+ Reply + New Job/Topic

Topic: Joseph Ayodele Babalola University (JABU) Recruiting

Joseph Ayodele Babalola University (JABU) Recruiting

hi house i"m sorry 4 sending dis so lately it was due to a couple of reasons but i believe some can still try their luck.

Joseph Ayodele Babalola University has vacancies for degree holders, masters and Phd.
    The least they want is heath tech I'm not so sure about Ond Or hnd but i believe they can as well try their luck by applying. for info u can atleast try any C A C headquarters church around u or call me on 08038213563 or 08059407935. closes 10th oct

Joseph Ayodele Babalola University (JABU) Recruiting

ACADEMIC STAFF VACANCIES

Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant academic positions in Joseph Ayo Babalola University (JABU).

General Information

Joseph Ayo Babalola University is licensed by the Federal Government to operate as a Private University in Nigeria. It is located at Ikeji Arakeji on Ilesha – Akure road, a popular route to the eastern and northern parts of the country. The location is a serene environment particularly suited for scholarship, research and other academic activities.

The University intends to use education to bring about moral regeneration, godliness, selfless leadership, positive attitude to work, mutual understanding and love among ethnic, tribal and religious groups. It is a fully residential University.
    In line with its motto “For knowledge and Godly Service”, staff of the University are not only expected to be “Best brains” in their specialities, they must also be holy spirit filled, prepared to act in loco perentis to their students and to present themselves as good role models for effective character training of students placed in their care. They are also expected to participate in the religious programmes of the University aimed at building academically sound graduates for Godly service to the nation and the world. Areas of need are as listed below:

College of Agricultural Sciences
    (i) Department of Agricultural Economics & Extension Services.
    (ii) Department of Plant Science and Crop & Crop Protection
    (iii) Department of Animal Science & Livestock Production
    (iv) Department of Soil Science
    (v) Department of Food Science & Technology
    College of Natural Sciences
    (i) Department of Biological Sciences
    (ii) Department of Biochemistry
    (iii) Department of Chemistry
    (iv) Department of Physics
    (v) Department of Computer Science
    (vi) Department of Mathematics
    (vii) Department of Statistics
    (viii) Department of Entrepreneurship
    College of Social & Management Science
    (i) Department of Accounting
    (ii) Department of Business Administration
    (iii) Department of Economics
    (iv) Department of Mass Communications
    (v) Department of Actuarial Science & Insurance
    (vi) Department of Political Science
    (vii) Department of Demography
    College of Humanities
    (i) Department of English
    (ii) Department of Philosophy
    (iii) Department of Religious Studies

REQUIREMENTS

a) PROFESSOR
    Candidates should be holders of Ph.D degrees in relevant fields with not less than 15 years experience in a University system. The candidate should have a reasonable number of scholarly publications in reputable journals, both national and international. The individual should also show evidence of capacity to initiate and carry out independent research work as well as supervise student research projects. The person should also possess sound administrative skills and competence. Evidence of continuing research is an added advantage.

b) ASSOCIATE PROFFESOR
    As in (a) above with a minimum of 12 years cognate teaching research and academic administration experience in a University system.

c) SENIOR LECTURER
    Candidates should be holders of the Ph. D. degree in the relevant field with not less than 9 years’ cognate experience in a University system. The candidate should have a reasonable number of scholarly publications in reputable journals. He or she should be able to initiate and carry out independent research work as well as supervise student research work up to the doctoral level. Evidence of skills and competence in administrative management is an added advantage.

d) LECTURER I
    Candidates should be holders of the Ph. D. degree in the relevant field with not less than 6 years’ cognate experience in a University system. He or she should be able to supervise student research projects.

e) LECTURER II
    Candidates should be holders of the Ph. D. degree in the relevant field for direct appointment or not less than 3 years’ cognate experience in a University system as Assistant Lecturer and are already undertaking a doctoral programme.

f) ASST. LECTURER
    Candidates should be holders of at least a Master’s degree in the relevant field.

NOTE: In all instances verifiable, professional, academic, moral and spiritual references are prerequisites.

Conditions of Service

The remuneration and other conditions of service are as determined by the Board of Trustees of the University and are both attractive and competitive. In these, qualifications and experience are key determining factors.

Method of Application

Interested candidates are requested to send 10 copies of detailed application with 10 copies of certificates and relevant credentials as well curriculum vitae indicating:
    1. Full Names (Surname First in block letters and underlined)
    2. Marital Status (maiden name to be indicated)
    3. Date and place of Birth
    4. Nationality
    5. No and ages of children
    6. Religion
    7. Denomination
    8. Permanent Address
    9. Current Postal Address
    10. Cell (Phone) Number and e-mail address
    11. Academic/Educational Background (Institutions attended with dates).
    12. Academic/Professional Qualifications.
    13. Employment Records.
    14. Publications
    15. Names and Addresses of 3 Referees.

Closing Date

All applications should be addressed to the Registrar, Joseph Ayo Babalola University (JABU) Ikeji Arakeji, P.M.B. 5006, Ilesha, Osun State to reach him not later than 6 weeks from the date of these publications. The sealed envelop containing the applications should be marked EMPLOYMENT at the top left hand corner.
    Candidates should request their referees to send references under confidential cover, direct to the Registrar, Joseph Ayo Babalola University, Ikeji Arakeji, P.M.B. 5006, Ilesha, Osun State with the envelop marked “Referee’s Report” at the top left hand corner.
    NOTE: Applicants who have submitted unsolicited applications before this advertisement are advised to re-apply following the guidelines above.

Wale Aderibigbe
    Registrar

+ Reply