+ Reply + New Job/Topic

Topic: NIM (NYSC) Induction

NIM (NYSC) Induction

This is to bring to d notice of all those who registered online 4d NIM (NYSC) Induction, that d induction 4 owerri center wld be taking place tomorow thursday 13th may, at Desney Hotels Owerri, by 9am. The road to d next level is filld wit ups en downs,bt wit absolute comitment, we will alway get there.
    M

Re: NIM (NYSC) Induction

Be warned though that NIM is not an highly recognised professional certificate. Went for an interview and was told that only MBA,ACCA,NIMN and some other certificates can be recognised. NIM will only collect ur 9000 box. U can go but ive told u the truth.
    B

dnt b discouraged guys,NIM is recognised,just try 2 do the next stage 2 bcome an associate,my dad rose from d position of sales manager gradually 2 a marketing manager in an oil company wit an ond n NIM certification n dat was d only professional certification he had...

Thanks for the clarification. Maybe the next stage can help. Imagine an HR person emphasising on the word PROFESSIONAL after u have presented NIM certificate. I had to tell him that was all i had. He didnt call me back.
    B

Pls how long is d 1st n 2nd stage

one thing u shoul know is that some HR personels exaggerate sum tins unneccessarily,n not all of them r professionals themselves.NIM is chartered,n standard,what else makes a body professional?

Okay! Just shared my own experience but like i said u can go cos i have mine. Just dont stop there. I would advice people to go for MBA.
    B

NIM as a professional body is training Nigerian youth to discover our talent and be self employed, nt neccesarily to cary the certificate to one useless HR. Lets get this things corect and change this our nagative mentaly. U dnt necesarily need to present certificate 4rm 1 office to the other. Bill Gate the richest man on eart never dos that.
    M

Bill Gates is not a Nigerian. Lets be realistic. I didnt present it, rather i was asked to present it. Americans believe in competence while nigerians believe in qualification. Thats the distinction.
    B

i agree wit u montendo,d earlier we realise we cant live d white mans life here in nigeria,the better for us,bill gates was a drop out,if we want 2 imitate him,y r we all going 2 school??hw many dropouts in Nigeria r successful without doing sum dubious stuff? n 2 think of it,it hs gotten 2 d point where professional certificates r more valued than our university degrees,hw cn u compare d knowledge one has gotten in 4 years 2 dat one gets by self study in sum months?since dey need d certificates ,den we shuld go get dem,simple!

+ Reply