+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Topic: Mckinsey calling for test.

Re: Mckinsey calling for test.

Nope@ ohiaeri

the site itself has a lot of articles as regards getting into top consulting firms such as mckinsey.

www.caseinterview.com

Please guyz im just seeing my form is there still hope 4 me cos my deadline was yesterday and also is it possible to type and save directing on the pdf Application form pls i need an urgent reply thanks

@rubita,Thats wot they xpect u 2 do.
    @ehis, tanks 4 d info undate!

MIB
    @ rubita, I had similar case, I didnt see my pdf form unknown to me that it was attached, the luck I had was that when sending my other document, I wrote in the mail that I didnt see any pdf file, so they said I should check well and fill it and send it as soon as possible ''BUT'' my deadline hadnt elapsed by that time sha, my best bet is that u fill the pdf, attach it and send to them then u can compose a small mail that u didnt realise that u had a pdf file attached, u get what am saying.. @ all, Ehis was like the first to apply to mckinsey before he told us about it, so am thinking, its according to hw fast u're with ur application,am thinking it should be in batches..

@MIB, well said!

@All

I have been following this thread (and the other one about Mckinsey recruiting) with great interest. I just want to help clarify somethings.

The first thing is, application is on all year round. You can apply any time and transcript is very important: as they will not process your application to the test stage without it (to the best of my knowledge).

Secondly, the test is also all year round, but can only be taken on Tuesdays and Thursdays. What you have to understand is that each application is unique and is treated that way. They don't do mass recruitment and test. Be patient if you meet their criteria (2.1 and good WAEC result) you will be called (at least get a feedback), in addition any course can apply engineering, accounting, law, french, medicine, Yoruba language etc....... However, the test is very tricky and the cutoff mark is quite high (if you are invited prepare very hard). They do not call more than eight people for the test on any particular day.

Even though they collect application all year round the intake is either for the fall (September) or spring (January) period.

Finally, they are reputed to be one of the best management consulting firm in the world. Its a good place to start your career.

Goodluck Guys

thanks linx

@linx nyc one bro....wow, so they wont actually process anytn witout transcripts?

MIB
    I dnt agree with linx in the aspect of ''wont process ur application without transcript''.. A lady that did the test earlier told us about her ordeal, she said u could inform the company that u dnt have ur transcript with u and that it takes time before u can get it.. so pple followed her advice, did exactly as she said and they got a reply from mckinsey that no problem and that they would continue with the application but with a stern warning that they should get it ready in due time? and lastly, we dnt actually know what their grade requirements are whether 2 :1 or 2 : 2 but one thing for sure that I know about reputable organisations is that they base their shortlisting on the bases of hw well u fill ur application form, hw well u can explain urself and relate to the questions they ask, No company wants to exploy a bookworm with little charisma or low self exteme, I know this cos I did an interview with. british council, I was the least qualified, interms of grade, experience, age and all but I still squeezed myself in. when I was been interviewed I was told '' the reason why u're here today is because u understand what we are look for'', british council recruitment is quiet similar to mckinsey, aside ur CV, u are also asked to fill an application form with formats, so my best suggestion is that we sit tight and watch hw the scene unfolds, we should disregard thoughts of grades/degree or transcript scare. 1love house

@MIB thanks for your input,i just submitted mine hoping for the best.thanks once again

@MIB,

Linx said Mckinsey will not process your application to the test stage without the transcript.

It doesnt mean they cant give you more time to get it if you dont have it at that moment. I think the lady in question you referred to still had to submit her transcript after two months before being invited for the test.

So linx is right. Transcript is very very important to get to the test stage.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast