+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Topic: Mckinsey calling for test.

Re: Mckinsey calling for test.

I have been following this thread closely and I wonder why some people misinform others. Mckinsey provides you with a practice booklet for you to prepare if invited for the test; it's also available for FREE on their corporate website. That booklet is the perfect practice but you should be familiar with ratios, percentages, profit and loss etc. Your ability to reason logically with the given information is key . There are so many online forums sharing tips and ideas on the test. The test is the same standard worldwide only that in Nigeria we are given an extra 30 minutes for the test. DON'T LISTEN TO ANYONE SAYING THEY HAVE PAST QUESTIONS.THERE IS ONLY ONE PRACTICE QUETSION MCKINSEY GIVES FREELY.Kosher Franks or something like that is in the booklet.Another misconception is that if you have a first class or a very high 2:1, you should automatically be invited for the test. Mckinsey recruits from 'target' schools so the school you attended is of importance because they have a reputation to protect. The first aptitude test organised by Mckinsey in Nigeria was in 2010 for UNILAG students (MAULAG, for those who hate the school) who had a CGPA of 4.5 and above. I think only three persons passed that test out of about 100 or so. I WAS THERE. Then Covenant University was another school they recruited from. If you do not know how to write a CV then there is a problem. I wrote the test in June 2011 so I know what I am saying. I did not apply through their website or upload any transcript because they got my name as well as that of others invited through the Student Affairs Division of UNILAG. Even though I did not pass the test, I had the chance to speak with Acha Leke at an alumni event.*winks* I would be ready to apply again next year. GOOD LUCK TO ALL THOSE INVITED.

thanks for the info phonon.

Phonon, thanks for your contribution. However, there are some wrong perceptions dat u have dat I need to correct. First of all, u said someone claimed to be sharing past questions. That is not true. I did most of the distribution of the materials and I remember that I called them 'practise materials,' and the materials came from their site - its the Kosher-Frank-material. So there is really nobody misinforming anybody where that is concerned.
    And when u say 'target schools,' what exactly do u mean? coould u give us a list of the said 'target schools' so dat dose of us whose schools may not be good enough could withdraw our applications? Is ekpoma on that list becos a guy from ekpoma jst got an invite? Much as I appreciate ur wonderful contributions, I would suggest that u cross-check information before u present them to others as fact. Thanks again!!
    phonon likes this.

I see the mercy of God working beyond merit because me no go UNILAG but if God say this job go be mine, gbam nai be dat.

I don't believe there are any target schools, it just happen that they select certain schools for career fair (I think its just the convenience of location thus the western universities would be selected). After all I did not have a first class, I read engineering and went to a school in the north and yet got an invite for the test last year too.

Cheers
    phonon likes this.

MIB
    its annoying when pple come up with ''STUPID'' analogies that doesnt make sense, claiming they know better than anyone else.. its better u shut ur mouths and do the usual viewing that u hve been doing before now rather than commenting, what the '''' is target school, by all ramnification a guy from ekpoma was called, no disrespect thou but doesnt have a standard reputation in university ranks, such issue on target school are for forgeign school, the likes of MIT, Harvards and likes All mckinsey wants is that u fill out ur application form to meet their requirements of leadership, problem solving and reasoning skill. as regards ur 'O' level, to see if u have complete credit grades, as for ur transcript to check out ur mathematical courses skill and look at how u did in individual courses ''BUT'' the most paramount of all is ur application form.. So all those that hve written mckinsey test before and have failed, pls tell ur tales else where, we dnt need ur advice here, go and prove urself the nxt time u hve opportunity, as for now, plz ''shut up''... or better still go and start a group u can call it '' Unfortunate mckensey candidates''. All we need here is updates from current invitee not from unfortunate rejectee. 1love my prospective mckensitie...

@mib: please there's no need getting into polemics with phonon. As linx has rightly pointed out, the 'target' schools phonon referred to were mainly for career fairs. It doesn't mean they do not recruit from lower ranked schools. You shoulda made your point without being verbally abusive.

Even you had a few misconceptions. I dont think the application form is the most paramount as you put it. I think All of the documents you submit (resume, transcripts, certificates, application form) are equally important.

Besides, we need experiences from those who have written the tests before (even if they didn't scale through). For one, it shows the test is no walk in the park and that those invited would have to prepare as much as they can. Phonon suggested visiting forums where members discuss tips on how to perform well in test and i think that is a good advice. I know he sounded a little haughty but really there was no need for you to get personal.

Cheers.

It's always a pity when graduates can't express their displeasure at statements people make without the use of invectives.Let me point out some things:
    1. I never said they don't recruit from other schools or that other graduates of other schools are not good enough to apply. I'm only saying as at the time I first came in contact with their representatives in 2010, they told me they were recruiting ONLY from the two schools I mentioned.If I offended anyone by implying that graduates of other schools are not good enough, I AM SORRY.
    2. About the practice booklet, I was just trying to ward off people claiming to have 'solved past questions' for sale, something which is not unusual on this forum as some try to take advantage of other people's ignorance.

I am not here to prove anything to people. I seldom post comments on this forum because one would get attacked viciously by people who think they have been slighted by your comments. It's just unfortunate when some people can't take anything good out of what is being said and putting aside the rest. MY APOLOGIES TO ALL THOSE OFFENDED BY MY PREVIOUS POST.

i also got this from them-Hi there,

We need your grades fro each subject for your Master's degree. Please email it to us as soon as possible.

Thanks,
    Mary Anne

How did u get d results of d Msc exams u av written so far? the university of Nigeria Nsukka does not show results to students until the school senate has sat and approved it.

Pls can i get the test format or practice material from u? tanks

@dakings:
    Find out how soon the senate will ratify your results.
    Can you also find out from the coordinator of your program whether the interim results (if they wont be changed after ratification) can be forwarded directly to mckinsey by email?

If not, you'd just have to wait and inform mckinsey. They would likely give you more time to get your results across to them.

Cheers.

@dakings, i am also a PG/Msc studt of UNN. I got my scores frm d dept sectry and typed dem in my reply to mckinsey. Though it is not formal, i assure dem of its credibility.

+ Reply
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast