+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 8 of 45 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Topic: UBA Interview.

Re: UBA Interview.

@eeraiy33...thanks.....got to start preparing 4 anoda round of drilling

Thanx Walearoy, yap i did get the success mail. Baba God noni.

@all, did my test on monday amidst fear, but was succesfull eventually, heard UBA would finish the recruitment process this year for all applicants(ND,HND n BSC), so messages of invite for interview would start rolling in(for those that have not gotten). I fall into the category of those that have not done the interview and presently im being consumed by both fear and suspence. For those that have done the interview (both ND n BSC), please could you spill out the nature of question asked, how they were asked, and your/suggested response. I know i might be asking for babyfeeding, but iv never done any interview. Thanks!

@bimbotek, werese, donF, enkababe and others i dint mention, please help out here

@waleroy...sent u a pm...sorry it came late sha...that was the lil i cud remember...Gud luck when u do urs.

@bimbo, saw it, thanks a billion.

eiya, Walearoy u just pricked me emotionally. Lets start like this, go thru dis thread frm page 1 and grasp an idea of what the uba interview looks like. Nxt jettison any inherent fears and tension. This is a core aspect of the interview. U said this ìs ur 1st interview but i can assure u dat if u can jst believe in urself u wil definitely ace ur interview. An interview is just simply an interaction. A discussion or chat between u and ur prospective boss. But naivetè encapsulates us bcoz we are concious of the fact that we are being accessed thereby making us display traits of timidness, lack of sophistication and confidence that may not necessarily be a true representation of our personality. So my broda success starts from within u on ur journey to success in an interview. Do whatever u can do to build ur courage, confidence, belief, poise and self assurance. Begin to declare and make proclaimations like a king that yes I am are a success. Just free ur mind frm that pessimistic mental state. Because at UBA interview ur confidence, poise, swaggs, earns u up to 90% success rate. Mind u, I knw wot I'm talking about. Now to the next stage, how do u possess this seemingly implausible sophistication? There are so many physical ways whch u could figure out urself such as standing b4 a mirror and talking to urself, smoking bana (lol no mind me o! U smoke bana go there sori is ur name) but one sure way i knw is by being mentally prepared. Yes, mental alacrity. Go online, get and read materials on how to prepare for an interview specifically a bank interview. At this stage of ur life u ought to be versed in current issues affecting ur polity, economy and society. Listen to the news on tv, read newspapers, engage in intellectual discourse with ur friends and so on. U should understand global economic events such as gobal economic meltdown, sovereign debt crisis etc. Be familiar with ur own national banking industry and reforms. Just read and be knowledgeable bcoz it is power. Dissect the organizatn called UBA and navigate through its corpse performing a posthumous operation on its history, products, values, management, financial reports, etc in short read the full website. Next is that u should understand ur personality and be able to explain it. Knw urself. Just d way i said u shld read UBA, u shld also read urself. Ur CV is also very vital. If u didnt prepare ur CV urself, painstakingly and fastidiously go through it making sure u understand every single word. For instance during my 2nd interview, my interviewer lookd at my CV and d first thing he did was read out my career objective from my CV to me and told me he doesnt understand all the grammatical compositions and jargons he is seeing. He said i shld give him a layman's translation. He read it sentence after sentence and i had to explain after him. Anoda thing is that u must be well accustomed with the conceptual framework of the course u studied in school and be able to discuss it effortlessly. U may be asked to link the connectivity btw ur course of study and banking. For ur appearance, make sure u get enough sleep the previous night so u dnt look cumbersome. Ur disposition should be smart and reflect the ambience of the UBA Head Office. Look neat, well shaven, and wear a natural smile rite frm ur house til u are done wit d interview. A nice tie on a blue or a white shirt should do with a black suit and troussers (no wear short knicker go o! Lol) Also make sure u communicate effectively. Speak out but dnt shout, speak simple good English (d one Chinua Achebe will call "is and was" English) listen attentively, respond to only questions that u are asked, be brief in ur responses and make sure u maintain a decent eye contact.

Well, i hav said a lot and it may be a boring sermon to u but i can assure dat there is no easy route to success. I'm not saying u cnt scale through without applying any effort but a foreign adage says - when opportunity meets preparation, the outcome of the collision is a resounding success not luck. The moment i finished my interviews i went home a 101% confident of being invited for the nxt stage.
    Lastly and definitely most importantly, commit everything - urself, the interview, interviewers, the bank - into God's Hands. Pray effectually and intermittently. Every thing i have been saying is a complete waste of time without the last one i.e recourse to God. A situation Hon. Patrick Obiagbon wil describe as a cul-de-sac.
    So sir, relax, prepare for ur interview, go for it, wow ur interviewers and come out successfully just the way u aced ur test.
    You can thank me later when u get the job with a bottle of Rose.
    #winks#

@ don F, rose ke? Ok o, i hear u o! But seriously, thanks for the heads up though iv not realy comprehended it accuretly but i would. Thanks boss!, @bimbotek, thanks for the messages, guys i believe we would be colluges (for those who would take the UBA offer). And if there's anybody that has anytin to say (both relevant and irrelivant), pls DO! Im believing i would scale through just being nervous.

@ waleroy.... Donf already said everything that you need to know,so Go with the peace of d lord !

MIB
    Don F, I see u bro.. nice advice and well said

@donF. i must commend u for taking ur time to compose all this abrakatabras.@waleroy, i'd advice that u take ur time to assimilate all d Don has said. In addition, I believe one major ingredient to acing an interview is confidence. No employer wants to employ timid people. so i'd advice that u kill fear. fear will make u forget what u already know. then practice practice practice! cos if u dont practice, someone else is practicing and when u meet, he will beat u hands down. May God help us all.

MIB
    shout out!!!!! to everybody that did their interview
    on the 19th of this month, I jst got my '' U were
    successful at ur interview message'' from uba..
    phew!!!!!! thats interview was a real power tussle..

I just enta fridge pop one champaign on top ur head. U go replace am during training. Congrats my oga, we go yarn in d morrow.

+ Reply
Page 8 of 45 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast