+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Topic: Share & Learn about Interview experiences!

Share & Learn about Interview experiences!

What does it mean when one is asked about his weaknesses?
    what goes around comes around

Re: Share ur experiences

Personally, I think it's a way of checking candidate sincerity and willingness to learn/change & develop.

It's easy to point to things that are ur strengths but weaknesses imply areas that u have to work on. You have to be able to explain that there are issues that you are conscious of (preferably not serious issues) and that you are developing yourself on them and they can even be turned to strengths that will benefit organizations that want to employ you......u just have to 'sell it' right.

If the 'tell us your major weakness' question comes up in an interview, try not to say perfectionist...everybody says that. Find something about yourself that's not that bad and can actually be turned to a strength in an organization. For example you could say that you are naturally goal oriented and wants to meet your original targets so u tend to push ideas for longer than necessary...that's actually a good thing in disguise. U can then mention that you are currently working on yourself to be able to make realistic assesments of the tasks you undertake and adjust your goals accordingly....irrespectively of how deeply you have involved yourself in them.
    The help of God is the greatest need of any person...

How about other questions that may come up in the course of a personal interview, like why should we give you this job?

Well as to why should we give u the job...u have to demostrate 2 things:
    1. Your uniqueness...what makes u stand out from the person they just interviewed or the person coming after u? Sell urself..let them know that u are a person of value and can add to their organization
    2. An understanding of their organization.. u have to tie this to the first answer...demonstrate an understanding of the company...talk about something like their corporate vision or culture...then tell them that are an ideal candidate to help the company achieve it's goal(s).

Interviews are often more about attitude than aptitude. Believe in urself and with God on ur side, u'll surely shine!

Wishing u the best

Yinka,

How possible will it be for us to have a one on one?
    I have a load of questions which need answers.
    Sure it will take deal of time to answer them, but u will be doing me a favour.

share with us all..bros.
    A loaded person like Yinka should have us too as audience...
    ageb we wan learn o...abi una wey remain...wetin i talk no good?
    In life's pursuits, Never Outrun God [Prov.19:21]
    1luv...

Hi guys,
    How best should one answer the question "where do you intend to be in x years time career wise?".
    I was once asked this question and i gave an honest answer but someone on the panel made me feel so . (even though its about a year ago).
    I said i hope to be in top management then in 5 years time and the person was like maybe in my father's company. I think that was very rude of that person.
    Its less than 2 years and i am already in management so what's stopping me from getting to my goal in the specified no of years.
    Pls i would like you guys to comment on this.

GOD BLESS
    Revelation 22: 11-12

I think i agree with u...that comment about ur father's company and all was uncalled for...sometimes those panels can seem like serious beef...that's anoda story....

Anyways i think u have to answer that question a 'role' perspective rather than a 'job description or title perspective'. Focus on an answer that emphasizes the unique benefits u hope to be adding by the knowledge and experience u would have gained.
    Something along the lines of......''I hope to be in a position where i will be able deploy knowledge, skills and experience gathered in improving company performance....'
    Yes u'll get to management level (as u have been able to right now) but remember that most people are so crazy about power...they might think u are timing their job(s).
    Emphasize that u are looking forward to being more of a contributor to organisational performance. Try and down play issues of position, particularly depending on the way u sense the people on the panel are.
    Remember, the title u wear is not as important as the task u perform.....

Wishing u the best.

hi yinka i must commend you on your contribution- welll done.
    let me also attempt the question:
    @ the first question-
    What does it mean when one is asked about his weaknesses?

It is indirect way of saying:
    1. what are you not telling us,
    2. How well do you know yourself in terms of your personality,
    3. where should be place you?

@ question 2
    why should we give u the job?
    It is indirect way of saying:
    We have received other CVs and are interview people who seem fit for the job like you.SO
    1. what are do you have and they dont,
    2. how can that uniqueness help our bottom line.
    Innovative Solutions  ...adding value

smg

HI GUYS. SEGUN ONIBIYO ARE MY NAMES. I THINK TO ADD TO WHAT THE OTHER GUYS HAVE SAID CONCERNING WEAKNESSES, I STILL WONDER WHY ANYONE WOULD EXPECT YOU NOT TO LIE-GIVEN THE TENSION IN THE AIR DURING THE INTERVIEW.
    BUT AS TENSED AS ONE MAYBE, YOU CAN STAND OUT IF YOU TRYYY VVVERY HARRRD TO REMEMBER TO PICK ONE OF THE PANELISTS, THE WEAK ONE ...STARE AT HIM OR HER WITH A SMILE AND CONFIDENCE AND DELIVER YOUR LINES. NO EMS, NO DART-LOOKING, NO STARRING AT THE FLOOR/CEILING-WHEN YOU DO ANY OF THESE, IT'S BELIEVED THAT YOU'RE LYING. BUT WHEN YOU LOOK THEM SQUARE IN THE EYES, YOU DEMONSTRATE CONFIDENCE AND KNOWLEDGE. IF PERMITTED, TURN THE INTERVIEW ROOM INTO A LECTURE THEARTRE...SCHOOL THEM!

SOME OF THE QUESTIONS ARE QUITE UNSETTLING. BUT WITH SPECIAL ARRANGEMENT, EVEN DEVIL AND GOD DEY PARLEY! WE GO BREAK THROUGH, AMEEEEEN! GOODLUCK.

Bullet i strongly agree with your point. demondstrate that confident, school them who eva they r, the panel. No mata how strict they may appear, let them know that u v got wat it takes to meet the target.

U GUYZ ARE DOING A GREAT JOB.KIP IT UP

I want to really thank u all for the questions u've asked and the answers. They've been really helpful.

Thanks.
    Circumstances do not make the man, they reveal him.

+ Reply
Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast