+ Reply + New Job/Topic

Topic: Union Bank Training

Union Bank Training

For those who have been on, or, about to finish the on going Union bank training, how was the training? Mine is to start by 4/5/09. Were those invited and who attended all succesful? I am nursing the fear of resigning my present job for the training and by paraventure not been succesful after the training. Although, my present job pays less than what is stipulated in the union bank letter of offer. Pls kindly comment on this. Thank you.

Re: Union Bank Training

I think you should understand something when it comes to induction programmes like this,no bank will want to waste millions in organizing this programme,and at the end of the day dspose of the trainees,no.
    The main thing is this,just imagine after caling through the rigors of the test interview and the time you spent praying to be selected knowing there are over 30 million uneployed out there wishing they were in your shoes,after imagining all these,u then get to the training school and start misbehaving(you have seen free food and accomodation,with some change and you think you have arrived and just relax)
    What the bans try to do by telling you that there will be another screening is to make you sit up and grab all you can cos i tell you 4 weeks is not enough to know banking operations and procedures(speaking out of experience,my first 3 months after traning with Sterling bank was frought with mistakes though thank God i had a humane boss who was there for me).
    What i am trying to say in essence is that going and attending the induction prog is like an eye opener into the world of banking,the rest will be an on-the-job training,so i dont see why you should be scared,there is nothing to it,just make sure you concentrate on al you will be taught and do your best in the usual end of week tests and i bet you that if you are outstanding,it could determine which unit you will be posted to.
    So the ball is in your court.
    C u at the training school.
    JUST BELIEVE AND TRUST IN HIM AND LEAVE THE REST.HE IS A FAITHFUL GOD

+ Reply