+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Topic: IBM recruiting graduate trainees in nigeria!

Re: IBM recruiting graduate trainees in nigeria!

Quote Originally Posted by devin274u View Post
    did a 22mins telephone interview on the 3rd of this month from a lady in lagos. was also told i would have to come down for a face to face interview soon. i'm based in the UK. oh, and by the way, the telephone interview was routine questions like 'talk about urself', what are ur aspirations..etc
    im confused, you guys having a telephone interview have you not done a face to face interview, because i have had a face to face but never had a telephone, I guess for those who aren't in Lago phone interview is their own first round am I right?

Quote Originally Posted by nefertiti View Post
    im confused, you guys having a telephone interview have you not done a face to face interview, because i have had a face to face but never had a telephone, I guess for those who aren't in Lago phone interview is their own first round am I right?
    For those that could not make it from outside Lagos for the 1st round face to face interview, they had the option of doing it via telephone end April / beg May (when 1st round face to face interviews were conducted). However, it looks like those outside Lagos had telephone interviews again today. I reside in Lagos and was not called last night to arrange one.

Please can some one help me out with this question, for those that has done both the telephone and the face to face interview,was it the same question,cos for me i have done the telephone but not done the face to face..please what does the face to face look like as per the question,please comment.

I did a telephone interview today (had to do it cos i presently work outside Lagos). As I was told, final stage will be sometime next week, gonna be an interview with the country manager.

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    I did a telephone interview today (had to do it cos i presently work outside Lagos). As I was told, final stage will be sometime next week, gonna be an interview with the country manager.
    What I dont understand is why so far only people that live outside Lagos have done the 2nd round telephone interview? Or are people not just talking?

Could it be they are only interested in you if you are outside Lagos..

Quote Originally Posted by angolvagyok87 View Post
    What I dont understand is why so far only people that live outside Lagos have done the 2nd round telephone interview? Or are people not just talking?

Could it be they are only interested in you if you are outside Lagos..
    Very interesting conversation here. Well I'm also based outside Lagos. Yes it's possible they are just trying to confirm our commitments to the job if offered. Because the interviewer asked if I can move to Lag when offered a place. He told me this is the second to the last stage and that he was gonna get back to me by Friday for the final assessment. Plus it's gonna be a six months induction program in different countries. My take is those in Lag would be contacted later since there is no relocation challenge. cheers folks

@ Zapatero,what was the face to face interview like,was it the same with the telephone interview, cos i have done the telephone but i have not done the face to face.the final assessment will be friday this week or next week.

Quote Originally Posted by balotele View Post
    @ Zapatero,what was the face to face interview like,was it the same with the telephone interview, cos i have done the telephone but i have not done the face to face.the final assessment will be friday this week or next week.

Well it was sort of interactive with other candidates. Questions are thrown out and you are all required to respond. The questions were personality sort of. Non technical at all. It Lasted 1hr.

So exactly what I was expecting has happened. I have been made another job offer and I am expected to start in June. I have not signed any contracts yet but I don't know how long I can hold off while witing to hear back from IBM. I wonder if I can email them and explain my situation, if it wil make a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by nefertiti View Post
    So exactly what I was expecting has happened. I have been made another job offer and I am expected to start in June. I have not signed any contracts yet but I don't know how long I can hold off while witing to hear back from IBM. I wonder if I can email them and explain my situation, if it wil make a difference.
    I got a call today from them, so I suggest you wait a bit longer and keep praying!

Afz

I got a call today from them, so I suggest you wait a bit longer and keep praying!
    hi anglovagyok87, I'm assuming u also did the f2f interview in lagos. Would you be able to share what the phone call was about pls? thanks

oh really? thats good. What was the phone call about? was it another interview? Well I emailed them last night explaining my situation so hopefully i'll get a response soon. Thanks

@ nefertiti have u been contacted regarding telephone interview ? Cos I did mine interview on the 2nd of this month, and am yet to receive another invite regarding a telephone interview

+ Reply
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast