+ Reply + New Job/Topic

Topic: HR INDEXX's Incompetence in coducting Sahara's recruitment exercise

HR INDEXX's Incompetence in coducting Sahara's recruitment exercise

I am sorry to say this, but in my opinion HR INDEXX has shown that they are incompetent to handle a recruitment exercise (SAHARA) of this magnitude. The evidence is very clear. First they could not handle the huge traffic in applications on their website, thus ruling a lot of applicants out. Secondly they don't even have a good working plan on how to coduct tests for the thousands of job seekers that applied. I doubt if they have called up to 40% of management trainee applicants. A situation where applicants have to risk their life to travel down to Lagos is very appaling. HR INDEXX has a lot to learn from cosulting firms like FITC, FJA etc. I give a huge thumbs down to the Sahara Group for this sham of a recruitment exercise.

rev

Re: HR INDEXX's Incompetence in coducting Sahara's recruitment exercise

hmm, small small o !

Guys, relax on ur grief and be patient. This is Nigeria and things ae yet 2 b well so kindly tak it easy and feed more on blessings.
    Lets just pray situation of this country improves and hope President 7Point Agenda standup 2 his feet
    Best of Luck 2 U
    its a dogg world

Guy, you should learn how to control your emotions,i don't think you have reached a state in your career where you can make such demands.How many years of experience do you have?This is an entry level job so you really have to go through some hard situations.I have done the test and interview and i wont lie,they were far much better than FITC.You need to see the way we were treated with so much courtesy.HR INDEXX is not INCOMPETENT!
    we go make am!

e-freaky, are you trying to say that being entry level applicants automaticaly strips us of our rights to better treatment. I think you lack exposure and that is the reason for your statements. You can speak good of the whole thing coz you stay in Lagos. What of applicants that have to come all the way from the north on a one day notice. Please be more considerate and stop your PR efforts.

everyone has go d rite to xpress his opinion here! so the question of asking som1 how many yrs of xperience he's got is completely irrelevant.
    personally i was invited for the interview for 12noon.
    i had 2 risk sneakin outta d office, hopin 2 tidy d stuff up and rush back, only to discover on gettin there that some dudes their's were scheduled for 9am hadnt even entered.
    i had no option than to go bak to the office.
    i quite agree wif rodeo. HR Indexx certainly wasnt at their best..they could've done beta.

I partially agree with you generally, but particularly stand with you on the short notice. It is just not fair to job-seekers to give them a day's notice to come for an interview, whether at entry or whatever level. A friend of mine in Akwa Ibom got a text from them last Monday around 2pm, asking him to be in Lagos the next morning by 8:30am for the interview. How possible could that have been?
    I am what I am just by HIS Grace! . . . The Future is Bright; The Future is Me!

Jak

i agree with every every but i am yet to b called.
    Abeg,wat is there problem?

well, i have a few things to say about hr indexx-they have a horrible method of planning tests and their criteria for picking applicants for the sahara test was poor. i applied the day the site opened, only to be told dat i didnt meet their requirements!!!!!!!!!!! not pple with 2:2 in some funny courses were called. i was pissed to find out the they had done the tests and i didnt get selected. pls isnt industrial physics not relevant again, or r they looking for phd in quantum mechanics??

It's so shameful when I see young people being treated like animals simply because they are applicants. I am a 15 year veteran in the banking / oil and Gas sector. I am aware we have a dearth of skills in the Nigerian labour market. I have conducted several interviews and tests and I can tell you with certainty that there are many applicants but few are employable. The few that are employable will require special efforts and motivation to keep.

Earlier in my life I was made to sit at Zenith bank for close to 5 hours , waiting to be interviewed, I told them how much of fools they were and walked away........I wrote them afterwards with CC to the MD and the Ministry of labour to let them know they did not deserve to have good hands in their employment. They responded and apologised. I never went back despite their repeated calls and assurances that they would review the processes. The officer kept calling to beg that someone would loose his job if I did not return for the interview. I hope my action would have resulted in treatment ofapplicants better subsequently.

Its irresponsible to say the very least for any employer or recruitment agency for that matter to treat candidates shabily. , RODEO keep it up, anywhere you go in life you need to continue to stand up against injustice and inefficiencies.

Wish you all God's grace and the very best

I tried many times, day and night to submit that wicked sahara online registraton form but it never went through.

road to success is always rough and tough.keep on trying

Quote Originally Posted by baykembay
    Guys, relax on ur grief and be patient. This is Nigeria and things ae yet 2 b well so kindly tak it easy and feed more on blessings.
    Lets just pray situation of this country improves and hope President 7Point Agenda standup 2 his feet
    Best of Luck 2 U
    Ignorance is not an excuse! Conducting a valid, sensible, competent, and sructural employment exam has nothing to do with the situation of Nigeria. Besides Nigeria have advanced beyond this very level of quagmire u think we are. HR INDEXX should rather learn to emulate those corporate bodies who have good success story in this regard.

+ Reply