Academic Staff Vacancies (Internal and External)

FACULTY OF AGRICULTURE AND FORSTRY DEPARTMENT OF FOREST RESOURCES MANAGEMENT

LECTURER II AREA OF SPECIALIZATION

Remote Sensing/GIS

Applicants should possess good first degree and that of Master in Forestry or Geography with high competence in GIS. Applicants with Ph.D and teaching background must have at least one year post-qualification experience.Others must have at least two years post qualification teaching experience.

Relevant publications in the field of Forestry and Environment will be an added advantage.

2. FACULTY OF ARTS

DEPARTMENT OF ARABIC AND ISLAMIC STUDIES

SENIOR LECTURER AREA OF SPECIALIZATION

Islamic Studies

Applicants must possess Ph.D degree in Islamic Studies with pecialization in Islamic Legal Studies.

In addition,applicants should have at least six years of previous teaching and research experience in a recognized University and adequate articles in reputable academic journals.

3.COLLEGE OF MEDICINE

DEPARTMENT OF PHYSIOTHERAPY

SENIOR LECTURER

Applicants must:

possess first degree in Physiotherapy from a recognized institution as well as Ph.D degree in Physiotherapy of a minimum of 3 years; have taught Physiotherapy as full-time Lecturers in a recognized University for a minimum of 5 years; show evidence of research activities by publications in reputable journals; have current license to practice Physiotherapy in Nigeria by the Medical Rehabilitation Therapist Board of Nigeria.

4. FACULTY OF EDUCATION
i. DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATIONAL MANAGEMENT

LECTURER II
Applicants must possess Ph.D degree in Educational Management with interest in Economics of Education and Educational Policy and Planning. Knowledge of Educational Statistics and Research Methodology will be desirable.

Applicants must show evidence of high research potentials, teaching capacity and adequate publications in peer-reviewed reputable journals.

DEPARTMENT OF GUIDANCE AND COUNSELLING

ii. LECTURER II AREA OF SPECIALIZATION

Developmental Psychology

Applicants must possess Ph.D degree in the field of Developmental Psychology from a reputable university recognized by the Senate of the University of Ibadan. Previous teaching experience at the University level and evidence of scholarly publication(s) in peer-reviewed journals will be an advantage.

LECTURER II
AREA OF SPECIALIZATION

Counselling Psychology

Applicants must possess Ph.D degree in the field of Counselling Psychology from a reputable university recognized by the Senate of the University of Ibadan.
Previous teaching experience at the University level and evidence of scholarly publication(s) in peer-reviewed journals will be an advantage.

iii DEPARTMENT OF TEACHER EDUCATION

LECTURER II
AREA OF SPECIALIZATION

Physics/Education

Applicants must possess Ph.D in Physics/Education with B.Sc. (Physics/Education),and M.Ed (Physics/Education).

Applicants with B.Sc. (Hons) Physics can also apply provided they possess Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDE) and later M.Ed, Ph.D (Physics Education). Applicants who can show evidence of high research potentials, teaching capacity and adequate publications in peer-reviewed reputable journals will be given priority consideration.

5. FACULTY OF LAW

DEPARTMENT OF PRIVATE AND BUSINESS LAW

READER/PROFESSOR
AREA OF SPECIALIZATION

(i) Maritime
Law (ii) Intellectual Property Law and (iii) Medical/Health Law

Applicants must possess good first degree plus a postgraduate degree in Law. Possession of a Ph.D is an added advantage.
Applicants must have at least 15 years of teaching and research experience at the University level. Such applicants should also be able to teach courses in the areas advertised as well as other courses in the Department. Applicants should show evidence of scholarship and track record of outstanding research in the advertised areas of Law.

Applicants must also demonstrate ability to supervise research projects at Doctoral level in these areas.

For Readership, applicants should have same qualification as stated above except that a minimum of 10 years of teaching and research experience in a recognized University would be required.

DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC AND INTERNATIONAL LAW

READER/PROFESSOR
AREA OF SPECIALIZATION

(i)Jurisprudence and Legal Theory (ii) Alternative Dispute Resolution (iii) Comparative Legal System (iv) Energy Law and (v) Public International Law.

Applicants must possess good first degree plus a postgraduate degree in Law.Possession of a Ph.D is an added advantage. Applicants must have at least 15 years of teaching and research experience at the University level. Applicants should show evidence of scholarship and track record of outstanding research in the advertised areas of the Law.

Applicants must also demonstrate ability to supervise research projects at Doctoral level in these areas.

For Readership, applicants should have same qualification as stated above except that a minimum of 10 years of teaching and research experience in a recognized University shall be required.

6. FACULTY OF PHARMACY

DEPARTMENT OF CLINICAL PHARMACY AND PHARMACY ADMINISTRATION

LECTURER I/II
Applicants must possess Bachelor of Pharmacy (B.Pharm.) degree from any University recognized by the Senate of the University of Ibadan. In addition, applicants must possess Master of Pharmacy (M.Pharm.) or Master of Science (M.Sc.)degree in Clinical Pharmacy, Pharmacy Management or related fields with bias for Pharmacy Management. Additional degrees such as Master of Business Administration (MBA) from any University recognized by the Senate of the University of Ibadan would be an added advantage. Candidates applying for the position of Lecturer I must have obtained Ph.D, with evidence of having published in peer-reviewed journal(s). Applicants applying for the position of Lecturer II must show evidence of being on the Ph.D programme.

7. FACULTY OF SCIENCE

i. DEPARTMENT OF BOTANY

ASSISTANT LECTURER/LECTURER II
AREA OF SPECIALIZATION

Plant Physiology and Biochemistry

A good Master's degree in Plant Physiology and Biochemistry from any reputable University. Current registration for a Ph.D degree, a good knowledge of Molecular Biology and academic publications in peer-reviewed journals will be added advantages.

AREA OF SPECIALIZATION

Plant Genetics

ASSISTANT
LECTURER

A good Master's degree in Plant Genetics from any reputable University. Current registration for a Ph.D degree in Genetics and a good knowledge of Molecular Biology will be added advantages.

LECTURER II

Applicants must possess Ph.D degree in Plant Genetics from any reputable University with at least 3 years of teaching experience at tertiary level. A good knowledge of Molecular Biology and academic publications in reputable, peer-reviewed journals will be added advantages.

AREA OF SPECIALIZATION

Lower Green Plant

Applicants should have Second Class Upper Division honours degree in Botany. In addition the candidate must have a good Master's degree in Botany with specialization in Lower Green Plant. Evidence of registration for Ph.D in Algalogy will be an added advantage.

ii. DEPARTMENT OF ZOOLOGY

LECTURER
II AREA OF SPECIALIZATION

Cellular Parasitology

Applicants should possess Ph.D degree in Zoology/Biochemistry with a research interest in Parasite Immunology and Pathogenesis, Epidemiology and Bioinformatics. Previous teaching experience at the tertiary level will be an advantage.

8. FACULTY OF THE SOCIAL SCIENCES

i. DEPARTMENT OF ECONOMICS

LECTURER I/II

Applicants must be able to teach Microeconomics, Macroeconomics and Quantitative Economics.In addition, applicants must be able to teach at least two of the following elective courses:
Development Economics
Monetary Economics
Public Sector Economics
International Economics
Financial Economics
Accounting and Finance
Operations Research Management
Health Economics
Environmental Economics

Applicants must possess Ph.D degree from a recognized University. Possession of relevant professional qualifications will be an added advantage. Applicants for the position of Lecturer I must have minimum of 3 years post-Ph.D teaching experience in a recognized University. Evidence of scholarship, as attested to by publications in local and international journals, is also required for this cadre.

ii. DEPARTMENT OF GEOGRAPHY

SENIOR LECTURER

Applicants must possess Ph.D degree in Geography with specialization in (i) Climatology and (ii) Geomorphology/Hydrology/Water Resources and/or closely related specialization.

Applicants must have minimum of six (6) years post-Ph.D teaching experience at the University level and have publications in peer-reviewed international journals.

LECTURER I

Applicants must possess Ph.D degree in Geography with specialization in
(i) Climatology and (ii) Geomorphology/Hydrology/Water Resources and/or closely related specialization.

Applicants must have minimum of three (3) years post-Ph.D teaching experience at the University level and have publications in peer-reviewed international journals.

LECTURER II

Applicants must possess Ph.D degree in Geography with specialization in (i) Climatology and (ii) Geomorphology/Hydrology/Water Resources and/or closely related specialization.

iii.
DEPARTMENT OF URBAN AND REGIONAL PLANNING

LECTURER I
AREA OF SPECIALIZATION

Urban Design, Recreation Planning and Computer Aided Design

Applicants should hold MURP/M.Sc degree in Urban and Regional Planning and be registered or registrable with the Nigerian Institute of Town Planners (NITP) and the Town Planners Registration Council (TOPREC).

Applicants should also hold Ph.D degree in Urban and Regional Planning with a minimum of 3 years teaching experience at the University level.

CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
The appointments, which are to commence as soon as possible, are for three years initially (except for those of Professors). They may be extended for specific periods or confirmed to retiring age. Fringe benefits include a Pension Scheme or comparable arrangement as may be approved from time to time by the University Governing Council, residential accommodation or housing allowance at an approved rate and passages for approved Overseas Study Leave.

METHOD OF APPLICATION
Applicants should forward their applications and detailed Curriculum Vitae (20 copies)
stating: Date of Birth (not Age), Marital Status, State of Origin, L.G.A., Mobile Telephone Number, E-mail Address, Academic Qualifications, Experience in Teaching and Research,Publications (if any) and enclose two sets of Photostat copies of relevant Credentials. Applicants should also indicate the names of three Referees and their addresses.

When listing publications in the Curriculum Vitae, locations (i.e. country) of the journals as well as the percentage contribution of the applicant in each publication (in publications with multiple authorship) should be clearly indicated.

Applications should reach the Deputy Registrar (Establishments), University of Ibadan, Ibadan, Nigeria, not later than six weeks from the date of this publication.

Applicants should also request their referees to send reports on them, under confidential cover, direct to the Deputy Registrar (Establishments) from whom further details may be obtained. This advertisement is available on http://www.ui.edu.ng/jobs.The Referees should also be informed to indicate the positions and Departments applied for.

Applicants are also requested to indicate in their applications the position applied for and the relevant Department.

SALARY SCALE
Assistant Lecturer
CONUASS 2 (N794,260.00 X N23,306- N957,402)

Lecturer II
CONUASS
3 (N897,501 X N25,259- N1,074,314)

Lecturer I
CONUASS 4 (N1,122,751 X N40,223- N1,444,535)

Senior Lecturer
CONUASS 5 (N1,653,415 X N57,907- N2,348,299)

Reader CONUASS 6 (N2,053,124X N70,108 - N2,684,096)

Professor
CONUASS 7 (N2,485,099 X N80,449- N3,209,140)

Only the applications of shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.

Omotayo O. Ikotun (Mrs.)
Registrar