+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: who is a legend?

who is a legend?

Silverbird Group Nigeria, the owner of Rhythm 93.7 and Silverbird television has been running a programme(Opinion poll) on both their radio and TV stations for the search for “THE FIVE GREATEST NIGERIAN LIVING LEGEND”..
    Nominees announced (even though the criteria for choosing them was not made known) include pastor Adeboye of RCCG, pastor Oyedepo of Winners Chapel, Olusegun Obasanjo, Gowon,Anthony Okogie, King Sunny Ade, Kanu Nwankwo, Pat Utomi, Onyeka Owenu, chinua acehbe, Philip imeagwali, balarabe musa, akeem olajunwo, chuwkwuemeka ojukwu,dora akunyili, david davinon, wole soyinka e.t.c( 20 of them actually)

These names are generating a lot of controversies because a lot of people are wondering if some of the pastors and individual who made this list can, then others deserve to be on the list as well..what happened to Olukoya of Mountain of Fire,TB Joshua ,Chris Oyahkilome and others that you can think of? NO notable Islamic Leader even make the list. As at this morning, it was in the news that pastor Adeboye was leading the poll with some 48. percent of total vote cast. Is this not a pure reflection of emotional attachment based on the fact that RCCG actually boast of the largest congregation in the country? Is it that an Islamic leader cannot be a legend?

What can they achieve with this poll? Who actually is a legend? Would it not be better if it was categorized into groups like SPORT, RELIGION,MUSIC,POLITICS e.t.c.? Is this just another ruse to rip people off their hard-earned money? After all, sms cost 100naira per person.
    I’m hoping you will find some minutes to air your views.
    Thank you.
    NOTE: This short article is written with good intention and not to castigate ANY RELIGION or Individual.

Re: who is a legend?

my posting friend, shut your off and dont be a fool or whats wrong if adeboye wins it at the end of the day...........i am not a member of his, but i appreciate what the good Lord has done through him.

Quote Originally Posted by bcgeorge
    Silverbird Group Nigeria, the owner of Rhythm 93.7 and Silverbird television has been running a programme(Opinion poll) on both their radio and TV stations for the search for “THE FIVE GREATEST NIGERIAN LIVING LEGEND”..
    Nominees announced (even though the criteria for choosing them was not made known) include pastor Adeboye of RCCG, pastor Oyedepo of Winners Chapel, Olusegun Obasanjo, Gowon,Anthony Okogie, King Sunny Ade, Kanu Nwankwo, Pat Utomi, Onyeka Owenu, chinua acehbe, Philip imeagwali, balarabe musa, akeem olajunwo, chuwkwuemeka ojukwu,dora akunyili, david davi

These names are generating a lot of controversies because a lot of people are wondering if some of the pastors and individual who made this list can, then others deserve to be on the list as well..what happened to Olukoya of Mountain of Fire,TB Joshua ,Chris Oyahkilome and others that you can think of? NO notable Islamic Leader even make the list. As at this morning, it was in the news that pastor Adeboye was leading the poll with some 48. percent of total vote cast. Is this not a pure reflection of emotional attachment based on the fact that RCCG actually boast of the largest congregation in the country? Is it that an Islamic leader cannot be a legend?

What can they achieve with this poll? Who actually is a legend? Would it not be better if it was categorized into groups like SPORT, RELIGION,MUSIC,POLITICS e.t.c.? Is this just another ruse to rip people off their hard-earned money?
    NOTE: This short article is written with good intention and not to castigate ANY RELIGION or Individual.

seems biased to me
    Revelation 22: 11-12

This is an open forum where people who care to visit it contribute to a topic of their choice and air their views. Their is no need to disrespect anyone by asking them to 'shut...' whatever up.

@bcgeorge has a valid point how can you nominate people across: Sport, Religion, Music, Politics and Education/Academic and pick one person as a Legend? It is best if you have a legend per category you can then compare orange with orange and not pitch apple against pawpaw!

@clericuzio - does anybody know who you are or care which church you go to, to be telling us "i am not a member of his, but..." open your eyes and mind to logical presentation may be you will learn one or two things about impartiality.

@ the other contributor - how can a suggestion to split nominees into different categories be bias? WAKE UP NIGERIANS!!!

the other contributor has a name
    Anyway from the tone of the write up it seems bcgeorge has a problem with the nominees. Category blah blah was just an after thought (as far as am concerned)

Write ups have tones and these determine our individual interpretations.
    Yours seems rude.

If you are gonna pass comment on what someone has said, do so without going personal.

Learn to read between the lines.

God Bless
    TBABY

Pls let it be stated here that irrespective of how many post u have made or how long u hv been a member,we all hv the equal right of airing our opinions.I know some of us were born 60yrs ago.But if not,we could take a dive into history to find out about the Universal Declaration of Human rights and its tenets. Please,let us respect the opinions of others,it doesnt cost a dime to do so.
    T

@bcgeorge The truth of the matter is that hakeem olajuwon was the first Nig to be drafted into the NBA & also won gold with d dream team.Adeboye has the fastest growing church in the world,P.Emeagwali designed the worlds fastest computer and so on.So these are some of the criteria that are being used. But to be frank,they should hv given us the freedom of choice on this issue on whom to nominate.
    T

Quote Originally Posted by felixodeli
    Pls let it be stated here that irrespective of how many post u have made or how long u hv been a member,we all hv the equal right of airing our opinions.I know some of us were born 60yrs ago.But if not,we could take a dive into history to find out about the Universal Declaration of Human rights and its tenets. Please,let us respect the opinions of others,it doesnt cost a dime to do so.
    now this is a super biased remark
    i do not see the relevance of this to whats being discussed here
    Am not about to let this go yet
    Its time pple learn to be objective in this forum

@T-BABY (I refused to be dragged into this) so long as I hv a peace-keeping role in this issue,i will not radiate any word of antagonism & besides i wasnt referring to u when i made the post or maybe u were taking it personal cos i do know very well that a man's (oh sorry woman's) best judge is his (oh sorry her) conscience. U dont tell a wise man (oh sorry woman) the whole story. Remain blessed my friend.
    T

Wow! Wow!! Wow!!!,

This kind of trends kind of lifts my spirits up.

@Felixodeli,

I tot by now you should have being used to how to treat the 'weaker sex' (Perhaps in ur dealings with me), U should easily see that T-Baby was not in a good mood, you shouldm't add insult to injury by your remarks, and like you said everyone has a right to their opions but not at the detriment of other members, if you think what you have to say will be misinterpreted (Biased) then pls don't say it, (Unless of course you like making trouble, like ME).

So please.

@T-baby,
    I don't know you and our paths has not yet crossed on this site yet, but i cud see you've been around for a long time (longer than me, by the way), and you were popular for some time (Sammie testified to that), but u were absent for some time, glad you're back.

This site is a very intersting site, but i've gotten to learn something from it - letting some things go, at least i've had scrambles(permit me) with almost all of the popular members in d site (sammie, coolguy,dawaskee, felixodeli, SOME-MORE you name them, even my dear friend jeanie), but it just does not lead anywhere, people began to take me as a troublemaker.

I had to give it up cause it was not worth it, i tell you, people were begining to act biased to me and read meanings to every of my words.

So please i beg you, for the sake of womanhood (Lest they take we women as -------), just let this go, i know how it feels but please, you hear?

Thank you all.

ONE LOVE.
    Be more concerned with your character than your reputation. <br />Your character is what u really are, while ur reputation is merely what others think.

@florafab thank u very much for mediation. Actually i never knew it was going to be taken 4 something else.The strength of the weak is a strong temptation to the strong. Some of us here are senior members but its not a licence to look down on junior members as we were once like them.If u want to knw the true xter of a man,give him power.For crying out loud,we all the inalienable right to air our opinion and it was even dis issue that brought me here.anyway there wasnt any anger nor bias in me when i made the post(i even wowo b4,if i come vex again,then that one na crises o). florafab thanks once again,i appreciate. @T-BABY am sorry if my earlier posts had any inflamatory contents,it wasnt intentional. All miscontrued contents duelly regretted. -odeli felix.
    T

i tire oo
    wetin una dey talk about?
    I was referring to the topic at hand and Mr Odili your comments were direct. There is nothing you can say to change that in my mind. Didnt know there was war in this house. Good luck with the peace keeping efforts

sho so popularity dey this house?

I know some pple just say anything they like on this site, some are not just worth commenting on cos am sure they did it out of mischief. But some are very aware of what they are doing and i believe they are not idiots. Someone like Mr Mustaqueem whose posts so far on this site if full of cynicism and criticism. My posts are always objective. I say things the way i see it and i do not think i have ever degraded anyone with whatever i say.

Clericuzio post was not even worth commenting on as far as am concerned cos there was nothing in it.

My moods are always good and Sammie77 good luck with spreading tales bout me.

Anyone can take this as whatever they like, who no like MY views can take a dive in a well.

Flora dear, i dont like to be known. I just wanna come here, do what i wanna do and go.
    i think i have said my piece, now i can let it go.
    But hey am still willing to discuss this topic so we can all see the rationale behind this award. i no be silverbird staff o

God bless
    TBABY

felix, pls no hypen in my name

@TBABY sorry 4 the addition of the hyphen to ur name but as u know,one good turn deserves another.Pls my surname is odeli & not felix,b4 dem go start take me 4 a relative of d former gov of rivers state(lol).
    T

+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast