+ Reply + New Job/Topic

Topic: ARE HND HOLDERS ELIGIBLE FOR THE PTDF MSC SCOLASHIP SCHEME?

ARE HND HOLDERS ELIGIBLE FOR THE PTDF MSC SCOLASHIP SCHEME?

I STRONGLY THINK HND GRADUATES SHOULD BE GIVING A FAIR CHANCE TO PARTAKE IN THE OVERSEA PTDF SCHOLASHIP SCHEME AS THEY ARE EQUALLY GOOD.

Re: ARE HND HOLDERS ELIGIBLE FOR THE PTDF MSC SCOLASHIP SCHEME?

[color=red]MY DEAR AFTER THE UNIFYING EXAMS TO BE CONDUCTED BY JAMB FOR BOTH UNIVERSITIES AND THE POLYTECHNICS NEXT YEAR ,WHERE EACH CANDIDATES NOW DECIDES WHICH WHERE TO GO , ACCORDING TO JAMB BOSS THIS EXAMS IS TO CLOSE THE DISPARITY OF THIS HND SYNDROME OF A THING ,WE HND PRODUCTS ARE NOT DROP OUT ,IS HIGHTIME THE GOVT OF THE DAY TO RISE UP TO THIS FRUSTRATING CHALLENGE AND ADDRESS THIS AGE-LONG ISSUE BECAUSE I HAVE WORK SIDE - BY - SIDE WITH SOME OF THIS SO CALLED UNIVERSITY GRADUATES THEY THEY AS HALF -NAKED AS THE MINISTER SAID.
    I REST MY CASE.
    IFIA -AKAI

@Utta-Pia.., I understand your plight but u see, a university graduate should not be held responsible for it, you chose ur career. The word "Half naked" is seen in every environment even in Cambridge.
    There are lot of gigantic opportunities available for your category, believe in God for one and avoid unreasonable comment.

@utia-pia,bros I feel u but don't take it out on UNI graduates,claiming they're half-baked.It's painful dt we cannot enrol for scholarship cos of our degree but my guy,God dey!if u hv d means further n get d degree KPALI on Part time basis,afterall no naija uni's dey among 1st 1000 in d world,but just try guy.d thing dey pain but God dey!
    @ ephraim wisdom,I hope u r not 1 of those who feel u r beta bcos u hv a degree o!this country puts all of us in a mess and a honest assessment of d situation shld make u realise that it ain't by default that a B.Sc holder's far better than a HND but al d same ds country sulks!I hope to further in a foreign uni ASAP with or wtout PTDF ,re:ASUU's on strike.

Certainly, Not! Goodluck in your career. Let us not allow situations limit us in our quest for excellence & Power. Datz the point.

Men, the descrimination is unfair.

i personally do not like d way dis discrimination has gone far.

@all
    I could not have said nothing but i just have to let the house realize some stuffs and before i proceed, i am a polytechnic and Uni Graduate and more importantly I was once involved in NAPS(Nat. Association of Polytechnics Students") all polytechnic in Nigeria is under the umbrella of NAPS and i can tell you that we fought the discrimination but honestly the difference btw Poly n Uni is quite wide...(hey wait b4 u swallow me)

Back in my Poly days, there are lots of good intelligents guys in my Class. They are good but most of them in my Class dont really pass the JAMB cut off (200) for uni and few that did, didnt have someone to help out for admission or dont have money to bribe (Nigerian factor) I wrote uni jamb 4 times so what is the big deal, it was the 4th one that clicked after 3 dissapointment and experience!!!

Secondly, my Poly friends. How many Gov. Senators, Commissioners sons/daughter are in your class...you find them in the Uni. abi? Even in heaven there is hierachy...how do you expect them to fight for the common masses?

How many professors are lecturing in the Polytechnics?

How many Dr.'s are in your Dept. in Poly?

Do you know or have an idea of what the Act establishing Polytechnics says?

In the Polytechincs, if your CGPA 3.00 thats UPPER CREDIT. In the University it has to start from 3.5 even as regards this scolarships.

Is the Entry requirement the same in Poly and Uni? how many credits do u need and required subjects?

Are the facilities in Polytechnics same with Uni? (though some old poly are quite ok- abt 4 though am not saying all uni are well eqquiped but one eyes is better than none)

Are you in the polytechnics receiving the same treatment with Uni guys even while still on campus...omo there is a big difference walahi

The list is long. But let me just ask you this question, if you are been asked? Mr...., which will you allow your son/daughter to attend? Uni or Poly...you know the answer of course. Its when you discover that it seems you are not getting any younger and your junior ones are out of school, papers no correct, Jamb up, admission palaver..all these are the reasons.

All na Naija factor rite? It is up to you to make a better use of what you have got. Some, they will be in their house when they will receive their offer letter. We/I actually struggled to get this far, so Aluta Continua. Oxford Univeristy in England and Oxford Brookes University are both degree awarding uni..but really there is difference....why? Class or parkaging.

I rest my fingers!

If no be God, I for don Pai

They dont take poly graduate because UK universities dont consider HND for an M.Sc degree. They only accept B.Sc .The Same way Nigeria Universities will not allow HND into MSc except with a PGD.

So no point complaining and comparing, if you want a degree, go to Uni. or better still upgrade yourself. At least, thats what Nigeria of today requires. The government does not limit you. Please do on time if u see a need for it else make do with what you have and let God bless it for you.
    G

whts this debate all about? if u want to grab a BSc go to a university n stay within ur limits, if u prefer to grab a HND good go to any polytechnic but mind u, u ar on ur own o!!! stay within ur limits dont make noise again, BSc remains BSc HND Remains HND why trying to join two different things and comparing them unnecessarily!!! in the University u are given a BSc Certificate that certifies four-five years course while in Polytechnic u have a HND Certificate that certifies a two years course plus ur former OND that certifies a two years course, a beg make una go find work to do o!!! even in jan the two things no resemble o!!!
    Nothing Guarantees a great future like a nice pic & u cnt feature in d future u did nt picture so picture a nice future to feature & kip ur dream aliv

hi, guseman.this is alagbe kazeem a.k.a kaycee, i am surprise at ur conclusion on this issue. i take strong objection to ur view. we both know how it is in k.p. u boast simply bcos u got the opportunity to get to the uni.intelligence,purity,extreme hardwork, unimaginable understanding level,and unique comprehending ability,all this are the special xtristics serious poly students possess.we both did the students struggle together and it was really fulfilling.uni and poly are one,
    THE POINT IS THAT I WAS PRIVILEDGE TO BE THE C.L.O IN A LOCAL GOVT IN BORNO STATE WHERE WE HAVE ENOUGH OF UNI GRADUATES AND A LARGER % OF THEM MESSED UP BOTH IN CHARACTER AND ACADEMIC ESPECIALLY THOSE FRM THE SO PRAISED ILORIN.LETS JOIN HANDS TOGETHER AND PRAY THAT EACH OF US GETS A BEFFITING JOB INSTEAD OF BEHAVING CHAMELIONISTICALLY.I LOVE U MY BROTHER.

Quote Originally Posted by guseman
    @all
    I could not have said nothing but i just have to let the house realize some stuffs and before i proceed, i am a polytechnic and Uni Graduate and more importantly I was once involved in NAPS(Nat. Association of Polytechnics Students") all polytechnic in Nigeria is under the umbrella of NAPS and i can tell you that we fought the discrimination but honestly the difference btw Poly n Uni is quite wide...(hey wait b4 u swallow me)

Back in my Poly days, there are lots of good intelligents guys in my Class. They are good but most of them in my Class dont really pass the JAMB cut off (200) for uni and few that did, didnt have someone to help out for admission or dont have money to bribe (Nigerian factor) I wrote uni jamb 4 times so what is the big deal, it was the 4th one that clicked after 3 dissapointment and experience!!!

Secondly, my Poly friends. How many Gov. Senators, Commissioners sons/daughter are in your class...you find them in the Uni. abi? Even in heaven there is hierachy...how do you expect them to fight for the common masses?

How many professors are lecturing in the Polytechnics?

How many Dr.'s are in your Dept. in Poly?

Do you know or have an idea of what the Act establishing Polytechnics says?

In the Polytechincs, if your CGPA 3.00 thats UPPER CREDIT. In the University it has to start from 3.5 even as regards this scolarships.

Is the Entry requirement the same in Poly and Uni? how many credits do u need and required subjects?

Are the facilities in Polytechnics same with Uni? (though some old poly are quite ok- abt 4 though am not saying all uni are well eqquiped but one eyes is better than none)

Are you in the polytechnics receiving the same treatment with Uni guys even while still on campus...omo there is a big difference walahi

The list is long. But let me just ask you this question, if you are been asked? Mr...., which will you allow your son/daughter to attend? Uni or Poly...you know the answer of course. Its when you discover that it seems you are not getting any younger and your junior ones are out of school, papers no correct, Jamb f**k up, admission palaver..all these are the reasons.

All na Naija factor rite? It is up to you to make a better use of what you have got. Some, they will be in their house when they will receive their offer letter. We/I actually struggled to get this far, so Aluta Continua. Oxford Univeristy in England and Oxford Brookes University are both degree awarding uni..but really there is difference....why? Class or parkaging.

I rest my fingers!

All hail Kaycee, My powerful honorable. I am so happy you are here and you read tru my comments pls point out where or anything that you think is wrong.

Yes, we were in the struggle together and we started the struggle together but to be honest with you..on this same subject matter....I still hold my views up with high esteem. What I am taking about is about parkaging. Yes I know you quite all right and your capabilities and most of our friends in school but the fact still remains that many of our guys left for Uni why? Do you know why? Nigerian Factor

I was in Poly and in the Uni..omo...for those that had that kind of experience..pls share..it is 7UP..the gap is wide not in terms of the quality of the pproduct but in terms of Parkaging...You can't say YAbatech and Kogi poly ranks in the same category...Man get this right.

But before i rest my case, are you aware that a Technician is different from an Engineer? I will call you to explain. Powerful CLO, no be today na the carisma is there but that dosent mean you are the most intelligent ok. You be omo eko...na... I will call you
    If no be God, I for don Pai

the fact is indomie and o' noddles are nt the same, different packages and ingredient concentration.
    do u know that there is too much discrimination amongst universities alone not to even mention polytechnics, let me give an instance of an engr student who was strugglin wit a 2:2, luckily for him he got an admission into a ghanian uni and made a first class, when he came back to visit d nigerian uni, they were so quick to offer him lecturing role (which he gladly refused), dat naija 2:2 material and a ghanian 1st class boy wil get job easily compared 2 d rest of his naija peers, how funny and sad,
    maybe u really need dis uni priviledges but i know an HND graduate who worked as a banker for a few years, resigned and went into petroleum marketin, now he is employing both uni & poly graduates in his oil firm.
    It dnt matter where u study, wot course, grade. U can achieve anything u set your mind on, with God on your side. Kpali is just a recognised paper. YOU ARE THE MATERIAL.

+ Reply