Why do many job seekers fail to be hired after interview?
The answer to this are multi-faced with several people of different opinions.

Many job seekers fail to make a job for one of two reasons. They either had better competitors or they failed. The 1st reason applies usually when a vacancy is to be filled. All prospective hires will be examined and the best taken. To such victims, I will say, strive to improve yourself and be the best next time. The 2nd instance usually applies when a firm is conducting a general recruitment usually when they are expanding or when a good number of existing staff will be retiring.

Several reasons could cause somebody to fail an interview. A recruiter while addressing a forum a while ago said that a recruiter goes for thanksgiving when he successfully hires one person. Many of you just like me will disagree on this, but the truth remains that your ideology and perception of things will change the moment become a recruiter. It's not to witch hunt anybody but you become more aware of the realities of your new job description.

For someone to fail an interview means he performed below expectation. A field work performance for an analyst position in an interview is definitely a failure. Most of this arise because prospective candidates are not appropriately briefed of the interview requirements. They don't do elaborate research on the job and firm. They usually don't package themselves well to suit that position.

To succeed in an interview, prospective job seekers must do a few things.
1. Package yourself appropriately to suit the position
2. Comport yourself appropriately. Avoid fidgeting.
3. Make elaborate research on the position including job description and functions.
4. Answer interview questions logically and intelligently
5. Make references to your past (childhood, adolescent etc) to buttress your skills and strengths. Some things we think are irrelevant may be very relevant to the recruiter. If you were a course rep in school, why not make reference to it when you are telling your interviewer that you have a good people management or leadership skills
6. Convince the interviewer why he needs to hire you
7. Ask relevant and intelligent questions. (I think this is the most important part of the interview). The questions you ask makes you unique and different from all other prospective job seekers. The answers you provide to interview questions tell the interviewer more about your response to issues and the way you will handle situations. The questions you ask your interviewer tells him more on how you will initiative programs to the success of the firm.

Avoid STEREOTYPES. Attend to each interview as different and avoid carrying over answers and questions from a previous interview experience to a current interview except when both are very related.

I wish you God's grace in your job search.

Cheers.