+ Reply + New Job/Topic

Topic: Reasons of unemployement

Reasons of unemployement

Do You Have The Perfect CV/Resume?

Many CV’s are wreck, however the cause of this situation is yet to be uncovered despite several publications on CV writing.
    CV/Resume is an employee’s first image and a calling card.
    I never knew how far, a CV can affect ones employement until I got my recent job.Then after some months another vacancy opened up in our company which I intimated naija jobbers, but do you believe that all the applications we got could not be treated due to the way they were written, then my Oga told me that this has been a big problem even in other big establishments and it is so bad that a graduate looking for a job can not write a common CV.
    Besides, lets try add proffessional skills to our university results.
    Most company want to employ already made and not whom they will train.

Pls read this and edit yours but if you need additional aid for general company's standard CV.

Call: 08063786241

READ THIS AND BEST OF LUCK AS GOD WILL GIVE YOU A BETTER JOB.

Your resume (or CV) can either help you greatly increase your salary or hinder your career advancement. Here's how to achieve the former with your resume.

First, focus on the structure. An ideal structure consists of Name and Contact Information, Objective or Career Summary, Professional Experience, and Education.
    Then, consider the length. For entry-level purchasing positions, a one-page resume is appropriate. However, "If you have more than five to seven years of experience, then you want to have a two-page resume," according to Tonia Deal, President of Tonia Deal Consulting, a leading supply chain recruiting firm. "I will not submit a resume over three pages."

Next, ensure that the Professional Experience section is done well. List experience from most recent to oldest.

Within the Professional Experience section, have headings listing each company and the years you've worked for those companies. But an additional commonly ignored item that employers and recruiters like to see is a short description of those companies.
    "Who is this company? What do they do? I want the annual sales," says Deal of company descriptions on the resume. She explains that employers like to "know the type of organization that [candidates] are coming from."

Underneath each company heading, you should include subheadings for each position you've held accompanied by dates you've held those positions. Under the position subheadings, include your responsibilities and achievements in bullet point or paragraph form.

Re: Reasons of unemployement

its all well and good if this applies to a civilised nation. i do not doubt the fact that a good number of "graduates' are yet to learn a lot of things, least of all, and most obvious, how to write a resume, but i doubt if that is any reason why there are no jobs provided for the horde of unemployed. i thought any company worth its salt would be in the better position to judge for themselves during the interview process, otherwise the aim of setting up a human resource department is defeated. whoever says that the cause of unemployment lies, even remotely in the inadequacy of the resume of the applicant, typographical errors or otherwise, is truly in the dark to the tremendous amount of lip service and nepotism that goes in that nice facade of 'corporate' establishments that are ubiquitous all over the country. take my word for it, i know, from first hand experience, ... and my resume is not badly written!

+ Reply