+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Please i need a viable advice concerning my job.

Please i need a viable advice concerning my job.

There is a saying that says you never know what you have until you loose it?two days ago i was offered a letter of employment by a well known fmcg brand,but my fear is that it a contract position that after one year u will be converted to a full staff,thereby no benefit for now except for your salary that is about 180,000naria.on the other hand i have a job which i have been doing for 2years+ now and earning a salary of 110,000/month and in some good selling month about 190,000.My problem is that the new job tend to have a career path as the HR said,while where am working there is no career path,despite your performance you can spend 10yrs in a position,..please a little advice from more experienced people will be appreciated....both companies are into fmcg with finest brand in nigeria and outside..i dont want to make mistake..please and please a little advice.

Re: Please i need a viable advice concerning my job.

please i need ur advices

Its beta to consider the career aspect bro. Cos u must move 4ward, its part of advancement,money aside.

@Op from what you said, ur present job offers you stability but no career growth. And the second one once you are converted to full staff after a year, dia are chances for career growth ryt? Then what den is confusing you? To me is a no brainer.. The obvious decision here is to take the new offer.

NOTE: buh i must add before you take heed to my advice, make sure you confirm if the conversion From contract to core staff is a straight forward one. You can confirm from existing staffs of the coy. Bcos some of this things are not really the way they seems. Make ur findings

Thanks for the advices..i guess i need to make inside enquiry from some of their staffs,hope i find someone that can open up and give me real details.

My advice for you is to use your youthful age and energy to grow your own dream rather than growing other peoples dream. You don't own that job you are only there as a temporary staff and could be laid off at anytime. So look for an opportunity and don't waste a whole one year waiting to be a full staff in that organisation.

please presently i work with fareast mercantile co ltd,..and the company am talking about is reckitt benckiser ...please does it worth the switch despite the contract clause...pls advise me......

I wont advise you to quit your present job for the one you are not even sure about. Your present job pays you very with your explanation. If you are going to leave for another company, it must be such without any clause/condition whatsoever. Its matter of time before you secure career-promising job. Once you leave, you may not be allowed to go back again and whatever the outcome of that clause, you are already hooked. God will help you, whatever you decide.

whats life itself if not challenges that lead to development. Staying in a comfort zone with no promising future is a boring life. Though if u like to play it safe and just live like an average Nigerian will do, u can stay on ur present job. But when u look back after ur decison, ul remembee that opporunity came and it stirred at u in the face saying 'U can with me if only u do not fear d unknown'. I cant remember any1 laying off a staff for being competent and effective. If you do not think you can perform in ur new job and eventually climb up the career path, u beter stay put. But if u believe in God, urself and abilities why not go for it. It all depends on what u want bro. some see insecurity, some see Opportunity. I choose the later.

I believ dat 2grow, U have 2move frm whr U ar 2 whr U want 2be.
    An opportunity arises, take it. Move!!
    Be diligent in Ur new role, and U let Ur work speak 4 U.
    If Ur work is neat and Ur integrity is not questioned, U will move up d ladder or get an even better job.
    Keep in mind dat dis is not a quest 4 money, but a quest 4 knowledge.
    Develop Urself!!

@francoben... Dont try it ooo, unless u confirm frm exisitng staff in dat company if its there general policy to recruit first on contract/ probabily its a probational period... I see no reason why a company dat wants u to build a career path with them shld employ u on contract. I am writing based on personal experience oooo

1 tin dat i dnt really get here is dis.is d 1 yr dat u r talkn abt probatn or contract.if it is probatn den u can risk bt if nt,bro no try am abeg

1 tin dat i dnt really get here is dis.is d 1 yr dat u r talkn abt probatn or contract.if it is probatn den u can risk it bt if nt,bro no try am abeg

+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast