+ Reply + New Job/Topic

Topic: Safe Job Search Tips (SCAM ALERT)

Safe Job Search Tips (SCAM ALERT)

Safe Job Search Tips:
    Never give your bank account information, to a prospective employer. Do not accept any offers to cash, checks or money transfer.

Scam Alert!

As Job seekers you are prone to job fraud so you must be careful to avoid a type of job scam in which the applicant is asked to accept payment to his or her own bank account. These are known as payment-forwarding or payment-transfer scams.
    Payment-transfer scams involve a con artist who pretends to be an employer. The con artist use information from a resume they have found online. Such con artists can be quite convincing, and may even steal company names and corporate logos to convince victims that they are legitimate employers.
    After the con artist has won the job seeker's trust, the con artist tricks the job seeker into giving up bank account numbers and vital personal information. The reasons given for this can be clever.

? There are many variations scams. Following are very simple tips that will go far to protect you from falling victim with some clarifications noted below. Again, this scam can be quite clever and refined.
    1. Do not give personal bank account detail account, to any employer.
    2. Do not agree to have funds or paychecks direct deposited to any of your accounts by a new employer.
    3. Do not forward, transfer, or "wire" money to an employer.
    4. Do not transfer money and retain a portion for payment.

? Legitimate employers do not usually need your bank account numbers.
    A legitimate employer will give you the option of direct deposit, but not demand that it is used.
    You should wait until you have met the employer in person before agreeing to a direct deposit option.

Note:
    Please be reminded that .com is not a recruiting website, rather a database resource website where Employees post their resume to be view and contacted by registered Employers.
    We do not accept money from employee for interviews or job placements.
    If u only believe then u can be what u desire.

Re: Safe Job Search Tips (SCAM ALERT)

Tanx 4 d tips @micseas. wat can u say about stonemasters dat requires 4 cv 4 nigerdelta developments; posted on this furum.

well i saw it while browsing and am skeptic about them i even called, but any how when money or u smell any thing fishy bail, cos i just had a phone call today from one so call Engr John claiming to work with Agip and he wants to give me contract job when i realised it was a scam i switched off-so we have to be carful how we send our cv only God can help us.

thanks for the wonderfull info, but what about this people Shell Lottery Promo(LOTTO LORE)
    Shell Petroleum Development Company, asking me send me account number to claim my prize that i won some amount of money in their last e-mail draw.

they are scams dont answer them ignore them, they have been sending that shell lotto like for the past 7years now.
    See these 419rs r like fiehermen, they look at us like fishes-just throw in ur hook, line and sinker and wait, before u know it one way ward fish or more would come eating off the bait, so plz dont fall for any?

+ Reply