+ Reply + New Job/Topic

Topic: MMC RECRUITING ENGINEERS(CHEMICAL,PETROLEUM AND ELECTRICAL) SCAM OR REAL?

MMC RECRUITING ENGINEERS(CHEMICAL,PETROLEUM AND ELECTRICAL) SCAM OR REAL?

Hi house, i got an e-mail from MMC management company. The advert was posted on this site sometime last week for engineers from chemical,petroleumm and electrical, so i applied. PLs did anyone get the same mail? Its as follows:
    and resources

To: <[email protected]>Dear candidate,
    We are pleased to inform you that you have been provisionally shortlisted

for evaluation and assessment to fill one of the available positions ,

subject to your satisfactory performance at the selection

test/interview exercisewhich shall be in three stages.
    STAGE ONE:

You shall undergo a mandatory one -day industrial workplace HSE hazards management appreciation course.

The mandatory HSE appreciation workshop holds on thursday 19th february 2009 at 10am prompt
    VENUE:CONFERENCE ROOMMMC MANAGEMENT CONSULTING4 AFOLABI OBE STREETORI-OKE BUS STOPEJIGBO,LAGOS

PS;candidates who have already undergone hse training and possess hse cerificates should come with evidence of this on the course day,i.e hse certificate awarded..Possession of hse certification is highly recommended in this recruitment exercise.

STAGE TWO:
    You shall sit an employment assessment/selection test at the same venue on a date to be determined after the mandatory oilfield hse appreciation course.Notification will be made to this effect.

Candidates should note that the employment aptitude test and shall cover subjects bothering on analytical and cognitive intelligence,as well as knowledge of industrial workplace safety[hse] practices andunderstanding of hse as applicable in the oil and gas industry

STAGETHREE
    Candidates who satisfy the cut-off score requirements at the employment assessment/selection test shall undergo a final selection panel interview .

ONLY CANDIDATES WHOSE PERFORMANCE/EVALUATION SATISFY THE REQUIREMENTS OF THE SELECTION PROCESS SHALL BE OFFERED EMPLOYMENT

TERMS AND CONDITIONS:

1-Only candidates who attend the mandatory hse hazards appreciation course will sit the employment assessment test

2. Admission into the employment assessment test shall be strictly

conducted on the basis of Test administration PIN issued at the

mandatory hse course session. These instructions are to be followed strictly.Failure to attend the mandatory hse appreciation workshop or comply with the terms and conditions of this offer disqualifies you from the recruitment exercise. please come to the venue with copies of your certificates

Be guided accordingly

yours faithfully
    OKE MORGAN MICHAELprincipal consultantMMC management consulting

Please did any one get this mail ?

Re: MMC RECRUITING ENGINEERS(CHEMICAL,PETROLEUM AND ELECTRICAL) SCAM OR REAL?

I too did the same AP test at mmc, well i really do not know if it is a scam but when you do arrive your would receive the lecture on HSE be rest assure that 35 question in germany OBJ would be out so you have to pay attention. there would be no negative mark. also there would be logical resoning, they use exactly GMAT of 2007 word for word they just scatter the question so you got to rest to understand teh concept sha..
    at the end of the seminar you would be giving your pin number that would be use on the stage 2, you got to be fast. you would be asked to pay N1,000 for verification of your credital and another N3,900 for the certificate of the HSE.

that was where the scam people say they are doing. i cant not judge but according to what he told us were so to go for they stage 3. 2 week ago but stillno respond.
    Am abit surise over the IV now cos they say it would be on or b4 22nd of feb it on the The Gaurdian of last week tue..

But if you look at this go for it if you got N4,900 to paid cos that was what i paid and am yet to expect teh call for the 3rd stage.

expect if they want to collect everyone to comes stage 3 the same time. just listen and ps inform teh house on what he said for your guys to resume if it would be in feb too or another month.

we were not told which oil company we are writing for just that it is based in PH but the QC and Marketer would be based in Lag while the mech wld be based in warri.

just follow your heart to attented by hold your N4,900.

Success cos you might be among teh 2 from each department..

feb has not ended so the scam has not be confirmed till march comes then we would know!!!!!!!! just keep us posted on thing as you proceed!!!!!!

They are big time scammers, run fast pls. i went too for that so called ap test and my money is gone.
    Please house they are scammers , dont believe them.

I once paid for and attended their HSE appreciation course and we were told to submit our CVs to them for job alerts, only for them to send mails inviting us for interviews and asking for more money. Real recruiters don't ask for verification fees and I think we should put in more effort in publicizing these scammers and their likes so they'll shut down their dirty businesses, to prevent more ppl from loosing their hard-earned monies.

Peace to the whole house
    Have opinions, express them and be willing to change.

+ Reply