seems you are employed and doing fine, i am also currently employed and doing fine, but what you see on this page are hard experiences of the hapless Nigerian graduates. i am disturbed when you say "plenty oyibo" nothing has been written so far, it is just an introduction to the main essay. we lost the best graduating student in one of the engineering department from a top notch federal university, this dude finished with an intimidating CGPA of 4.91, he died in an accident in the course of attending one of the scam aptitude test which we confidentially learnt has been concluded even before the test data, and anybody can be a victim of this sad circumstance, and Zeus007 what stops you from taking the bull by the horn ?
    dude get me correctly...i'm nt runin u dwn..wat i am sayin is action n nt just writtins. If u fink u r frustrated, probs u shuld take a look around. I also have a close frnd who is like a bro dat was scamed several times in search of dis so called job hunt n afta bein frustrated, he had to travel to hamburg just to escape d sufferins in naija...i was in hamburg to see him some weeks back n all i saw was his corpse..yea! I had to go wif some of his family to bring back his body. Do u fink i am nt angry at d moment?? I fink of it n feel like hurtin all dese peeps in naija.

Ma point to u is dat u shuld firstly blame d government n situation in d country n also, if u wanna do anyfin, go beyond just writtin n take action. I used to write n speak grammer online n guess wat, peeps wuld just read n contribute to ma writtins n dat wuld b all. Had it been d peeps in d northern part of Africa just wrote online, do u fink anyfin wuld have happend If u wanna bring abt change, try to figure out a way to take a step dan just writtin..d probs in d country has gone beyond just writin.

For all its worth, i am really sorry if u were offended by wat i said abt d oyibo fin..didnt mean it d way u took it n i am also sorry abt ur frnd. Peace all...God help us all

We have to do somthing abou dragnet, each time i gt a text 4rm them 4 an exam, i got more angry. We can go to media houses, tv stations. Dragnet is d worst so far.

honestly, i have been suspecting Dragnet for a while now, the problem is as Nigerians i think and am sorry to say this, we are programmed to be wicked once our safety is guaranteed. Imagine dragnet staffs who were once job seekers foisting this on others that are not so privilege and feeling cool about it.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast