+ Reply + New Job/Topic

Topic: ALL YOU NEED TO WIN A STATE AWARD (NYSC)

ALL YOU NEED TO WIN A STATE AWARD (NYSC)

firstly,during your camping,you must involve urself in all the activities be at the parade ground on time,help in coordination your platoon draw attention of some of the NYSC officials(not too necessary).In the camp join any of the groups,but i will recommend MDGs or HIV/AIDS

stage two. in your place of primary assignment be friendly with your employers,go to work on time and respect every dime person you see there,regardless of his/her status. for they are the one that we make recommendations for your award

stage three, the most important in,ur CDS.,pick about 4 to 10 projects...like for those that will join MDGs
    u can re number street,create a special group in the community u r serving on environmental sanitation,organize free workshop/seminar on self employment for youth in the community,organize free medical/psychological counseling,organize quiz competition for student in sec school in ur local govt of service.give free computer lectures to people within the environment. make sign post of any government establishment eg roads, local govt council etc.organize mass literacy,renovate halls schools roads etc..they are lot of they.. are this should be documented with pictures attached,and you must work hard in hard with your LI(local inspector)....with these i tell you you must win
    benefits of winning award
    -it will help in yr Cv
    -you will have state recommendation
    -cash reward from govt,chief etc
    -immediate employment because on the day of yr passing out the state governor will be present , it might delight him to giv you job

enjoy yr service year...it fun,immunity

gzl

Re: ALL YOU NEED TO WIN A STATE AWARD (NYSC)

At all prospective corp members, contrary to what oligaki posted: I'ld advice anybody going on NYSC not to even put in any effort in the name of getting a useless state award. By the way, how many of u will they give the award(s) if every corper does this?
    The state award is as useless as having a President who is incapacitated.
    My advice for any corper now is to use your service year as a time to look (or seek) for a good job you'll be doing after ur service year. You don't have to be in any special CD group, don't embark on any useless project (not to talk of 4 to 10). I'm speaking from experience.
    On the issue of governor coming to ur POP (Passing-out Parade), it's going to be a futile effort. I started my own service year in Yobe state and I participated so well in almost all activities (Cooking, football, Parade: Quater-guard commander, etc) and at the end of it all I was posted to the worst place (Machina) of the state. I eventually was relocated to Oyo state after a serious illness that I was rushed down to the hospital. In Oyo stat I still resumed my "good-boyism", very dedicated & commited. I taught in a secondary school (a very popular one) in Ibadan. I still became the CD coordinator of my local govt, doing everything adequately. During parade for POP, I was the Guard-1 commander. I was almost made the overall parade commander but declined with style. At the end of all these the useless Oyo state governor still didn't show up at the parade. It was later I learnt that he never attends NYSC parades. He only attends parties (Owambe). Even in Yobe state the governor never attended the parade. Very few state governors attend NYSC parades in the country.
    U might look at it like am trying to poison the minds of corpers, maybe, but I just want you to know that do your service for God & not for the aim of getting a useless state award/recommendation. With all I did, I'm still yet to get a job after about 5months I finished service. The only fulfilment I have about my NYSC was the children (students) I was able to impart knowledge & some level of focus for the future.
    My advice to any one who will later go for NYSC is to do everything to work (runs) ur posting to Lagos (the land of opportunities). Consider the madness going on in the North, especially Jos, yet some people have been posted there again and, God forgive me, some are still going to be killed.
    IT'S UNFORTUNATE.
    "You don't win the Silver, You only lose the Gold"...ENGR-GENERAL OF THE FEDERATION (1ST)

whatever you do, do it without expecting anything from anybody so as not to be disappointed. Even if your NYSC certificate does not get you a job or your project does not get you state award, it is not the end of life. Use the skills & knowledge you have acquired to create one. Running to & fro to be posted to Lagos or Abuja is not the solution.

1st Engineer-General of the Federation I agree wt u. is it you take home pay datcant take u home u are 2 consider, ur safety in a strange and dangerous land, ur welfare or the less than #9500?

gzl

Nigeria is not worth the stress . Nigeria is not worth dying for.
    "You don't win the Silver, You only lose the Gold"...ENGR-GENERAL OF THE FEDERATION (1ST)

It is very painful to see graduate without jobs because the government don't have any plans for the youth, the future leaders so to say.

My advice, instead of complaining about the country and live a depressed life, let us pray for the betterment of the country, start any postgraduate or professional programmes while still searching for job so as not to was out time and also focus the bright side of life, i mean, there are some things we have that others don't have e.g, sound health, life, complete body part etc. If our President, Yaradua have a choice, I believe he will choose all these instead of being president of Nigeria.

E go better.
    Have you consider inviting Jesus to your life today?

winning an award is something of choice.as a geologist i learnt that some animals came into the earth and fades away without a trace,while some came and made a great path,be it body,chemical or trace,while not go for wat you think is right.it also happened in school some people reads to pass their exams while some reads to be the best...and no one that make an exceptional achievement that has not been rewarded in one way or the other..if you know anyone that has not been reward for achieving greatness you can tell me....

WIN AN AWARD.....WAIT AND SEE HOW THINGS WORKS.

gzl

@oligaki, how many people dem wan give award?

@oligaki: where u serve self? Did you receive any award?
    why are you so particular about awards. It is not your award that will give you a good job. the highest your state award or presidential award can give you is an O.O.N and a work as a GL08/2 civil servant job. Why not encourage corpers to do a SELFLESS SERVICE. that is the essence of the service and not awards.

@all: do you best and dont be interested in any Thank You. If it comes accept it.

gzl

@jebe2ng, Tell them.

My candid advice for corps members is: accept the service year with good spirit. be a positive figure in ur place of primary assignment, remember it is better for you to be retained, then work hard to get a better place than for you to roam about the streets fo a job. if after all u r nt retained, be optimistic n move on.

d service year is not all about awards its about what u can do 4 ur country and ow far u can go 2 protect d integrity and good name of wherever u r from even in d face of hostility!!!Iserved where corp members are treated with disdain but God says many r d afflictions of men but God delivers him from dem all.so rmain positive 4 where there's a will there's a way!!!!!!
    H

the choice is all urs

+ Reply