+ Reply + New Job/Topic

Topic: NETS Online Test- Post your experience!

NETS Online Test- Post your experience!

Hello folks,

I just finished taking the NETS online test and I think the house can learn from my experience. I scored 58.33% and the pass mark is 60%. You will be given 60 questions, both verbal and quantitative, to answer in 30minutes. That means that you have an average of 30seconds per question. Just take note of the following and learn from my mistakes.

1. The online test is more of a speed test than an accuracy test. Don't spend more than 40secs on a question. If you don't know the answer, take a calculated guess or use the elimination method and pick one.
    2. The questions come randomly. Make sure you have a worksheet near you for the quantitative part. The truth is that if you're good with maths, you do not need to solve most of the math questions. Those that have taken the GRE or GMAT exam before would understand this.

3. For the quantitative, approximate when necessary. Don't start doing long calculations. It will eat up your time and make you answer only a few questions.

4. Remember that out of the 60 questions, you need to get at least 36 right to hit the passmark. That was my mistake. I answered 35 out of 38 right. Maybe if I had been more prudent with time, I may have passed the test. The truth is, the more questions you answer, the better your chances of getting above the passmark.

5. In all, pray that your internet connection doesn't mess you up. It was taking too long for me to get the next question because of the "uber-fast" internet connection. No thanks to Starcomms.

6. I used Firefox with adobe flash enabled. Whatever that means.

7. Above all, pray to God.

Another thing I can suggest for those who hope to beat the system is that you could get a friend or someone who is knowledge in taking aptitude tests to be with you while taking the online test. But note that this might cause you to spend more time on a question.

The verbal part is easy. For the comprehension passages, don't make inferences except when you are told to do so. Answer the questions based on what you see in the passage. The passages are short so it is quite comprehensible at a glance.

I wish all those taking the tests success. I'm done with NETS. It was a nice experience though. If I remember any other lesson I learnt, I will post here. Deuces.

SB.
    Grace upon grace...I'm favoured.

Re: NETS Online Test- Post your experience!

Very cool and detailed explanation, I can see why you are the Superbrain :P Thanks for taking out time to let guys know what gives with NETS, though I'm not a NETS candidate

@Superbrain, very appreciative of ur efforts but were there no questions from logical reasoning and general papers?

@SuperBrain!
    Your effort is Highly Appreciated!
    No One Will Know You Are Honest Unless You Give Out Samples!

Thanks folks.
    @ eze, it was very much like the GRE and GMAT format. Short comprehension passages (two to six sentences), antonyms, synonyms, sentence completion, analogy, simple interest calculations, and basic maths. That's all I can remember for now.

Junior Member GBEMISOLA ATUNRASE's Avatar

after payment i dont know where to fill the deposit slip after 24 hrs hours.

hi my pal it good but is the maths business maths? No current affairs cos one of my friend said the question contains current affairs during his time. My exams come up on Friday. Thanks for a nice job. Agbor

Junior Member GBEMISOLA ATUNRASE's Avatar

pls where do i filll the deposit slip number?

Pls guys how will i get full info about dis nets.I want to write their test.i have been applying since 2yrs now and no gets to call mii4 test.pls some one pls always up date me on any job [email protected]. save a soul cos am very fustrated.tanx house

wow...Thanks Superbrain..I aint a NETS candidate but I am prepping for First Bank's test and though they are different, the basics are all there and your explanation has strengthened my resolve..I havent written an online test before, except the SHL practice test..so thanks once again!!

@ editor, there was no question on current affairs. Just basic math and verbal reasoning, with a few strange words under antonyms.

For those asking about how to register, there is a thread on that. Use the search field to locate it. Can't do so from my phone.

@ miley, don't mind me jare. I was taking the test as though it was a GRE test, making sure I got my answers right, only to end up answering 38 of which 35 were right and I needed to get 36 right to hit the passmark. I learnt some valuable lessons from it. The first thing I think one ought to do before taking any test is to identify what kind of test it is (speed or accuracy test) and read up the instructions. This will enable one plan a strategy to use in answering the questions.

@ those interested, I have a book or rather a compilation on almost all the synonyms, antonyms, their meanings and words closest in meaning to dem - its called SCHOLASTIC DICTIONARY OF SYNONYMS,ANTONYMS AND HOMONYMS. It helps a lot. mine is a photocopy - if u go uni for naija u go understand. just tot letting u guys know abt d book will help in all these test preparations!

those people re mad after paying

+ Reply