+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: 2nd Class Lower and Age Discrimation. WHAT SHALL WE THEN SAY?

2nd Class Lower and Age Discrimation. WHAT SHALL WE THEN SAY?

Honestly I felt very very grateful to God 2day that I made a 2:1. U dnt actually appreciate it until u c how those who have not made it are being denied of "life" {if i can use dat word}. I felt very bad for those guys that were refused 2day cos of either 2:2 or above 26.

Realy God will open doors for everyone of us.
    Take solace in this. even the 2:1 pple are still not sure of being taken.
    I appreciate the guy dat wished us well. I wont forget ur last statement "WE'LL SEE AT THE TOP"
    We will definitely do. {afterall its not ur fault dat u came with dat grade as u said}.

and pls dnt ever say it again dat u r disappointed in urself. Move on my man

One luv!

Re: 2nd Class Lower and Age Discrimation. WHAT SHALL WE THEN SAY?

i dont believe in d discriminatn btw 2:1 n 2:2,some had d 2:1 bt dey dont merit it,i think is a matter of wat u av 2 offer n nt wat u had in school,alot of some 1st class candidates r still out dere searchin so wats d P

OMO... THE ULTIMATE THING IS NOT WHAT YOU HAVE BUT THE FAVOR OF GOD... BUT JOB EMPLOYERS SHOULD BASE IT ON ACTUALLY "ALLOWING EVERY1 TO PROVE WHAT THEY CAN DO...I THINK WE ARE GETTING THERE.. MEANWHILE IF YOU KNOW ANYONE IS TOP POSITION START PREACHING THIS TO THEM.......AND IF LUCK ALSO WORKS FOR YOU.....DO NOT CONTINUE THE DISCRIMINATION...ONE LOVE

i'm not oblivious of the circumstances that led me to making a 2.2.yet i know i can compete favorably with 1st class candidates world over and with God ON MY SIDE i must make IT.It's ur mind that makes the difference.IT IS NOT IN THE 1ST CLASS,2.1 OR 3RD CLASS

its not easy but when its ur time nothing wud stop u.not even ur degree.i made 2.2 bt i still believe i wud definetly av a testimony

SURE

God am sure will never forget his own people

[size=11pt]Have a bachelor’s degree in any of the Social sciences disciplines with a minimum of 2nd class lower (An MBA may be an added advantage).[/size]
    PLS 2.2 IS NOT A FAILURE.HOPE NOT LOST WISH THE 2.2 THE BEST THIS YEAR.ONLY LOVE IN GOD WE TRUST.

Our client is an ICT company based in Port Harcourt and currently handling projects for various companies in both public and private sectors in Rivers State. Due to expansion in her business, our client is currently looking for suitable qualified candidates to occupy the following positions:

Head, Business Development (HBD)-Reporting to the Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer, he/she is to assist the MD/CEO in the day-to-day function of driving the company’s business. In addition to assisting the MD/CEO the HBD is the Business Development and Strategy Officer of the company and will be largely responsible for overall work performance of the company. This means that Head, Business Development usually oversees most or all of the firm's marketing and sales functions as well as the day-to-day operations of the business, responsible for managing both the revenue and cost elements of a company's income statement. Frequently, the HBD is also responsible for leading, coordinating and monitoring the strategic functions of the staff.
    Other Tasks include:
    • Market and technology research
    • Formulation of Strategy
    • Marketing, advertising, and promotion planning
    • Sales organization planning and development
    • Business planning.
    The key performance indicators for this level will be the growth of the company in term of business expansion and profitability.
    The ideal candidate should:
    • Have a bachelor’s degree in any of the Social sciences disciplines with a minimum of 2nd class lower (An MBA may be an added advantage).
    • Have a minimum of 3yrs cognate work experience in the field.
    • Be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and PowerPoint applications.
    • Have a keen eye for detail.
    How to Apply: Send CV/Resumes to [email protected]

Head, Account and Administration- reporting to the MD/CEO, will be responsible for management of the company resources -both human and materials for cost effectiveness. Furthermore, he/she will coordinate activities within various departments within the organizations and ensures that human and material resources are correctly utilized. As Account Manager, he/she will be responsible for supervision of proper book keeping of accounts and management of cash, receivables, payroll and other company fixed asset. Furthermore, he/she will directly be responsible for the preparation and control of budgets, preparation and analysis of periodic financial statements, and generating reports to assist management in making informed decisions.
    The performance indicators are:
    • Timely and accurate rendering of financial reports.
    • Efficient and highly motivated work force.
    • Minimal downtime of office equipments
    • Conducive office environment.
    The ideal candidate should:
    • Have a bachelor’s degree in any of the Accounting with a minimum of 2nd class lower (An MBA may be an added advantage).
    • Possess or be working towards his/her ICAN Certification.
    • Have a minimum of 3yrs cognate work experience in the field.
    • Be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and PowerPoint applications.
    • Have a keen eye for detail.
    How to Apply: Send CV/Resumes to [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by clergy
    its not easy but when its ur time nothing wud stop u.not even ur degree.i made 2.2 bt i still believe i wud definetly av a testimony
    @clergy....these words are divine i must confess. not becos u r clergy, but becos it hit deep in me. 10x

@dynamic fellow, where were people refused? Was it based on both age and grade or one of them? Just got curious cos ur post wasnt realy complete. Tell the house so that those above 26 will not waste their time applying to such a company. It was good of u to say it the way it is.
    B

God will make everything perfect in his time.what about those who had 2.1 in none calculating disciplines who are finding it difficult to compete with others(2.1,2.2,first class).I strongly believe the recruitment process needs a change.it needs to create a neutral platform where people irrespective of their grades would compete INTELLECTUALLY. No beef i also had 2.1
    i r c

mmmmmmmmmmmm....................i dont even know what to say to this thread.guys i'm pissed off.this country has changed my orientation 2 life..the zeal,passion and resilence in me is gradually going down.i came out with 2.1 but my fear is dat there are some jobs i cant apply or put in for like mgt trainee and graduate trainee due to my age.i am 29yrs old now and graduated in 2007 with 2.1 in industrial and labour relations (ILR) at olabisi onabanjo university Ago-woye,ogun state.And many jobs i have seen within my age bracket requires much of Exeperience.
    guys its not about ur result,its all about BABA GOD!! and the people u know.
    But no matter what happens,i have made up my mind....."I WILL WAIT TILL MY CHANGE COME" AND WAIT FOR THE TIME OF THE ALMIGHTY

THE FEAR OF NIGERIA LABOUR MARKET SHOULD REALLY BE THE BEGINNING OF REBRANDING IN THIS COUNTRY. I FEEL SO DUMB FOUNDED WHEN I HEAR OR SEE RECRUITMENT EXERCISES BEEN BASED ON RESULT GRADE AND AGE WITHOUT PUTTING INTO CONSIDERATION WHAT THE CANDIDATE HAS TO OFFER.I THINK THE HEAD OF HR DEPARTMENT IN THIS COUNTRY REALLY NEED TO DO A PROPER RETHINK OF THE CRITERIA BEEN USED, ELSE THEYWILL ONLY BE EMPLOYING RESULT-BASED EMPLOYEE AND NOT PERFORMANCE -BASED COS ITS QUITE OBVIOUS THAT MOST PEOPLE PAY SO MUCH MONEY TO LECTURERS TO GET SUCH GRADE WHILE THOSE WHO READ HARD ARE DENIED SUCH SIMPLY BECAUSE THEY CANT AFFORD SUCH MONEY.

+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast