+ Reply + New Job/Topic

Topic: AJAYI CROWTHER UNIVERSITY ( ACADEMIC AND NON-TEACHING STAFF VACANCIES)

AJAYI CROWTHER UNIVERSITY ( ACADEMIC AND NON-TEACHING STAFF VACANCIES)

AJAYI CROWTHER UNIVERSITY OYO
    www.acu.edu.ng
    PMB 1066, Oy?, Oy? State, Nigeria

ACADEMIC AND NON-TEACHING STAFF VACANCIES
    INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL ADVERTISEMENTS

Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates for the following vacant positions in the University:

1. ACADEMIC POSITIONS

(A) FACULTY OF SOCIAL AND MANAGEMENT SCIENCES
    a Department of Accounting and Finance
    Senior Lecturer/Lecturer I (Taxation, Management Accounting,
    Financial Management, Auditing and Financial Management)
    b Department of Communication and Media Studies
    Assistant Lecturer (Broadcast Journalism, Public Relations & Advertising)
    c Department of Economics
    Senior Lecturer/ Lecturer I (Labour, Monetary, Development and Regional Economics)
    (B) FACULTY OF NATURAL SCIENCES
    a Department of Biological Sciences
    Assistant Lecturer (Bacteriology, Industrial Microbiology, Environmental Microbiology, Microbial Psychology, Food Microbiology, Soil Microbiology, Mycology, and Biostatistics)
    b Department of Earth Sciences
    Lecturer II (Mining and Structural Geology)
    c Department of Physical Sciences
    i Computer Science and Information Technology Programmes:
    Senior Lecturer, Lecturer I( Expert Systems and Hard ware Systems.)
    ii Physics with Electronics Programme
    Senior Lecturer I /Assistant Lecturer (Theoretical Physics, Solid State Physics, Electronics, Communications and Geophysics).
    iii Mathematics and Statistics
    Senior Lecturer/Lecturer I&II
    (Mathematics Methods & Statistics, Algebra, Group Theory, Group Theory & Complex variable Methods and Discrete Mathematics).
    (C) UNIVERSITY LIBRARY
    a Librarian I
    b Librarian II

(D) QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
    a Senior Lecturer (ACUTSS 05): N2,015,716.75-2,905,070.35
    A Ph.D. degree plus at least six (5) years teaching and (or) research experience in a university or comparable institution. Ability to initiate research works and supervise post-graduate projects and evidence of adequate scholarly publications in reputable outlets are required.

b Lecturer I (ACUTSS 04): N1,356,194.10-1,750,023.30
    Same as for Senior Lecturer except that the candidate should have at least 3 years of teaching and (or) research experience.
    C Lecturer II (ACUTSS 03):N1,075,509.50- 1,290,761.25
    A Ph.D. in the relevant field from a recognized university.
    d Assistant Lecturer
    A good honours degree and Master’s Degree in relevant field from a recognized University.
    e Librarian I (ACUTSS 03) N1, 075,509.50- 1,290,761.25
    A good university degree plus postgraduate qualification of a Master’s Degree in Library and Information Sciences. Candidate must have at least 3 years cognate experience in an academic/research library system. Knowledge of computer application to library practice is required.
    f Librarian II (ACUTSS 02) N946, 124,40-1,144,227.55
    Same as above but with no cognate experience required.

II NON-TEACHING POSITIONS
    A REGISTRY
    (i) Senior Assistant Registrar (ACUNTSS 011) N1, 356,194.10 – 1,750,023.30
    Applicants must possess a good first degree and a Master degree earned from a reputable university. He/she must also possess 10 year post qualification experience in University administration and must be computer literate.

(ii) Assistant Registrar (ACUNTSS 09) N945, 011.15-1,375,514.65
    Same as above but with only 5 years relevant post qualification experience in University administration.

(iii) Computer Programmer/System Analyst
    Applicants must have B.sc. in Computer Science or any other related discipline with a minimum of 5 years post qualification experience in software development and system analysis. An M.sc.in Computer Science and relevant professional certification will be an added advantage.

(iv) Secretary II (ACUNTSS 07) N699,756.90-1,036,387.60
    Applicants must have first degree or HND in secretarial study or any other related discipline and have at least 2 years post qualification experience. Other requirements for the position are excellent oral communication, writing and reporting skill, high proficiency on the computer (Word, Excel, Power point etc.) and ability to use the internet.
    (v) Secretary III (ACUNTSS 06) 455,272.20- 692,888.60
    Applicants must possess SSCE/GCE or its equivalent with at least 4credit pass including English Language plus ND in Secretariat Studies with 1000/50w.p.m in Shorthand and typewriting with at least 3 years cognate experience. Applicant must be computer literate.

(vi) Computer Operator (ACUNTSS 06) N455,272.20-692,888.60
    Candidate should possess WASC/GCE/SSCE, 50wpm typewriting from Government approved examination body with at least 8 years of cognate experience. (high proficiency on the Computer Word, Excel, Power Point etc.)
    B. ACADEMIC PLANNING UNIT
    Senior Planning Officer (ACUNTSS 1) N2, 185,782.30-2,902,439.10
    Applicant must have a good honours degree from a recognized University in any of the following fields-Mathematics, Statistics Economics, and Educational Management with bias in Mathematics / Statistics/Economics. Preference will be given to those with higher degree with a minimum of 10 years cognate experience in the Planning Unit of a University.
    C. BURSARY
    i Accountant II (ACUNTSS 07) N699,756.90-1,036,387.60
    Candidates should have B.Sc. or HND in Accounting and ICAN. Candidates should have skill in computing applications
    D. SECURITY UNIT
    Chief Security Officer (ACUNTSS12) N1313631.90-1843596.50
    Applicant must be an ex- service Inspector of Police or 2nd Lieutenant with 12 years experience. Higher rank in the Police or Military will be an added advantage
    E. FACULTY OF NATURAL SCIENCES
    a Department of Earth Sciences
    (i) Technologist II (ACUNTSS 07) N699,756.90-1,036,387.60
    Applicants must have HND AIST in the relevant disciplines plus 3 years post-qualification
    experience
    (ii) Laboratory Assistants (ACUNTSS 03) N203,065.90-315,632.20
    WASC/NECO/O’ L GCE with credit passes in not less than 5 subjects including Biology, Chemistry and Physics.
    b Department of Physical Sciences
    . (i) Technologist II (ACUNTSS 07) N699, 756.90-1,036,387.60
    Applicants should possess a good HND qualification or, a B.Sc or B.Tech degree to man a Computer Laboratory and Workshop. Possession of a professional certificate will be an added advantage.
    (ii) Laboratory Assistants (ACUNTSS 03) N203,065-315,632.20
    Applicants should possess a National Diploma in a related area or in the Mathematics Science with adequate experience in computing.
    F. ICT CENTRE
    i webmaster (ACUNTSS 07) N699, 756.90-1,036,387.60
    Applicants must have HND (lower credit or above), B.Sc., B.Tech. or equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or any other discipline but a minimum of three years post qualification experience in web design and management. Relevant professional certification will be an added advantage.
    G. UNIVERSITY LIBRARY
    (i) Library Assistant (ACUNTSS 03) N203, 065.90-315,632.20
    Applicants should possess 4 credit passes at O’Level including English Language, in not more than 2 sittings.

H. UNIVERSITY HEALTH CENTRE
    (i) Male Staff Nurse (ACUNTSS 06) N455, 272.20-692,888.60
    Applicants must have RN with at least 3yrs experience
    (ii) Male Attendant (ACUNTSS O3) N203,065.90-315,632.20
    Applicants must have JSS3 plus at least 2yrs experience in a hospital facility.

I. UNIVERSTY WORKS/ MAITANANCE UNIT
    (i) Plumber (ACUNTSS 04) N230,488.25-361,318.25
    Applicants must have (WASC/NABTEB + Trade Test II,III) with minimum of 4 years working experience.
    (ii) Electrician (ACUNTSS 04) N230,48.25-361,318.25

Applicants must have (WASC/NABTEB + Trade Test II,III) with minimum of 4 years working experience
    ( iii )Driver/ Mechanic (ACUNTSS 05) N 281,682.20-450,111.40
    Applicants must have minimum qualification WASC/NABTEB, O/L plus National driving license, Trade Test II, III issued by federal Ministry of Labour Employment and Productivity) and minimum of 5 years working experience.
    NOTE: (i) I n all instances, verifiable professional, academic, moral and spiritual references are prerequisites.
    (ii) All applicants must be willing to reside in Oyo.

III METHOD OF APPLICATION
    Candidates are required to submit 25 type-written copies of their applications and Curriculum Vitae giving information in the following format:
    (i) Full names with surname in Capitals
    (ii) Post desired and Department
    (iii) Date of birth, town and state of origin
    (iv) Nationality
    (v) Religion and Denomination
    (vi) Current Postal Address
    (vii) Permanent Home Address (with Telephone No)
    (viii) Marital status
    (ix) Name and ages of children
    (x) Institutions attended with dates
    (xi) Academic Qualifications
    (xii) Working Experience
    (xiii) Present employment, status, salary and employer
    (xiv) List of publications in details
    (xv) Extra curricular activities
    (xvi) Names and addresses of 3 referees whose reports should be sealed and submitted along with the application. Two of the referees must be authorities in the candidate’s area of specialization.

The post applied for and department are to be indicated at the top-left corner of the sealed envelope containing the applications.

IV CLOSING DATE
    All applications should be addressed to the Registrar, Ajayi Crowther University, P.M.B. 1066, Oyo, Oyo State, Nigeria to reach her not later than 4 weeks from the date of this publication.

Signed.
    Dr. Mrs. Josephine Oyebanji,
    Registrar
    Better to die on my feet than to die on another man lap

Re: AJAYI CROWTHER UNIVERSITY ( ACADEMIC AND NON-TEACHING STAFF VACANCIES)

Is a very nice one

+ Reply