+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: little dilemma fidelity bank/construction firm offer

little dilemma fidelity bank/construction firm offer

please house need ur advice. got an offer of as an auditor for 1.2 million from a construction firm.also got an offer from fidelity bank for training school for N40,000 for 3 months.i am a bit confused.which one should i choose.does anyone know how much fidelity pays after training school?thanks

Re: little dilemma fidelity bank/construction firm offer

Now I dont know the position offerd to u at Fidelity, but If i were to sugest, take on the construction job cos not only for the pay, but experience as an Auditor. It will build you in the future. tHANKS.

hi,

know someone that got an offer from fidelity too, after 3 months dey pay u 120k which is 40k for those three months in training skool, when u are done with training school, you will be paid 75k every month until u are confirmed as a staff.. after ur confirmation.... your salary is slacked to 45k every month..........then 85k every quarter as bonus and you get 700,000k at the end of the year

so total after confimation is

45K * 12 = 720k
    85k * 4 = 340k
    700k * 1= 700k
    total 1,760, 000(annual)

dats wat he said.. how true.. i dnt know... find out better.. do the math.. i dont know d tax.. but im sure its not bad... make ur choice... congratulations

I worked in fidelity bank before, and if u are going in as entry level which is EAT; your annual package on your letter is 1.8m. However, the monthly pay is about 20 something K for 1st of the month and about 80 something k for 23rd of the month( depends on ur notch cos there is EAT 1,2, and 3), meaning salary is paid twice in a month.
    Also, you receive about 60 something k quaterly and when you are confirmed; u are paid over 700k for upfront but ur salary then drops.

Please be Spiritual about it i.e pray to know which is really yours among the two.
    All the best!!
    Congrts once again for the double offer,i pray 4 such 4 myself toooo.

@FAVOURALWAYS& NURUDEEN... OW LONG IS D CONFIRMATION GONNA TAKE.. 1 YEAR??... ND I HEARD THERE IS ALWAYS DISCRIMINATION IN D BANK .. LYK SALARY DISCRIMINATION... AND THE ENVIRONMENT ISNT TOO FRIENDLY TO ANY YORUBA STAFF SINCE THEY'RE ALL IBOS... AND THEN, I HEARD WE'RE SUPPOSED TO BE POSTED TO D EASTERN STATES.. PLS CUD U GUYS HELP CONFIRM THESE... I AV DECISIONS TO MAKE ON THIS OFFER THING!!!... GOD BLESS U!

Congrat.

God will guide u aright.

Asa

hello langange,
    like the last person said,you really need to pray about it.my brother is with fidelity and i got to see his offer letter as a BT(ie bank trainee)for 1M.on confirmation the pay 1.2 as EAT,now other banks will usually start you as ET as against EAT1,2,3 the EA and ET in fidelity.this means if u have a friend that got same opportunity in other banks,as ET, in 4years time if fidelity gives him an offer,he will be your BOss.
    monthly pay is 20+18k,quaterly=80k and upfront =400.
    when you calculate everything,you get 1.2k.pray about it but if i were you,i'd take the auditing job

Quote Originally Posted by didi ade
    @FAVOURALWAYS& NURUDEEN... OW LONG IS D CONFIRMATION GONNA TAKE.. 1 YEAR??... ND I HEARD THERE IS ALWAYS DISCRIMINATION IN D BANK .. LYK SALARY DISCRIMINATION... AND THE ENVIRONMENT ISNT TOO FRIENDLY TO ANY YORUBA STAFF SINCE THEY'RE ALL IBOS... AND THEN, I HEARD WE'RE SUPPOSED TO BE POSTED TO D EASTERN STATES.. PLS CUD U GUYS HELP CONFIRM THESE... I AV DECISIONS TO MAKE ON THIS OFFER THING!!!... GOD BLESS U!
    yes, it is very true that the environment is unfriendly and that there is discrimination against Yoruba people especially if you are not in a western state. Usually confirmation is after six months but very few people get confirmed after since months; your MPR and appraisal determines this weather you are an Operations staff or marketing staff; you still need to be over 50% of your MPR. However all in all, the pay is good but the bank is a strict one.

Quote Originally Posted by Asa
    hello langange,
    like the last person said,you really need to pray about it.my brother is with fidelity and i got to see his offer letter as a BT(ie bank trainee)for 1M.on confirmation the pay 1.2 as EAT,now other banks will usually start you as ET as against EAT1,2,3 the EA and ET in fidelity.this means if u have a friend that got same opportunity in other banks,as ET, in 4years time if fidelity gives him an offer,he will be your BOss.
    monthly pay is 20+18k,quaterly=80k and upfront =400.
    when you calculate everything,you get 1.2k.pray about it but if i were you,i'd take the auditing job
    Wrong info. BT use to be the entry level before March 2009, EAT is the entry level and those who are still on the BT grade gets upgraded to EAT on confirmation

@Lagange!
    There are lots of factors that could influence ones decisions when it comes to an issue like this.
    For instance, your career interest matters a lot. If you really want to be a fulfilled accountant, I suggest you go for the Auditing job. Money always seems to be the deciding factor when many of us pick up jobs; but sooner we realize that what we really want from our job is not money but fulfillment (It takes time to really find this out). However, the pedigree of the Construction firm matters too. If it's a lowly rated firm, you may really not find the kind of challenges that will mature you in your chosen profession.
    As for the Bank stuff, I guess you already have reasonable info as given from most of the replies above.
    In all, it's the Almighty God that can give you the best direction....so seek him diligently and he'll direct your path.
    Goodluck!
    No One Will Know You Are Honest Unless You Give Out Samples!

@simple b,wwww ,dagunro,
    thanks for ur great enlightening
    advice.
    @nurudeen java thanks for the info.
    @cadian thanks for the prayer
    @asa & dagunro thanks for your candid advice
    @favouralwas thanks for both information and advice.
    God bless u all.i will make my decision within d first 4 days in training school,cos i will hve to resume in the construction firm by JAN 10.THANKS

@Lagange!
    Wish you good luck in whichever decision you eventually make as per the job offers!
    No One Will Know You Are Honest Unless You Give Out Samples!

sorry,d salary package stated above by u guyz for fidelity bank, is it for ond or bsc (contract staff or core staff)

+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast