+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Is it worth it leaving an N85k/month job for a free tuition masters @ Sweden?

Is it worth it leaving an N85k/month job for a free tuition masters @ Sweden?

Hi folks, is it worth it leaving an 85k per month job in naija for a free tuition masters in sweden. I need ya advice.

Re: Sweden Masters

Go for it. Afta all u will work there
    His banner over me is love...

Re: Is it worth it leaving an N85k/month job for a free tuition masters @ Sweden?

I'll advise u to go for the master program.Afterall,with masters,he can get better paid job.

Re: Is it worth it leaving an N85k/month job for a free tuition masters @ Sweden?

bros, you have to sit down and look at your life. it is easy for me to say go to sweden or don't go. but only you knows what your life plans are. you have look at what is your long-term goals and what is your short-term goals. only the person putting-on the shoe knows where it hurts. but my advice for you: go to sweden and do your masters, bros. best of luck.

Re: Is it worth it leaving an N85k/month job for a free tuition masters @ Sweden

My friend, the truth is that only u knows how u or what u wanna do. The best i can write here right now is only in an advisory capacity. Anyways,
    A word for u, " Work on being and not on having, for with what u are, u will have'. Read between the lines.

GO FOR UR MASTERS. The benjamins would always be waiting for u.

y d indecision? or wld u earn lesser pay even wit d masters degree? remember d local content bill on d floor of the NASS. so abeg go 4 d masters.
    IT IS WELL!

It is left for u to decide, but if i were in your shoes i would go for the masters.

plz u cud u link me up,help me w any website u used,mail 2 [email protected] 4 ur MSc its worth ur time

rev

hey,85k/month is ok but dont u think u'll be worth more than that if u are armed with a masters degree.my candid advise is this;go for ur masters and while u are there remember and never forget the reason why u are there.if i may ask, masters in what ?

hey, guy u know naija believe on paper [certificate] i advise u go 4 ur masters as u knw foreign certificate means alot in obodo nigeria

oboy quickly go for the masters program cos in the future which we all look ahead to, it will be very useful.will be very glad if you can help me with any similar school link.my email is [email protected]ks

Hello,
    I will advice to think carefully before you take a decision.
    Let me give some fact about sweden because i came back in June 2006 from a Masters Programme in
    Advanced Techniques in Radio Astronomy and Spaceat Chalmers in Gotheburg
    First it is good to have a foreign masters degree but the problem in sweden is you need about
    7,000SEK(#140,000) MONTHLY for the compulsory 9months of your masters course work.
    because there is no job in sweden to survive on(i mean no job not like England).
    So, if you plan to go for the masters and finish successfully you need to leave nigeria with
    aleast 2millon Naira.(no any short cut) you need the money to survive.
    The second thing you have to consider is after the Masters you have to come or stay there
    a look for a job.
    I am from sweden since June 2006 am yet to secure a befitting job of my qualifications.
    another friend that study Naval Architeture is now a contractor after he failed to secure a job up
    to the position he left in 2002.
    Another friend fortunate with cadbury and another in Shell after he did two Masters in Sweden.
    Finnally, the decision lies in your hands you know your background and how easy to raise the fund
    and how connected you are in Nigeria since you also know that job in Nigeria can be obtained
    through three means
    Merit(15%)
    who you know(Man know man)(80%)
    By luck or Chance(5%)
    Bye for now
    Abayomi

Man, it all depends on 'you', your character, your person. I know people who went to Sweden to study and came back with tales of woes, and I have a friend who is currently studying there, and is making it such that he says he'll stay put after his studies. It's different strokes for different folks, so if you are someone who's determined, hardworking with a never-say-die attitude, go for it, but if you are laid-back, happy-go-lucky person, who likes to have it nice and smooth, please stay back and stick to your present security, your job. Afterall, as Abayomi has said, there's no guarantee that you'll find a rosy job when you return, armed with your foreign masters degree. All the best man. Cheers

+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast