+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: INSTITUTE OF PETROLEUM STUDIES UNIPORT-ADMISSION FOR 2009/2010 SESSION

INSTITUTE OF PETROLEUM STUDIES UNIPORT-ADMISSION FOR 2009/2010 SESSION

INSTITUTE OF PETROLEUM STUDIES HAVE STARTED ITS 2009/2010 ADMISSION.KINDLY GO TO:

http://www.ipsng.org/

its for msc in different oil and gas programmes.try and download their form.wish u the best.its a good programme bcos i graduated from uniport and i know much of the programme.

M. Sc. Petroleum Engineering and Project Development
    International Collaborative Graduate programme between IFP School France and the University of Port Harcourt, Nigeria. Sponsored by NNPC and Elf petroleum Nigeria Limited joint venture.

ADMISSION FOR 2009/2010 SESSION
    Introduction: IPS is an International Institute, which offers programmes for sustainable development of the petroleum industry. The institute offers a conducive learning environment, full Internet access and virtual library, hands-on training using one computer per student. Students use industry software, case studies and undertake numerous field visits. Students are encouraged to live and work together, thus encouraging the development of team spirit.

The aim of this professional Master’s Degree programme is to provide graduates in engineering with broad based training required for onshore and offshore oil and gas field development. The students will be taught jointly by lectures from the University of Port Harcourt (Uniport) Nigeria, IFP School, France as well as experts from the petroleum industry both Nigeria and abroad.

On completion of this Programme, the graduates will among other skills, be able to:
    • Evaluate and manage oil and gas fields
    • Design and supervise the drilling of exploration and development wells and carry out drilling optimization programmes
    • Design, supervise and evaluate well completion, work over and well stimulation programmes
    • Design and operate onshore and offshore oil and gas production facilities
    • Carry out production optimization and well performance enhancement programmes
    • Participate effectively in multidisciplinary oil & gas field review and field development teams

Duration: The duration of the programme shall be 12 calendar months of intensive full time study.

Award of Degree: Successful students at the end of the programme shall receive a Masters’ Degree jointly awarded by IFP School, France and the University of Port Harcourt, Nigeria.

Professional Certification: Students will be presented for International well Control Forum (IWCF) Certification and Association Environment Practitioners (AEP) Certification (NREP, USA).

Admission Requirements: Candidates must possess a minimum of bachelor’s degree Second Class honours (Upper Division) in any branch of Engineering and should have completed their NYSC by October 2009. Consideration may be given to Sponsored Company Staff with a minimum of 5 years relevant experience with Second Class honours (Lower Division and high CGPA).

Application Fee: A non- refundable application fee of ten thousand naira (=N= 10, 000) in certified bank draft made payable to the Institute of Petroleum Studies, University of Port Harcourt. Applicants should either include a pre-paid FedEx envelop with the draft or collect the form in person. Forms can also be obtained on-line from IPS website and submitted with the bank draft.

Important dates to remember: (Any changes will be communicated by e-mail)
    • Completed Application forms must be returned to The Director, Institute of Petroleum Studies, University of Port Harcourt, Port Harcourt on or before Friday May 22, 2009.
    • Names of short-listed candidates will be displayed in IPS Uniport, Published in the IPS Website www.ipsng@org. Short-listed candidates will also be contacted by e-mail. We can also be contacted by Phone: 084-486-150.
    • Short- listed candidates for the written Test will be contacted by e-mail.
    • There after, short-listed candidates for the Oral Interview will be contacted by e-mail.

Scholarship: Candidates are expected to seek sponsorship from corporate bodies, PTDF and other sponsoring agencies. However, a limited number of scholarships will be offered to outstanding students.

Signed:

M. N. Onyige
    Registrar

PLS DOWNLOAD FORM HERE

http://www.ipsng.org/2009%20Applicat...ion%20form.doc

[attachment deleted by admin]

Re: INSTITUTE OF PETROLEUM STUDIES UNIPORT-ADMISSION FOR 2009/2010 SESSION

This sound interesting.do any one in the house have an idea about their school fees and the number of slot available?
    If what is in this advert is true particularly presenting the candidate for IWCF certification programme then I am interested.
    Kanshio<br />CEO,&nbsp; Energy Fountain

Sammie pls can those with 2.2 apply too.cos it was statedthat its only for those with 2.1 can we give it a try, what do u think.

sammie77 thanks a million, do u ve any idea how much there school fees is? Thanks once again.

Any one applyin for this programme should sit up and be prepared to face those over strict Uniport lecturers. if you know any uniport gratuate, you can confirm especially from Engineering..

The School fees is a little over a million naira..U will first write a test after paying the N10,000(non-refndable)..They admit only 20 people..This programme has been on fr about 4 years now, and 20 has been the max number f slots..Its a very good program. As fo those that made 2.2, i must tell you the truth, no need applying, unless you are currently working with an oil related company that is willing to sponsor you..and mid you your CGPA must be atleast 3.0 on a 5 point scale...The problem is just passing the aptitude test and the school fees..Unless you come from a walthy backgroud, i'll advise you start looking for a scolarship grant..I made a 2.1 so am going to apply..BUT I PRAY I'LL SECURE A SCHOLARSHIP BEFORE THEN....Please don't mind what people say about uniport lecturers, most of the lecturers are even not from uniport but from France... Even the lecturers from uniport are one of the best..unless you are a lazy student which i know u aren't..otherwise u wouldn't make a 2.1 in the first place..Don't be discouraged..Wish u all the best..GOD"S GRACE

IPS Admission requirement

a) Candidates, seeking admission into the programme are required to have:

b) a minimum of Bachelor Degree with Second Class honours (Upper Division) in any branch of Engineering
    c) Completed their NYSC by October, 2009
    d) Applied, obtained and completed the Application Form within the time frame allowed by the institute: and must have been assessed to be qualified for the Written Test.
    e) Sat for and obtained the minimum score to be invited for the Oral Interview.
    f) Obtained the minimum score awarded by the Oral Interview Panel/Board of Examiners and must have been judged to be successful: and must have made the Merit List (20) or the Waiting List(15)

Consideration may be given to Sponsored Company Staff with a minimum of 5 years relevant experience with second class honours (Lower Division and high CGPA).

Please Note:
    Candidates on the Waiting List are ranked in order of Merit. Chance(s) of candidate(s) for Admission in any given year depends on vacancy (ies) that may occur if candidate admitted in the Merit List did not take up the offer.

Admission Process

Steps 1 – Advertisement in the Newspapers in March/April 2009
    Steps 2 – Written test
    Steps 3 – Oral Interview for successful candidates in the written Test
    Steps 4 – Publication of Results of Successful Candidates (Merit List) / Candidates on Waiting List
    Steps 5 – Offer of Provisional Admission letters to Merit List candidates (20)
    Steps 6 – Acceptance of Admission offer within a given time frame
    Steps 7 – Registration as a student of the Institute
    Steps 8 – Commencement of lectures (new Session November 2009

The IPS only have limited slots for admission; so it restricts the requirements to as stated above. The fees before this publication i.e as at February, 2009 on my personal visitation/enquiry was $15,000.00 fifteen Thousand US dollars. I doubt if there will be a change.

Thanks

I think this is a good one for all those who really want to get into the oil and gas sector. If you are qualified, just give it try. As for the fees, you just can't tell, you might just be lucky and you will get a sponsor. But first things first, the application and the test.

Wishing you guys all the best!
    ONE LUV!

$15,000!!! Father Lord provide for me ur son.

Na wa o. $15,000. So, na only the children of the wealthy dem want say make ttem dey go the oil and gas industry. Dem papa, dem mama!

God will help us.
    Please Sammy, those that read geology, can they equally applied?
    L

15,000USD= 2,550,000NGN almost the same as doing ur MEng in canada.This is suppose to be opportunity for Nigerian but the cost is simply outrageous.is IPS not under Uniport which is Federal government University like FUTYola,UniBen, ABU, and the rest?
    What about local content development? can't IPS encourage Nigerians?

However, I am not intimidated. I am going to apply
    Kanshio<br />CEO,&nbsp; Energy Fountain

+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast