+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Topic: NYSC SHOULD BE SCRAPPED. IT'S ALMOST USELESS.

NYSC SHOULD BE SCRAPPED. IT'S ALMOST USELESS.

CORPERS ARE BEING SENT OUT TO UNFAMILIAR STATES TO SUFFER AND PERISH. I THINK D GOVERNMENT SHOULD JUST GIVES US WATEVA PAY 4 THE YEAR IMMEDIATELY AFTER GRADUATION, SO WE CAN START UP OUR OWN LIVES IN OWN WAY. SAVING D 1 YEAR OF FUSTRATION 4 BETTER LIVING.

Re: NYSC SHOULD BE SCRAPPED. IT'S ALMOST USELESS.

True talk stylez and the government does not even care d truth is dat the 1 yr is jst a year of frustration. God pls help us out

am in support of dat. Imagine wat happened 2 3 corpers in Jos in 2008, nothing was done 2 der family. another problem yestday; who knows weder dey will still use corper as sacrifice in d town. let nysc be scrap now.

my brda im in support, wen i served in bauchi state 7 died, nd nw people r stl dying, wt is federal govt doin abt dis? i think nysc shld b 4feitd

Nysc is a waste of time

I also support d program 2 b scraped or made voluntary. Imagine am undergoin mine in offa kwara state not doing anytin, infact i av 4mths left n yet gain sometin. The govt shud learn to value peoples time. No equality in d program. Some working in nice establishmt y some in remote areas n some nt doin anytin. 4gt about wastin money make it voluntary or u pay us off. Imagine kwara state nt recognising corpers,d govnor does nt pay us state we spend only federal.
    NIGERIANS LETS WAKE UP FROM OUR SLUMBER

i really think dis NYSC should be scrapped.if u ask me d programme is not 4 d benefit of d youths anymore but d people who r benefittin g from d allocation of funds.

I believe one of the reasons the NYSC is still is because some individuals benefit hugely from the budget voted for the NYSC annually

Scrap the stupid thing.........That's my verdict

Let them scrap the useless thing.
    f.c.

gzl

@STYLEZ, you didn't get it right: NYSC is not "almost useless",it is "actually useless".
    The people at the top are feeding fat from it and the youths are suffering for it. The deliberate killing of "Non-indigenous Corpers & christians" in the North is a big course for alarm.I was posted to Yobe state and my PPA was in one desert: a boarder to Niger Republic. I can tell you,those people are "backward".I finished service October 2009 & eversince,I'v been Job-hunting even though I have a good result.
    I MOVE THE MOTION FOR THE SCRAPPING OF NYSC: those in support say "Aye"?
    "You don't win the Silver, You only lose the Gold"...ENGR-GENERAL OF THE FEDERATION (1ST)

Hi

@gzl u r very CORRECT, i served in yobe state too n in dapchi, i was in d secretariat n dts where u c d height of illiteracy, even d head of corpers had only sch cert, an insult to my person we had to beg 4 clearance after others had signed, d NYSC stuff doesn't make sense posting those of ur from d south there bcos there is on impact of us on them n them on us, they r soooooo backwards n dumb, don't think its nigeria n hw many pple from yobe state go to sch let alone serve outside d state. Its so annoyin n frustratin wit d peanut allowee d give us, its not even enough 4 a month. The govt shld ve a rethink abt d scheme. I support una 4 d scrappin of dis tin.

gzl

@maybaby, I was posted to MACHINA. It's definitely a very familiar name to u.
    I hate those people (God have mercy on me, cos it's a sin 2 hate anybody), they have no well-qualified teachers in the Northern part of dis country but yet,it's these riff-raff illiterates called people that u'll find taking advantage of the slightest provocation to kill corpers & non-Hausas or non-muslims in the name of religious crises. It's so annoying
    "You don't win the Silver, You only lose the Gold"...ENGR-GENERAL OF THE FEDERATION (1ST)

I think it is the northern states that benefit largely from NYSC. I didn't serve in the North (I served in Edo) but my siblings all served in the north- one served in Bornu, one in Bauchi while one is currently serving in Bauchi too. The govt does not even care about the plight of corpers. Some have died in the cause of service their fatherland while some have been maimed for life.

I think the government should make a one-off payment to graduates as soon as they finish school so that they can start their lives (at least N100,000 or N150,000..) rather than make the youths waste a full year for nothing.

I support the motion that NYSC should be scraped!
    To God be the glory!

+ Reply
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast