+ Reply + New Job/Topic

Topic: Institute of Petroleum Studies Admission for 2011/2012 has started

Institute of Petroleum Studies Admission for 2011/2012 has started

The Institute of Petroleum Studies is an International Collaborative Graduate Programme between, IFP School France and the University of Port Harcourt, Nigeria. Sponsored by the NNPC and Total Exploration & Production Nigeria Limited Joint Venture.

IPS awards a proffesional degree; M. Sc. in Petroleum Engineering and Project Development

find the full advert placement below http://www.ipsng.org/Admissions/2011...RT_FOR_MSc.pdf
    Last edited by Dagunro; Apr 6th, 11 at 01:34 pm.

Re: Institute of Petroleum Studies Admission for 2011/2012 has started

Quote Originally Posted by Triple-C View Post
    IPS awards a proffesional degree; M. Sc. in Petroleum Engineering and Project Development
    Find details in the attached file

guys pls I've been trying to upload the details, but no success yet, if anyone will be willing to upload it, pls inbox me(Don't drop ur email addy here oh! abeg NHJ na global stage) so I can forward d file to ur email addy, that way u can upload for all to see.

for those who had access to Guardian of Tuesday last week; 29th March, pls scan and upload for all.

Closing date...All comleted forms and bank draft must get to
    The Director, Institute of Petroleum Studies, University of Port Harcourt
    On or before Friday May 27th, 2011.

visit www.ipsng.org to download the form
    and for more details on the advert, you may also visit www.nipexng.com

best wishes guys, we'll keep moving forward till we get to the top!

find the full advert placement below http://www.ipsng.org/Admissions/2011...RT_FOR_MSc.pdf

M. Sc. Petroleum Engineering and Project Development

International Collaborative Graduate programme between IFP School France and the University of Port Harcourt, Nigeria. Sponsored by NNPC and TOTAL E & P Nigeria Limited joint venture.

ADMISSION FOR 2011/2012 SESSION

Introduction: IPS is an International Institute, which offers programmes for sustainable development of the petroleum industry. The institute offers a conducive learning environment, full Internet access and virtual library, hands-on training using one computer per student. Students use industry software, case studies and undertake numerous field visits. Students are encouraged to live and work together, thus encouraging the development of team spirit.

The aim of this professional Master’s Degree programme is to provide graduates in engineering with broad based training required for onshore and offshore oil and gas field development. The students will be taught jointly by lectures from the University of Port Harcourt (Uniport) Nigeria, IFP School, France as well as experts from the petroleum industry both Nigeria and abroad.

On completion of this Programme, the graduates will among other skills, be able to:
    • Evaluate and manage oil and gas fields
    • Design and supervise the drilling of exploration and development wells and carry out drilling optimization programmes
    • Design, supervise and evaluate well completion, work over and well stimulation programmes
    • Design and operate onshore and offshore oil and gas production facilities
    • Carry out production optimization and well performance enhancement programmes
    • Participate effectively in multidisciplinary oil & gas field review and field development teams

Duration: The duration of the programme shall be 12 calendar months of intensive full time study.

Award of Degree: Successful students at the end of the programme shall receive a Masters’ Degree jointly awarded by IFP School, France and the University of Port Harcourt, Nigeria.

Professional Certification: Students will be presented for International well Control Forum (IWCF) Certification and Association Environment Practitioners (AEP) Certification (NREP, USA).

Admission Requirements: Candidates must possess a minimum of bachelor’s degree Second Class honours (Upper Division) in any branch of Engineering and should have completed their NYSC by October 2011. Consideration may be given to Sponsored Company Staff with a minimum of 5 years relevant experience with Second Class honours (Lower Division and high CGPA).

Application Fee: A non- refundable application fee of Fifteen thousand naira (=N= 15,000) in certified bank draft made payable to the Institute of Petroleum Studies, University of Port Harcourt. Applicants should either include a pre-paid FedEx envelop with the draft or collect the form in person. Forms can also be obtained on-line from IPS website and submitted with the bank draft.

Important dates to remember: (Any changes will be communicated by e-mail)
    • Completed Application forms must be returned to The Director, Institute of Petroleum Studies, University of Port Harcourt, Port Harcourt on or before Friday May 27, 2011.
    • Names of short-listed candidates will be displayed in IPS Uniport, Published in the IPS Website Welcome IPS Uniport.
    Short-listed candidates will also be contacted by e-mail. We can also be contacted by Phone: 084-486-150
    • Short- listed candidates for the written Test will be contacted by e-mail.
    • There after, short-listed candidates for the Oral Interview will be contacted by e-mail.
    Scholarship: Candidates are expected to seek sponsorship from corporate bodies, PTDF and other sponsoring agencies.
    However, a limited number of scholarships will be offered to outstanding students.
    Signed:
    M. Nnodim (Mrs.)
    Registrar
    University of Port Harcourt
    Institute of Petroleum Studies
    IPS, UNIPORT

follow the link to download the form http://www.ipsng.org/Admissions/IPS%...ion%20form.pdf

One love NHJ!

Hey, do any one by chance know what the school fees is like, I want to know how much school fees might be, even if its not the exact fee, even if its last session's schoool fees.

Please reply if you have any idea, u can tweet to @49prosper49

THanks
    p

@Prompt2k2...as at the beginning of the last session, the information below was still accurate, I am yet to get a feel of the latest rates

Quote Originally Posted by ebot64 View Post
    No HNDs, No Sciences. Just Second Class Upper Engineering graduates or second class lower company sponsored staff with experience.

Once admitted (pass test and interview), you are entitled to tuition fee ($12,500) scholarship from TOTAL. You shall also be provided with all lecture materials free. but you shall provide ur own accommodation fee of about N150,000 in IPS lodge. There is also an acceptance fee of N100,000. So total financial commitment from you is N250K.

Facilities are world class (free internet access, air conditioned classroom, e-library, etc) with lecturers from UNIPORT (40%), IFP France (40%) and OIL & GAS INDUSTRY (20%).

Let's not forget ur 50% chance of becoming employed in TOTAL after the program.

IPS also allows you to seek for sponsorship else where especially the annual ESSO NATIONAL POSTGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP and JDZ (Sao Tome and Principe Scholarship) of which IPS students have very good track record.

Good luck guys. Just pay 10K and apply, try ur best and get the admission and see what other scholarships you can grab to see urself through the ever rewarding MSC in Pet. Engrg.

@IPS grads, please update the house on what exactly we are in for, so we can prepare our minds, brains and pockets to go all the way, 10x guys

Quote Originally Posted by radar_eye View Post
    The IPS only have limited slots for admission; so it restricts the requirements to as stated above. The fees before this publication i.e as at February, 2009 on my personal visitation/enquiry was $15,000.00 fifteen Thousand US dollars. I doubt if there will be a change.

Thanks
    more on the relevant info wrt fees

Guys!
    Is anybody aware of the tution fee, any information on either or no consideration for HND?

@Aukanlarwon...No HNDs, No Sciences. Just Second Class Upper Engineering graduates or second class lower company sponsored staff with experience.

Triple-C thanks for this info.pls are u aware of the current tuition fee.'cos as of last yr it was about #250,000 or there-about.
    Do u have an idea of how there exams and interview looks like.can i get there past questions 4rm u?

I have sent out request for current fees, once I have it I will furnish the house with it.
    Wrt ur secong request, I think I have something, inbox me ur mail addy

triple-C my email addresse is ([email protected]) tanxs!!! 4 ur response.

sir pls i wouldn't mind stuff to read up on too [email protected] thanks

guys abeg I use GOD beg una, no drop ur email addy 4 here, d kind undercover operatives in NHJ now dey fear me oh, if no be dem e go be Scammers, abeg, lets all join hands to sanitize our own NHJ and ensure she stays affloat...inbox Triple-C directly, no drop email addy 4 here.

10x guys and 1 love y'all

+ Reply