+ Reply + New Job/Topic

Topic: Telecommunications training

Telecommunications training

Are you a graduate of any science-based (mathematics, physics, statistics) or engineering course, here is something that could be of great benefit to you.
    Acquire skills that would place you not just one step ahead of your colleagues but several steps ahead.
    The global recession is gradually fading away;
    Are you prepared to take up a job of your choice?
    Do you have the right skills to pick up a job in the IT or Telecommunications field?

To be a skilled network engineer in either the IT or Telecommunications field, you do not just need certificates but you need to demonstrate competence that you can:
    1. Demonstrate theoretical and practical knowledge of GSM, CDMA, VSAT, UMTS/HSPA, WiMAX and some other aspects of telecomms;
    2. Develop an architecture for any of the above networks using the right tools;
    3. Demonstrate the use of survey tools, planning tools for any of the above networks;
    4. Setup a LAN, WLAN, configure an access point, share resources among systems;
    5. Manage server/client networks under any of the network configurations;

Here is an opportunity for you to acquire these skills. WALK-IN to our office (address below) and avail yourself of this opportunity to attend the free orientation classes for the courses above. Limited seats available (30 seats only)

Venue: The Institute for Advanced e-Studies,
    TAFSHOL HOUSE,
    72, Isheri Road, Opposite UBA, Akiode Bus Stop,
    Ojodu, Lagos
    Date: 5th and 6th November, 2009
    Time: 10.00am

Re: Jobs in Telecommunications

I wanted to ignore this and other stuffs u guys bave been posting and advertising but i think it's time we put a stop to all these deciept. You guys are bogus and shady, let's call a spade a spade.
    I was one the trainees in the TSP 1, the flagship of the whole training bruohaha.To cut long story short, i enrolled for "network engineer", paying almost 200k.The worst is that i didn't have the cash then so i borrowed a huge % of it to complete.

They promised us heaven and earth, that faculties from Uk and SA were coming to train us and that we are assured jobs into the telcos on completion of the programs, that we were gonna build mini-networks in lagos and abuja centers and communicate on a particular frequency. Trust me , the whole thing sounded so real that you could sell your father's only property to attend their course.The whole "brainwashing" was at Unilag venue of the so-called scholarship test and orientation.

After some weeks of preparation, we began what ought to have been a journey into a very sweet and promising life-changing training.
    Things began to take a different turn, no equipment, no organization, no sight of foreign faculties(but that didn't bother me).Through out the whole course, we didn't have core network engineering practicals,never visited a single BTS, and one was very close to us there in Isheri rd, yet we were the to be the "best telco engineers".
    The talks of employment started dimming, another dimension came, that we were going to write a project and people having the best projects were going to be fixed immediately.We began work, i forgot about job search and concentrated on the project which was CDMA2001x Network and planning, afteral i was gona give it my best shot and was certian of job or so i thought.

I went to several telcos, did series of research, used a lot of softwares,spent a whole lot yet again, was constantly on the net.I did a sound project and was selected among the 13 best projects out of the whole close to 300 Engineers.What then happened you will ask, stories started cropping up, that they are taliking with this , that and those and till today nothing came out of it .No doubt, i gained a lot doing the project which was my individual effort but here i am still jobless.I had to summarize this piece as a lot happened but if the poster comes in here again to post more rubbish, i will have enough time to reply him.
    "A word is enough for the wise"

Re: Jobs in Telecommunications

thanks bro for the info.do you av any info about ttcmobile training package, facility and efficiency.cos am about doing same for 3months telecom training.. hoping to get better chance after training... i beg am scared 90 grand no yam!

Re: Telecommunications training

Hello Gerald, how are you? You sound so bitter and the way you have gone about it, I do not think it's fair. I'm also an alumni of the Institute for Advanced e-Studies and I studied Customer Relationship Management in their Abuja office. I have started work as a Call Center operator in ZAIN with two of my colleagues from the Institute as well and it was the Institute that arranged our interview.

Lets call a spade a spade, Gerald and stop abusing the Institute, they said that they will facilitate job interviews for people who do well in the project and although I will agree that not everything went smoothly, you should remember that the training you got is worth much more than you paid.

Haba Gerald, it is not fair what you are doing. If they did not assist you get a job have you asked why and when. We finished our course and it was about six months later that the interview came.

Please let us help our alumni, while they may not be perfect, at least they are trying and we should encourage them so that they can do more for us. They are far better than other training institutes in terms of quality.

We all passed our interviews with flying colours. The same happened to our engineers where six of them went for an interview and all of them passed with flying colours. The next best person to them got 50% while the least from our school got 82% (This was interview they arranged by themselves). Ask around and you'll find out people who the Institute have arranged interviews for.

Give them sometime, I believe that they will deliver. They did it for me and I trust that they will do the same for you.

I no com know who they talk truth for here. Abeg who no dey sure make him no they scare us person oh!!!

Hi Giwality,
    You can go for ttc mobile training cos its ok;but I cant assure of their assistance to getting a job after training cos I just finished my 3months there too.
    For more info mail me:[email protected]

Hello Buchi and everyone. Both the Institute for Advanced e-Studies and TTC training are good in training for telecommunications. As per the job, I know that IAES helps give people job interviews but it is not a very quick pocess.

I enjoy this forum because of the freedom and openness exhibited.
    It is your right to complain and express dissatisfaction for services paid for.
    It is also your right to protect the integrity of any institution that you feels treats you well.
    In all, shortcomings should be expected but not on huge sums of money and when it concerns jobs.
    Peace on you all.
    if u believe u can, u can; <br />if u believe u cant, u cant

HI GERALD,
    IT IS GOOD THE WAY YOU EXPRESSED YOUR FEELINGS BUT REMEMBER WE ARE IN NIGERIA, THINGS ARE NOT EASY NTO COME BY. NO KNOWLEDGW IS WASTE. YOU VE BEEN TRAINED, WHY NOT START UP SOMETHING ON YOUR OWN, SELL YOURSELF TO THE IT COMPANIES AROUND, OR BETTER STILL ATTACH YOURSEL SOMEWHERE. YOU ARE A MAN. PRESENTLY I WORK FOR MYSELF TO SUSTAIN MYSELF, BUT WILL GO FOR THE TRAINING NEXT YEAR, THIS WILL ENABLE SECURE BETTER OFFERS FOR IN THE NEAR FUTURE. TAKE THINGS JEJE

Hi Aisha, hw are u doing and hw is work? Pls how much did u pay for customer relationship management trainning, hw long did the trainning last and where can i locate the Institute in Abuja.
    Thanks.

+ Reply