+ Reply + New Job/Topic

Topic: GET HELP ON WHERE YOU WANT TO DO YOUR NYSC

GET HELP ON WHERE YOU WANT TO DO YOUR NYSC

Are you a prospective corp member preparing for this batch C service year? Where will you like to serve? Share your thoughts. I am actually thinking of how i may be of help especially when you have a choice of a state you would really love to serve in. Share your thoughts.........for help might be at the corner. Send me a pm.

Re: GET HELP ON WHERE YOU WANT TO DO YOUR NYSC

yeah i am......i studied petroleum engineeering in FUTO and b gods grace i made a 2,1 ...the thing is i would love to go to a place that would give me that rare opportunity to work in a firm whose core businesss is oil and gas ....i really neeed to gather that crucial working experience...........i am considering delta state .....FCT for now......not that i have got the hot source to any firms in these places .....i am just believing in the hustling spirit ...what would you advice me to do [email protected]

@ bigcycs,

I certainly will encourage people to start by growing their career in their chosen profession. I can see that desire in you. However, you must understand that some states only post corp members to schools except when you personally have an arranged offer from a company. All the same..... You have to enjoy your service year

Back to your statements. I think you do not have a bad idea thinking of Delta State. In my own opinion, i'll advice Rivers State- if u can arrange 4 an employment....some hidden details are also involved; Delta State- same as Rivers with more possibilities without an arranged offer; Lagos State- limitless options....; Kaduna State- if u r interested in NNPC, PPMC and their likes...., and Abuja- if u can lobby to be posted to some oil-related parastatals or companies.

You can send me a pm, and we can look at your best options

I'm a graduate of pol sci, and pub admin from imo state university. Would like to serve in lagos state. What are my chances of getting good job?

First and foremost i must give a kudos to you, based on the lucid analysis you gave the first questionaire. well i studied political science....from Obafemi awolowo uninversity, and am from kwara state. i wish to serve in abuja. but i dont know where exactly my luck is within the country. any advice for me?

@ tidymaster, your chances are limitless in lagos. good luck.
    @ nobal, thanks for d compliment. Life in abuja as a corper will be very interesting as you will be fraternising with the movers and shakers in d country if u are smart. not easy though except ur accommodation is outrightly taken care of. Divine providence could take you anywhere but remember and stick to your purpose. Abuja is the seat of POWER right now where decisions are made. In my opinion, u studied pol. science, a yoruba by tribe, Lagos would give you limitless opportunities. Nonetheless, you can go for the kill- take abuja, but let ur ears be close to d ground when opportunities rears up back home.

@kebbicaleb. Rivers state post corpers to schools except in the case of medical doctors and lawyers who are posted to hospitals and ministry of justice respectively.

pls,i am a graduate of marketing from one of the polytechnics in the country.Going for service next year with batch A.Where do you advise me to serve in order to gain good employment?Thanks!

is the opportunity still available? if it is, i studied economics and i wish to serve in lagos. What do i need 2 do?

@kebbicaleb

thanks 1 million and one times bro.....my email is [email protected] will be glad if you can add me and maybe we can arrange 2 hhave a chat....i will really like abuja......but of course der are very limited options......delta state seem a lot like it ...but i willl like 2 tak about this some more with you...i hope we chat soon

thanks once again bro

Quote Originally Posted by taryoudaramsy
    @kebbicaleb. Rivers state post corpers to schools except in the case of medical doctors and lawyers who are posted to hospitals and ministry of justice respectively.
    of course i know that corpers in Rivers state are posted to schools. i am only giving options and solutions in order to navigate to your desired career without wasting so much time in the job market. i hope you know that as at the time of this writing corpers posted to Rivers state who teach in rural communities outside ph main city are given 120k at the end of the service year. that is also juicy my friend, not to mention the fact that as an engineer you are close to info wrt oil and gas jobs since you are in the heart of their operational zones.

Quote Originally Posted by dharmielle
    is the opportunity still available? if it is, i studied economics and i wish to serve in lagos. What do i need 2 do?
    you will have to contact me. send me a pm.

@bigcycs, what aspect of petroleum engineering do you want to grow your career in - Reservoir, Drilling, Completions, ......name it , then i'll know how to advice you better.

@kebbicaleb

am really interested in the completions/production.....especially gas production/utilisation......am thinking of Msc relating to this.......but again am quite inexperienced on what is really sellable in the industry since am not involved...i only know in theory what i am interested in but it is different when one is involved in the workings of the industry ,,,one can be in a better position to know what areas to major in....what suggestions might you have as regards this

+ Reply