+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Equity Research Assistant Lagos (Entry-Level)

Equity Research Assistant Lagos (Entry-Level)

An investment research company seeks to immediately hire an Equity Research Assistant. The ideal candidate should have 1 - 2 years experience working in the investment research or asset management division of an investment bank, brokerage firm or pension fund. This is an excellent opportunity to LEARN and GROW in a successful firm for a bright recent graduate with either financial internships during college or professional examinations enrolled with certain stages already passed. Career seekers in equity research sought; job seekers need not bother applying as they will be exposed.

Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
    - Collect data, summarize notes
    - Assist with reporting in Excel
    - Conduct research on the internet
    - Handle requests from the Head of Research and an Analyst
    - Call companies under coverage to get information; compile information
    - Special projects as necessary
    - Provide support by performing market analysis
    - Monitor company/sector news and events and perform other related duties as assigned
    - Update the company's website daily with the required information.
    - Increase our client base through reaching out to new clients and explaining our research products and why they need to patronize us. This shows you believe in what you are doing and its relevance.

Requirements:
    - Minimum of a 4-year degree (2'1 or better) in Economics, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, Accountancy or Business Administration. 2',2 considered only if prior experience in equity research exist.
    - Must pass our quantitative aptitude test (No exceptions)
    - Either financial internships during school or enrolled in professional exams that the knowledge base is useful to an equity research assistant: CIS, CFA, ACA or ACCA
    - Some knowledge of finance and the stock market is REQUIRED
    - Experience using the internet to search for varied information successfully
    - Strong writing, communication, and analytical skills
    - Very strong computer skills, especially on Excel
    - Significant experience with Excel
    - Desire for a career in investment research and not just curious about a new job
    - Comfortable communicating with other people in person and over the phone and confident to face challenges and work under pressure.
    - Comfortable reaching out to potential clients to increase patronage of our research products
    - Comfortable thinking outside the box and taking initiative

For the right candidate, this role could lead to growth into an Analyst role down the road.

For candidates without any work experience, only applicants that completed their NYSC program this year (2011) will be considered for interviews. Kindly take note!

Candidates that meet the above requirements should email their CVs to [email protected]. Application closes on October 14th, 2011. Successful candidate must be ready to resume work full-time within the next two weeks.

Re: Equity Research Assistant Lagos (Entry-Level)

boss wot is d name of dis ur firm abi he no get 1

yeye advert...

Quote Originally Posted by georgeee View Post
    yeye advert...

Are you alright? Please state what makes the advert a yeye advert and we will take it from there.

Quote Originally Posted by realunits View Post
    Still wondering if i should use online application

Go ahead and send them your CV by email if you are interested. I can see an email address in the OP's write-up.

@ighoeve,4rm ur past comments u seem 2 b quite exposed but i must say u just fall my hand .where in d world have u seen a proper job advert been covert ?doesnt dat defeat d purpose of d advert ,which is d search 4 qualified personnel? So dont blame d guy 4 be cynical.

Quote Originally Posted by kazal View Post
    @ighoeve,4rm ur past comments u seem 2 b quite exposed but i must say u just fall my hand .where in d world have u seen a proper job advert been covert ?doesnt dat defeat d purpose of d advert ,which is d search 4 qualified personnel? So dont blame d guy 4 be cynical.
    I assume you are very, very new to the world of job search; perhaps you completed NYSC in 2009 or 2010. That is why I will explain to you and not debate with you or try to outsmart you. It is my duty as a Senior Member on Naijahotjobs to do that. And mind you, I am still very very very very exposed. There is no argument about that, and you had better not be disappointed in any of my comments that do not intersect with your line of reasoning. They will only help you see things from another perspective, perhaps from a more experienced perspective, and this will help you learn and grow. The life did not start yesterday.

Now, to the explanation, let me start with Nigeria. If you were an ardent reader of the Vacancy Sections of The Guardian Newspaper, Punch Newspaper, et al, you would know that a myriad of 'proper' companies advertise 'proper' jobs 'covertly'. I am sure you understand that a myriad does NOT mean ALL. The usual phrase such companies use is: a reputable company seeks.....blah blah blah. If you think I am making things up, then please go and buy Tuesday Guardian and Thursday Punch. You would be amazed at what you would discover. To buttress my point further, the same BAT that all of you are dying to work for today, my brother got in there when they just started manufacturing cigarettes in Nigeria. He got in there by responding to an advert of a company that was not disclosed to him. It was later he realized that the company was BAT. In fact, it was only recently that BAT started putting adverts in the National Dailies or on the Internet. Another example is efinance, a very reputable website for finance jobs in the world. Most of the adverts there are covert! The adverts are usually along the line of: my clients need blah blah or a reputable company needs or, you know, something of that covert nature.

I know you didn't know all these things before, but I implore you to please learn not to generalize very quickly. This is a skill that will help you, just in case you want to become a global colleague. I believe you are very ambitious and are aspiring to be one. Many Nigerians, not all sha, are very good at hasty generalization. They even argue what they don't know! This, in my opinion, is pathetic. It only goes to show how unexposed some of them have chosen to be. Please don't be like them.

Again, it is my duty as a Senior Member on this forum to explain to anybody I feel needs a detailed explanation. That is why I have taken my very expensive time to explain all these things to you..

I hope you have seen another perspective on the issue at hand.

Quote Originally Posted by ighoeve View Post
    Go ahead and send them your CV by email if you are interested. I can see an email address in the OP's write-up.
    Ighoeve, na me u dey talk to say i dey alright....not to worry , i wont trade words with a goon like u.. it's up to u if u cant differentiate ur left from ur right

Quote Originally Posted by ighoeve View Post
    Are you alright? Please state what makes the advert a yeye advert and we will take it from there.

Quote Originally Posted by georgeee View Post
    Ighoeve, na me u dey talk to say i dey alright....not to worry , i wont trade words with a goon like u.. it's up to u if u cant differentiate ur left from ur right
    You know, some of us have consistently differentiated our left from our right. We only need to help others do so.

By the way, you still have not shown me what makes the advert yeye. You would do great by showing me.

well as usual neva disapoints,always defensive n emotional less objective.4 instance,d fact dat who u know is d pervasive means to an end in naija does not mean it is right and we should encourage it.

well as usual neva disapoints, defensive n emotional less objective.4 instance,d fact dat who u know is d pervasive means to an end in naija does not mean it is right and we should encourage it. so, pls lets be more objective n less sentimental

Okay people, I will exit this section of the forum by giving details on the company.

One of my naija friends worked there for more than one year before she resigned and came for her second degree in finance at a university here in Western Europe, precisely in the UK. Although her monthly pay WAS not great, she learnt a lot and was given plenty responsibilities and opportunities to learn and develop herself. She learnt in less than one year what others are still learning after 5 years of working. I have no doubt that she will be with Goldman Sachs or JP Morgan after her second degree because she knows very well what all these companies want. To put it straight, she is a good analyst.

So, if you feel you are smart, you can withstand pressure and you have a strong ability in both written and spoken English language, then please go ahead and apply. You may not get more than 100K per month, but you will learn about investment banking. See the profiles of people working for the firm here Research Team

The firm does what is done at the front offices of top investment banks. In a typical investment bank, investment research is one of the business areas at the front office and that is exactly what the company does. It is a good starting point for those who want to earn armed robber salaries in the near future.

By the way, I will continue to give relevant information to people on this forum. I feel it is my duty to help others, at least those that share the same level of ambition with me.

Please go to the sites below.

Investment Research Nigeria

Employment

Research Team

Cheers...am off here!

+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast