+ Reply + New Job/Topic

Topic: ESSO/EXXON MOBIL RECRUITMENT/SCHOLARSHIP - A Mirage!; Please prove me wrong.

ESSO/EXXON MOBIL RECRUITMENT/SCHOLARSHIP - A Mirage!; Please prove me wrong.

I am writing this piece not out of prejudice, but because of a need for clarity.
    I passed d test for Esso-Mobil Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship 2009 & i was invited for their interview; unfortunately, i was unsuccessful, likewise everyone i know (abt 10) who partook in d interview. I am not suggesting Esso-Mobil played pranks, but that's how it seems going by d way d interview was conducted. Please is there anyone who was successful?
    SIMILARLY, I passed d test for Exxon-Mobil Recruitment 2009; unfortunately i was also unsuccessful in the interview. Though some neutral pals are still on board, there was preferential treatment given to corp members who were serving/served with them. However, i learnt there are instances (i know 2 people) that even after passing your medicals, you (neutral people) could be told there is no "vacancy" for you.
    MOBIL, what a shame! "Politiking!"
    Also, the issue of Mobil telling us to write down our Account Numbers to collect our Transport Allowance because "they can't carry cash around" is appalling! Cus i ain't received a dime yet with regards both interviews.. Surprisingly, AGIP paid cash while conducting their Overseas Scholarship Test; this is commendable! Though, the content of their test is nothing to write home about.
    Conclusively, i implore ESSO/EXXON MOBIL to kindly be more objective. If Mobil already have their candidates for a Portfolio/Scholarship, they should PLEASE not throw it open to the public claiming "equal opportunity".
    It can be disheartening.
    Well, you may never know...
    I rest my case.
    I AM A HUSTLER!

Re: ESSO/EXXON MOBIL RECRUITMENT/SCHOLARSHIP - A Mirage!; Please prove me wrong.

E dey happen, but don't let it get to u too much. Still apply for any job with any company, so u do not pass on any good opportunity. The fact that u passed those aptitude test meant u are good. I wish u all d best in life.
    he who leaves everything in God's Hand shall surely see God's Hand in everythin he does

Re: ESSO/EXXON MOBIL RECRUITMENT/SCHOLARSHIP - A Mirage!; Please prove me wrong.

@ hustler, u dont av 2 feel ds way. Just move on. Concerning d Esso scholarship, my friend was successful & she knows no 1. God will definitely make a way for us all...

@iamahustler,
    I deeply regret your experiences with Mobil, i have had similar experiences. but i think we should not let that hinder us from pressing on. Cause we will definetely make it somehow.
    As regards the test you took last year, what it the scholarship test format? do you have materials you can share with the house, a couple of us might require same.
    Thanks and keep hope alive.

Be an optimist. that is the only fuel that will fuel your soul whenever you are depressed or dissapointed in your encounter. Your time will come and will never pass you so also mine. Never relent you are almost there.keep on putting your best GOD IS YOUR STRENGTH..
    samadex.com...If I cant find a way, I will make one...

@iamahustler:

I am sorry 4 ur experience, however, u wrote from a very misinformed perspective. I do not blame u, I would have had d same perspective if I had not been very abreast with the ESSO scholarship 4 2009.

D competition was very stiff and the very best, I mean d very best emerged at d end of d day. Remember d number that took d test and compare with d number that was awarded after all - very stiff competition.

Ur write-up is biased because u unfortunately know 10 people that didn't make it. I know 3 people that made it. Fortunately, if I may say, one of them also got a university scholarship from one of d most prestigious universities in California. USA (one of the top 10 in the world). This affirms d quality of d people dat made it after all. These are d people u competed with. I am not insinuating they are better than u, but 4 u 2 know that d process was objective (at least there was a NAPIMS representative in all d interview panels). U have 2 better prepare and know that Nigerians are d most intelligent people on earth (they come tops in their classes all over d world), so that next time u are competing with ur fellow Nigerians on issues of this nature, u expect an international standard.

On the issue of accounts, if u have worked in a multinational company with controls, u will understand that it is not easy 2 release money like dat. It depends on ur auditors and what they can tolerate. SAP is an ERP software and SAP users can attest to the fact that there is no "round-tripping" with SAP. Some organisations have strict financial controls than others so the ease to release money is different.

I am not defending ExxonMobil but I amjust trying 2 put things straight from an informed point.

Goodluck in your future edeavours.

iamahustler, i dont agree with your view.i got the scholarship without knowing anyone.

Hustler don't give up its not in our nature.
    But try include God, Its working for me broda.

@Subsy and Medefrank: u guys have enlightened us and Hustler as well and it gives me some rspite 2 know that sumone got the scholarships. Gotta work harder next time.
    @iamahustler: i share ur pain! u came from Kano i guess and the transport alone no be small thing. I dont leave that far but i may have spent close to a 100Grand on transport to Lagos for interbviews alone. But look at it that the Sover reign LORD has better plans for us. Mobil is not be the best thing in life u know?
    If the sky's the limit, why are there footsteps on the moon?

@Subsy and Medefrank: u guys have enlightened us and Hustler as well and it gives me some rspite 2 know that sumone got the scholarships. Gotta work harder next time.
    @iamahustler: i share ur pain! u came from Kano i guess and the transport alone no be small thing. I dont leave that far but i may have spent close to a 100Grand on transport to Lagos for interbviews alone. But look at it that the Sover reign LORD has better plans for us. Mobil is not be the best thing in life u know?
    If the sky's the limit, why are there footsteps on the moon?

+ Reply