+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Packing for NYSC orientation Camp Registration

Packing for NYSC orientation Camp Registration

Packing for NYSC orientation Camp Registration
    ]Getting ready to go to the NYSC orientation camp is a bit confusing, primarily because it’s your first and only time. Sometimes the misguided assumption is that its just three weeks so anything will be okay, That couldn’t be farther from the truth. Assuming that you would have the time to wash your clothes often, or the confidence to spread them out to dry ( we cant assume that a university degree certifies an individuals honesty or decency ) may be catastrophic.
    The NYSC orientation camp is extremely tedious, some camps far more than others. After a week of gruelling exercises which may include saturdays too, you may not be too enthusiastic about looking for the usually scarce water ( clean or unclean )and baking under the hot sun while you wash. This doesn’t mean that you won’t wash, but somehow you have to ensure that you reduce the number of times you’ll need to wash during the orientation camp to the barest minimum.
    With this at the back of your mind here are some priceless things that you should have in abundance when you go to the orientation camp
    ? White ‘t-shirts’ : as many as possible, you’ll need them, you’ll usually be safe from any ‘dress-code’ problems if you have a lot of these
    ? White Shorts : These are supposed to come with your kit, but wisdom or experience will teach you not to rely on the ‘wearability’ of these. In other words, buy a couple for yourself.Three or Four will be enough to get you by, but you can have a few extra if it wont be a bother.
    ? Underwear : Whatever this is for you (male or female ) these should also not be in short supply. As absurd as it is, people actually steal these so you may not be too excited about washing and spreading. Ensure that you have enough. ‘Enough’ would depend on your perceived level of personal hygiene
    ? A torch light : Whatever happens you’ll need this. Whilst the company in charge of distributing power clearly identifies itself as power ‘holding’ , assuming that your orientation camp will have electricity is a bit too much. Take a torch light , and a good supply of batteries
    ? Camping Jacket : This is a bit more than the average sweater or woollen pull-over, its more like what you see ski competitors put on. The reason is that depending on what part of the country you are sent to, this may literally just save your life. All of the northern states are reputed to be quite cold ( remember that your day begins between 5:00 am and 5:30am ), Plateau state is extremely cold . I’ll recommend that anyone deployed to plateau state should go adequately prepared.
    ? Disinfectants : Water is scarce and hardly ever clean so it is wise to go with this and avoid the usual rashes and reactions that occur before your body adapts- if it ever does.
    ? Waist Pouch : This will act as your central bank, personal vault and secure safe. It will go with you to the bathroom ( after a brief stop over at the toilet ), march with you on the parade ground and sleep with you when the day is over. Anything that would have gone into your wallet or purse before the orientation camp will go here. Get a good, strong one and keep it close.
    So thats the list it will be updated with what ever new items come up over time .

Re: Packing for NYSC orientation Camp Registration

Nice one, keep it up.

Thank you dearly. Information is power
    Need a laptop free of charge? Sign up at http://www.ezlaptop.com/?r=409542 im a living testimony. For more detail call 08068647859

@donchinchin, other clothings are not ban persay jus dat u may not need dem on camp. As 4 laptops, guess it depend on ur camp. if u can safely keep it, why not? but remember, u dont av all the time to yourself or to look after your properties and u dont av anyone to blame wen it get missing. BE WISE!

Thanks a million u hav ease my worries of what to take along
    I appreciate, keep it up

Very hearty congratulations to the newest set of corps members!.....well I need not say too much, kudos to samx because he has explained all you need to know in a nutshell......
    But you sure can use this.....

1. Please do not take unnecessary things you do not need along with you, you may just be advertising to those who need them and I assure you, they will be stolen. Therefore just carry whatever you feel you can carry.

2. Do not take too much money with you if you are the carefree nature, ensure your ATM is credited with enough funds for you; however, some camps do operate the ATM system while some don't. And if you can carry a lot more with you, then you'll do well to keep them safe in your pouch.

3. You might want to take a few other things with you, PROVISIONS, dry and non-perishable snack because it’s not all the time you'll like the Food served by the camp authorities, and thus; it's not all MAMMY FOOD that's good so try taking some beverage, garri, and other things you'll like to eat while you are at home.
    You might need a Cup with sealed cover, a Food flask for your food, a plate, two cover bowls for miscellaneous. Bring your cutlery along with you....

4. It might interest you that the camp might want to organize a welcome party, closing party et al for you, so don’t go to camp without other mufti clothing and footwear aside the jungle boots and white tennis, you might want to go to church/mosque.

5. For convenience try buy all your usable before you go like toiletries and the likes, and then you could get a bucket/bathroom slippers et al when you get there. well for those who get irritated by mosquitoes/flies/bed bug/ant and the likes, try get a mosquito net and raid/mortein/baygon et al as you go, so you could use on your mattress in camp.

6. Please do not take your laptops/electronic gadgets/palm tops.....all those things that are very conspicuous, because you'll be drawing unnecessary attention to your self.....that might be unhealthy...just take necessary and not too flashy phones with you that can take pictures and receive calls.

7. For your laundry, try getting small rope/pegs for your white t-shirts because people steal anything, just anything in camp....so you could spread them and pack them when dry.

8. Finally, be your self on camp and make good friends. Don’t front and show yourself, be ready to learn and be taught, no one is too big or small, respect the military officers though they can't beat you, but you could be really punished, participate in what everyone is doing, be active in your platoon, join a group, MDG etc, be responsible and lead too. All this will make a way for you......

I so wish you a wonderful stay, enjoy the experience and be wiser, smarter, more brittle and tougher, it’s only for 3 weeks!....

Have fun peeps!
    be what you cant imagine to be!

Good morning Fresh Corps Members,
    i hope you are planning, strategising and organizing yourselves for one of the greatest moments of your life that you'd always regard as a memoir.

without any much further ado, please you could go ahead and purchase your NYSC scratch Cards in Afribank, N250 only and log on to the website given at the back of the card. From there you have an opportunity to have a profile of your own, fill your details correctly and attach you recent passport, save and print like 4-6 copies and keep. you might need them on camp especially for those that will be deployed to not-so-developed-states, accessing the internet in camp might be a little cumbersome, for those in Lagos state you might have the opportunities, but which ever way, print as many copies as you need. some people might say you don't need it, but just register and print, people said as much before i went to camp, but alas! i used it in my registration, those who didn't have a printout went as far as queuing up to take passport on camp. organise your self now when you have the facilities.

Please take the following along with you:

Photocopies and original of the following documents:

1. STATEMENT OF RESULT FROM YOUR SCHOOL

2. CALL UP LETTER

3. O' LEVEL RESULT

4. NYSC ONLINE REGISTRATION PRINTOUT

For your convenience take the following along:

A. 20 PASSPORT

B. Tip-Ex

C. Stapler

D. Scissors to cut (but hide it well in your bag)

FOR THOSE WHO WOULD LIKE TO REDEPLOY/RELOCATE
    TAKE ALONG THE FOLLOWING:

HEALTH GROUND:
    Take along your medical report, drug , your drugs, other medical documents that may be of use.

MARITAL GROUND (females):
    Take along your wedding certificate, your change of name documents and the photocopy and original of the newspaper page it appeared, a letter from your spouse's employer and other necessary marital documents you have acquired.

@baba Kolly...to be frank and simple......i dont think NYSC at the moment grant relocation to Males redeploying to another state, but most importantly to females, the males maybe redeployed on HEALTH GROUND or emotional attachment and the likes, but it's formally on HEALTH GROUND for guys....
    and for the married females, they will be needing the following:

original and photocopies of the following:

1. marriage certificate
    2. newspaper advertisement of change of name
    3. a letter from the spouse's employer indicating point of relocation.
    4. why i said other documents was that some people do court/registry nuptials before the church wedding ceremony.

i guess this should answer your questions

great day!

excellent information, much appreciated

NYSC it looks as if someone is wasting his/her time our Government is not using it to help the young Graduate.it look as if someone is eating good meat before later eat born .pls let our Government find a better solution to it.

hi, i have a few questions

1) is there a limit to the number of times one can login to his/her profile after registration?
    2) do i really have to carry my original credentials?? cant i just take the photocopy, cos i really dont buy the idea of carrying original documents around while travelling..
    3) how may photocopies would you advice one makes? as many as 20 each?

hi enque there's no limit to the number of times you log on using your card, since it's just one user.

well i think you might need you original credentials perhaps, all camps are not the same, mine might be different from yours, so just try and go along with it, you would not like to be sent back home to get after a devastingly long journey, depending on your state of deployment.

you could make as many copies as you would need, make excess though, cos in my own camp it was N10 and the queue was annoying.....
    just plan yourself so you wouldn't be unduly stressed.

have fun enque

Thanks for d info its really helpful knowing what to expect. Pls can u tell me what the accomodations are like?

+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast