+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: A DILEMMA FROM FIDELITY BANK

A DILEMMA FROM FIDELITY BANK

House pls help me out here: I studied Elect Elect Eng., and I just joined MainOne Cable Coy (In Dec 2010), but Fidelity Bank has just invited me for an interview this friday by 3pm and on that day I hv a Web based training with my coy from 1pm -6pm.

What do I do? Shid Igo or to do I stay bk for my training.

Your candid advice will be highly appreciated.

Thanks
    "

Re: A DILEMMA FROM FIDELITY BANK

@ saint N,

Quote Originally Posted by saint N
    House pls help me out here: I studied Elect Elect Eng., and I just joined MainOne Cable Coy (In Dec 2010), but Fidelity Bank has just invited me for an interview this friday by 3pm and on that day I hv a Web based training with my coy from 1pm -6pm.

What do I do? Shid Igo or to do I stay bk for my training.

Your candid advice will be highly appreciated.

Thanks
    You have the Answer already mate; Fidelity Bank only invited you for an Interview "NOT" to come & collect your Appointment Letter for "MANAGEMENT/GRADUATE TRAINEE" But you've secured an Opening in Main One Cable and everything been equal, this Month end whether the Devil likes it or not,you're going Home with December Salary,so Bros......No make mistake oooooooo.don't leave CERTAINTY for UNCERTAINTY.
    The Final Decision is yours man...........Good luck.

Dejavu

@ Saint N, there's someone i know that had her interview rescheduled, you can call their HR and ask them for rescheduling too (just give them enoguh reasons sha).
    Also, their interview never starts early, it commences by 5 or 6pm. So if they refuse to reschedule, im sure you can still meet up wit the interview after your training since they'll be interviewing others first.
    But i'll advise you not to miss your training in your new firm, cos its a certainty you re wit them bt fidelity is stil uncertain at this point.
    Lastly, u studied E.E so your new firm will surely give u a beta career path than fide bnk (although you may be considering the pay too).

A bird at hand they say worth more than millions in the bush mate, as u ve been advised, call the hr to reschedule, otherwise, hold on selfishly to ur present job oh

my guy i want to believe you can still manage to meet both ends.....which ever way, make sure u don't miss youe new coy's training....a bird at hand....

three birds in hand is worth more than one in hand and two in the bush.in other words,make sure u do your training and attend the interview.there is always a way out when u think of one.

Go 4 ur training, very imptnt, cook up 1 excuse and tell the bank HR dat it would render u indisposed for d intvw. If ok, ask 4 anoda appointment; if odawise. then bone it.

@ Saint N....Please do not jeopardize your position with your new firm. From what I hear, MainOne is a good coy and has already declared profit after only 6months of being in business. My research also shows they take good care of their own remuneration wise. Banks on the other hand......with your degree my guess is that you might want to develop a career in your primary area of specialization.

In other words, please attend your training and if you cannot reschedule your interview with Fidelity bank, fine; other better opportunities will come up.

All the best!!!

@all.......... Thanks 4 ur candid advice, they all went a long way in influencing my decision which is: will attend the training which starts frm 12:00 GMT then leave for the interview @ abt 1400GMT.

Thanks u all again.
    But if u still hv any advice 4 me i will welcome it my mind isnt made up yet.
    "

leave d Fidelity job for those u dont have one already please

Rest my brother at ur present job,I think for now all u need is to study ur present job,and as an engineer u are in ur field release now and b focus

I will advice you go for ur training becos d fidelity interview which i have done do not start until 5pm so u can meet albeit late. God will see u through.

Thanks u all dudes: sidi, spicyval,maymartins,testimony1, etc,cnt mention all ur names hear, u folks r wondaful. I really appreciate the advice.

Thanks folks, once again.

I will advice you go for ur training becos d fidelity interview which i have done do not start until 5pm so u can meet albeit late. God will see u through.

finks thats wht i will do
    "

+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast